Warriors Hire Mark Jackson

nyk_nyk

All Star
Happy Jax got the GS job. He's wanted to be a head coach and its good that someone gave him a chance. Obviously he impressed management with his basketball philosophy and personality. GS has two players in Ellis and Curry that could really benefit from Mark's extensive experience as an NBA guard.

Don't understand why so many people in this thread are throwing dirt on the guy. He was an outstanding PG so obviously he knows the game. Don't take what he does on TV as actual coaching... 50% of it is entertainment.

Red

TYPE-A
Lol if Jackson fails in GS I will dig this thread back up.. Not saying he won't coach.. Just saying no one does... He's never coached before.. on any level.. and I DO NOT want MY KNICKS being a test rat for a first time coach..

Lol @ your bias!

IF he fails it'll be the players not the coach- hasn't D'antoni tought you anything?smh

Lol @ your bias!

IF he fails it'll be the players not the coach- hasn't D'antoni tought you anything?smh
Dude Mark Jackson has no coaching experience at all, he wasn't even an assistant coach. Do you really think he will be a good coach just because he was a good player? Yeah look how Isiah Thomas turned out.

jimkcchief88

All Star
F*ck all you Jackson haters. The man is getting a well deserved opportunity and has paid his dues many times over.

No wonder you support D'antoni. Its obvious you haven't a clue of what you speak. Basing your idiotic opinions on Jacksons entertainment value as a commentator. And you call yourself Knick fans? F*cking pathetic.

When you analyze his commentary which entails THE TRUTH and listen to hi observations, he conveys more knowledge of the game in one sentence than D'Antoni has shown his entire career, one sentence.

Added, he has formed a very well received repoire with another staple of Knicks basetball during one of the best era's we've witnessed. Good job Jackson, you deserve it, hope all goes well in your endevours.

F*cking dumbass haters, don't know your a$$ from your elbows.

"Mama there goes that man again!!!" Great post by Red haha!!! Playing the "race card" again but it always amuses me that being white is enough "experience" needed until a black man wants a job then its "you need more experience." Like Lawrence Frank??? Are you freakin kidding me??? I'll take live fire experience over film study any day and Mark Jackson has plenty. And cut it with the Isiah references. Doc Rivers is a much better comparison. Good for Mark Jackson and I hope he does well out there coaching up D. Lee. "Hand down, man down!!!"

tiger0330

Legend
The Warriors situation is a lot like the Knicks. They have been playing Nellie ball for the last 5 years and we have been playing SSOL under D'Antoni. Both teams don't emphasize D, if Jax turns the Warriors around and gets them to play credible D like he says and gets them on a winning track that might mean we see a defensive minded coach after D'Antoni.

He has go his work cut out for him, he has got 2 good players in Monta and Curry but they're far from being physical defenders like Lebron and DWade. Biedrens is a shot blocker but isn't physical enough and DLee is a sieve defending the paint.

KBlack25

Starter
"Mama there goes that man again!!!" Great post by Red haha!!! Playing the "race card" again but it always amuses me that being white is enough "experience" needed until a black man wants a job then its "you need more experience." Like Lawrence Frank??? Are you freakin kidding me??? I'll take live fire experience over film study any day and Mark Jackson has plenty. And cut it with the Isiah references. Doc Rivers is a much better comparison. Good for Mark Jackson and I hope he does well out there coaching up D. Lee. "Hand down, man down!!!"

Lolz at turning this into a race war.

Congrats to Jackson, I wish him the best.

STAT1

Starter
F*ck all you Jackson haters. The man is getting a well deserved opportunity and has paid his dues many times over.

No wonder you support D'antoni. Its obvious you haven't a clue of what you speak. Basing your idiotic opinions on Jacksons entertainment value as a commentator. And you call yourself Knick fans? F*cking pathetic.

When you analyze his commentary which entails THE TRUTH and listen to hi observations, he conveys more knowledge of the game in one sentence than D'Antoni has shown his entire career, one sentence.

Added, he has formed a very well received repoire with another staple of Knicks basetball during one of the best era's we've witnessed. Good job Jackson, you deserve it, hope all goes well in your endevours.

