Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Warriors Hire Mark Jackson

Wow this move really surprised me, I guess we'll finally get to see how good he really is as a coach.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

GOAT dont care what anyone has to say. Great hire better than what we got.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    GOAT dont care what anyone has to say. Great hire better than what we got.
    F*ck all you Jackson haters. The man is getting a well deserved opportunity and has paid his dues many times over.

No wonder you support D'antoni. Its obvious you haven't a clue of what you speak. Basing your idiotic opinions on Jacksons entertainment value as a commentator. And you call yourself Knick fans? F*cking pathetic.

When you analyze his commentary which entails THE TRUTH and listen to hi observations, he conveys more knowledge of the game in one sentence than D'Antoni has shown his entire career, one sentence.

Added, he has formed a very well received repoire with another staple of Knicks basetball during one of the best era's we've witnessed. Good job Jackson, you deserve it, hope all goes well in your endevours.

F*cking dumbass haters, don't know your a$$ from your elbows.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Originally Posted by Red
    F*ck all you Jackson haters. The man is getting a well deserved opportunity and has paid his dues many times over.

No wonder you support D'antoni. Its obvious you haven't a clue of what you speak. Basing your idiotic opinions on Jacksons entertainment value as a commentator. And you call yourself Knick fans? F*cking pathetic.

When you analyze his commentary which entails THE TRUTH and listen to hi observations, he conveys more knowledge of the game in one sentence than D'Antoni has shown his entire career, one sentence.

Added, he has formed a very well received repoire with another staple of Knicks basetball during one of the best era's we've witnessed. Good job Jackson, you deserve it, hope all goes well in your endevours.

He should ****ing be our coach Red. We should have let him be our coach when we were purging our roster with the like or QBICTCH etc.....

Mark Jackson has one of the best minds in the game and you will soon see it out West.

Lol if Jackson fails in GS I will dig this thread back up.. Not saying he won't coach.. Just saying no one does... He's never coached before.. on any level.. and I DO NOT want MY KNICKS being a test rat for a first time coach..

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    and I DO NOT want MY KNICKS being a test rat for a first time coach..
    This is the only argument that matters.

Happy Jax got the GS job. He's wanted to be a head coach and its good that someone gave him a chance. Obviously he impressed management with his basketball philosophy and personality. GS has two players in Ellis and Curry that could really benefit from Mark's extensive experience as an NBA guard.

Don't understand why so many people in this thread are throwing dirt on the guy. He was an outstanding PG so obviously he knows the game. Don't take what he does on TV as actual coaching... 50% of it is entertainment.

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Lol if Jackson fails in GS I will dig this thread back up.. Not saying he won't coach.. Just saying no one does... He's never coached before.. on any level.. and I DO NOT want MY KNICKS being a test rat for a first time coach..
    Lol @ your bias!

IF he fails it'll be the players not the coach- hasn't D'antoni tought you anything?smh

Originally Posted by Red
    Lol @ your bias!

IF he fails it'll be the players not the coach- hasn't D'antoni tought you anything?smh
    Dude Mark Jackson has no coaching experience at all, he wasn't even an assistant coach. Do you really think he will be a good coach just because he was a good player? Yeah look how Isiah Thomas turned out.

I'm glad for Jackson, good for him

Veteran

Originally Posted by Red

"Mama there goes that man again!!!" Great post by Red haha!!! Playing the "race card" again but it always amuses me that being white is enough "experience" needed until a black man wants a job then its "you need more experience." Like Lawrence Frank??? Are you freakin kidding me??? I'll take live fire experience over film study any day and Mark Jackson has plenty. And cut it with the Isiah references. Doc Rivers is a much better comparison. Good for Mark Jackson and I hope he does well out there coaching up D. Lee. "Hand down, man down!!!"

Veteran

The Warriors situation is a lot like the Knicks. They have been playing Nellie ball for the last 5 years and we have been playing SSOL under D'Antoni. Both teams don't emphasize D, if Jax turns the Warriors around and gets them to play credible D like he says and gets them on a winning track that might mean we see a defensive minded coach after D'Antoni.

He has go his work cut out for him, he has got 2 good players in Monta and Curry but they're far from being physical defenders like Lebron and DWade. Biedrens is a shot blocker but isn't physical enough and DLee is a sieve defending the paint.

NBA forums bitch

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    "Mama there goes that man again!!!" Great post by Red haha!!! Playing the "race card" again but it always amuses me that being white is enough "experience" needed until a black man wants a job then its "you need more experience." Like Lawrence Frank??? Are you freakin kidding me??? I'll take live fire experience over film study any day and Mark Jackson has plenty. And cut it with the Isiah references. Doc Rivers is a much better comparison. Good for Mark Jackson and I hope he does well out there coaching up D. Lee. "Hand down, man down!!!"
    Lolz at turning this into a race war.

Congrats to Jackson, I wish him the best.

Originally Posted by Red

Not sure why my comment about not liking his commentary style offends you so much. I never said anything about his basketball acumen or his ability to coach (I don't know what kind of coach he'll make, he could be great or he could suck. Proof is in the putting.) He was a great Knick, always liked him from the day we drafted him, watching him & Ewing play together in their early years was great. I simply don't like his delivery when he provides commentary during a basketball game. Personal preference, is that OK with you?

By the way, I can't stand Mike D'Antoni. You might want to keep away from the generalizations & assumptions. Take a chill pill.