Not sure why my comment about not liking his commentary style offends you so much. I never said anything about his basketball acumen or his ability to coach (I don't know what kind of coach he'll make, he could be great or he could suck. Proof is in the putting.) He was a great Knick, always liked him from the day we drafted him, watching him & Ewing play together in their early years was great. I simply don't like his delivery when he provides commentary during a basketball game. Personal preference, is that OK with you?

By the way, I can't stand Mike D'Antoni. You might want to keep away from the generalizations & assumptions. Take a chill pill.

I think you need this.

tampax.jpg

Marek

Benchwarmer

Don't cheapen the "race card." There are enough legit racial issues in sports and life that deserve to be called out. This is not one of them.

Lawrence Frank didn't jump from film boy to HC. He was an assistant at Marquette, Tennessee, the Grizzlies, and the Nets before being promoted to HC. That's a LOT of experience.

Name one coach who jumped straight to NBA Head Coach without ANY coaching experience whatsoever.

Red

TYPE-A
Dude Mark Jackson has no coaching experience at all, he wasn't even an assistant coach. Do you really think he will be a good coach just because he was a good player? Yeah look how Isiah Thomas turned out.

Did I say I think he would be a good coach because he was a good player? No.

But when someone uses their opinion of his commentary as some sort of reason for why he won't be a good coach, before he eveb starts, I call them for what they are...

Haters.

Not sure why my comment about not liking his commentary style offends you so much. I never said anything about his basketball acumen or his ability to coach (I don't know what kind of coach he'll make, he could be great or he could suck. Proof is in the putting.) He was a great Knick, always liked him from the day we drafted him, watching him & Ewing play together in their early years was great. I simply don't like his delivery when he provides commentary during a basketball game. Personal preference, is that OK with you?

By the way, I can't stand Mike D'Antoni. You might want to keep away from the generalizations & assumptions. Take a chill pill.

How could you offend me or even think that you could.
Using your logic, how can YOU be offended by being called a hater when the comment had nothing to do with you, unless you are a hater

Which by your above statement you are. I accpet your opinion, the fact that he is part of the team commentating in the finals says the people that matter feel different.

And for both of you, IF you are not haters, a simple congrats would do...

But I guess that's too hard.

friedduck

Rookie

You DAMN fool.

Stop clinging to ur race like a hick with a noose to his bible.

Clumsy ass race baiter. Yo ass get eaten alive in the hood or the boardroom. :boohoo:

Same reason ppl dont want Laimbeer...who actually still has more proven know-how n experience than Jax. He doesn't have enough, either. Happy for both if they both get the jobs, but no ty plz for my Knicks.

Jax got the ****ing job anyways, :teeth:. Wha? Did be get it bc he black? You fool....

Evolve n grow some iq points, chief.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Red,

Is it this comment that you're soooo inflamed about?

Good for him. Tired of seeing his disgruntled face on ABC.

I think he'll be better as a coach than he is as a commentator, which may not be saying much..

If so, explain to me how I denegrated him and his chances at becoming a good coach. My comments were meant as a commentary on his broadcasting abilities. Never been a fan of his catch phrases and monotone delivery either..

How does that make me a hater?

Also refer to the bolded above. As a successful black man, trust me, I have the least amount of hateration for any other black man, or any person for that matter, who gets an opportunity, as long as it's deserved.

I've actually been wanting him to get this chance for a long time, but I think it's alright for people to wonder if he's really ready. He has never been an assistant on a staff. It's natural that there are questions re: how he'll do. I wish him the best, but there's no way he's going to be as prepared for the position as someone like JVG or even MDA was. He has zero coaching experience in any league.

That said, I wish him the best and I think his basketball acumen is top notch.

One thing's for sure.. He's going to learn a heck of a lot.

Red

TYPE-A
Red,

Is it this comment that you're soooo inflamed about?

If so, explain to me how I denegrated him and his chances at becoming aPo good coach. My comments were meant as a commentary on his broadcasting abilities. Never been a fan of his catch phrases and monotone delivery either..

How does that make me a hater?

Also refer to the bolded above. As a successful black man, trust me, I have the least amount of hateration for any other black man, or any person for that matter, who gets an opportunity, as long as it's deserved.

I've actually been wanting him to get this chance for a long time, but I think it's alright for people to wonder if he's really ready. He has never been an assistant on a staff. It's natural that there are questions re: how he'll do. I wish him the best, but there's no way he's going to be as prepared for the position as someone like JVG or even MDA was. He has zero coaching experience in any league.

That said, I wish him the best and I think his basketball acumen is top notch.

One thing's for sure.. He's going to learn a heck of a lot.

Like I said a congrats would do. I read through lines, I sense hate (unwarranted based on his commentating) and I said how I felt.

Not sure where the race thing came from, I think Jim advanced that part, and I didn't even understand that.

But whatever, I'm from the school of sometimes its better to say nothing if you dont have a good thing to say.

Also the fact that he was choosen for the finals which is as a team with JVG and Breen (spelling) says the concensus feels different. Don't like his commentating fine, but to base his coaching on that is absurd.

Not even going to wait and see. Crazy.

People with a lot less credentials have gotten a chance, he deserves it.

Marek

Benchwarmer
Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale...

Good...of those three, two already had extensive front office experience, and the other was an absolutely awful coach. Hell, even one of the guys with front office experience didn't do well at all.

Front office experience doesn't quite translate to the HC job as well as assistant coaching, though, so Bird is a solid example of how a player could be a solid coach without experience.

1 out of 3 sure doesn't seem like great odds, though. It's a crap shoot, and I really don't have enough faith in Mark Jackson to pass over ANY decent coach with experience.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Like I said a congrats would do. I read through lines, I sense hate (unwarranted based on his commentating) and I said how I felt.

Not sure where the race thing came from, I think Jim advanced that part, and I didn't even understand that.

But whatever, I'm from the school of sometimes its better to say nothing if you dont have a good thing to say.

Also the fact that he was choosen for the finals which is as a team with JVG and Breen (spelling) says the concensus feels different. Don't like his commentating fine, but to base his coaching on that is absurd.

Not even going to wait and see. Crazy.

People with a lot less credentials have gotten a chance, he deserves it.

What people?

Jackson has zero coaching experience. None. Zilch.

He played the game at a high level as a floor general that's it.

That said, I think for much of his career he was like another coach on the floor. He has that kind of headiness for the game of basketball on the court and when you hear his thoughts, but to say there are people w alot less credentials that have gotten oppos and use that as an example of why he should get a chance when he has no experience as a coach on any level is a bit of stretch.

He deserves this chance because he is a leader and because of his high basketball acumen, which he's shown on the court and as a commentator - only. You're willing to admit this is the case right?

If so, then why r you mad?

p.s. I'm from the school of - this is a forum... we spit our opinions.. people comment.. it's a good thing.. no need to get all hemoroidal over another posters opinion.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
Dear RonFarina,

This...

Lmao. I hope he knows what he's doing. Or he'll be back in commentary in no time.

For all the Knick fans who want him as coach I have no idea why..

Is...

THANK GOD!!!

I'm so glad NY will not be the Guinea pigs for his first ever coaching job.
It won't go well in Golden State over the next few years.

Called...

Finally I don't have to hear his commentary for a while...hopefully.

Hate.

LOL! I totally agree. I've never really cared for his monotone commentary, dude has zero personality. At least JVG makes me laugh every once in a while with the outlandish things he says. Jax is just boring to listen to.

Why?

So glad I'm not the only one that hates his commentary. Guy is captain obvious. He never says anything remotely interesting. Just repeats the same old play by play but with a louder voice.

Warriors are gonna hate him unless they change up their roster. I predict a firing sooner rather than later.

Because it has nothing to do...

Jackson is starting to annoy me with all his 'He needs to proof that he's the baddest man on the court.....I did this I did that' talk.

He was good yeah, but this guy has a JOrdan like ego...my goodness.

Time to show what you can do Marky Mark lol

With coaching.

Get it?

Supposed Knick fans hating when one of their own ascends. For no good reason.

Yet still support Italian league 'Antoni? Word?

Notice how MJ'S commentary seems contrary to 'Antoni's approach?

Get that?

Willing to support an unorthodox schmuck, but unwilling to wait and see before judging?

Sounds fair to you?

Judging coaching ability by using commentary style and ability?

How bout' that?

I'm not angry, and you're not dumb so cut the rhetoric and figure out the obvious.

Thanks Ron.

Love Red
XOXOXOXO