Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 78

Thread: Warriors Hire Mark Jackson

  1. #31
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    F*ck all you Jackson haters. The man is getting a well deserved opportunity and has paid his dues many times over.

    No wonder you support D'antoni. Its obvious you haven't a clue of what you speak. Basing your idiotic opinions on Jacksons entertainment value as a commentator. And you call yourself Knick fans? F*cking pathetic.

    When you analyze his commentary which entails THE TRUTH and listen to hi observations, he conveys more knowledge of the game in one sentence than D'Antoni has shown his entire career, one sentence.

    Added, he has formed a very well received repoire with another staple of Knicks basetball during one of the best era's we've witnessed. Good job Jackson, you deserve it, hope all goes well in your endevours.

    F*cking dumbass haters, don't know your a$$ from your elbows.
    I think you need this.



  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    "Mama there goes that man again!!!" Great post by Red haha!!! Playing the "race card" again but it always amuses me that being white is enough "experience" needed until a black man wants a job then its "you need more experience." Like Lawrence Frank??? Are you freakin kidding me??? I'll take live fire experience over film study any day and Mark Jackson has plenty. And cut it with the Isiah references. Doc Rivers is a much better comparison. Good for Mark Jackson and I hope he does well out there coaching up D. Lee. "Hand down, man down!!!"
    Don't cheapen the "race card." There are enough legit racial issues in sports and life that deserve to be called out. This is not one of them.

    Lawrence Frank didn't jump from film boy to HC. He was an assistant at Marquette, Tennessee, the Grizzlies, and the Nets before being promoted to HC. That's a LOT of experience.

    Name one coach who jumped straight to NBA Head Coach without ANY coaching experience whatsoever.

  3. #33
    Member InGodsHands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Name one coach who jumped straight to NBA Head Coach without ANY coaching experience whatsoever.
    Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale...

  4. #34
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    Dude Mark Jackson has no coaching experience at all, he wasn't even an assistant coach. Do you really think he will be a good coach just because he was a good player? Yeah look how Isiah Thomas turned out.
    Did I say I think he would be a good coach because he was a good player? No.

    But when someone uses their opinion of his commentary as some sort of reason for why he won't be a good coach, before he eveb starts, I call them for what they are...

    Haters.

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    Not sure why my comment about not liking his commentary style offends you so much. I never said anything about his basketball acumen or his ability to coach (I don't know what kind of coach he'll make, he could be great or he could suck. Proof is in the putting.) He was a great Knick, always liked him from the day we drafted him, watching him & Ewing play together in their early years was great. I simply don't like his delivery when he provides commentary during a basketball game. Personal preference, is that OK with you?

    By the way, I can't stand Mike D'Antoni. You might want to keep away from the generalizations & assumptions. Take a chill pill.
    How could you offend me or even think that you could.
    Using your logic, how can YOU be offended by being called a hater when the comment had nothing to do with you, unless you are a hater

    Which by your above statement you are. I accpet your opinion, the fact that he is part of the team commentating in the finals says the people that matter feel different.

    And for both of you, IF you are not haters, a simple congrats would do...

    But I guess that's too hard.

  5. #35
    Newbie friedduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    "Mama there goes that man again!!!" Great post by Red haha!!! Playing the "race card" again but it always amuses me that being white is enough "experience" needed until a black man wants a job then its "you need more experience." Like Lawrence Frank??? Are you freakin kidding me??? I'll take live fire experience over film study any day and Mark Jackson has plenty. And cut it with the Isiah references. Doc Rivers is a much better comparison. Good for Mark Jackson and I hope he does well out there coaching up D. Lee. "Hand down, man down!!!"
    You DAMN fool.

    Stop clinging to ur race like a hick with a noose to his bible.

    Clumsy ass race baiter. Yo ass get eaten alive in the hood or the boardroom.

    Same reason ppl dont want Laimbeer...who actually still has more proven know-how n experience than Jax. He doesn't have enough, either. Happy for both if they both get the jobs, but no ty plz for my Knicks.

    Jax got the ****ing job anyways, . Wha? Did be get it bc he black? You fool....

    Evolve n grow some iq points, chief.

  6. #36
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Red,

    Is it this comment that you're soooo inflamed about?

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Good for him. Tired of seeing his disgruntled face on ABC.

    I think he'll be better as a coach than he is as a commentator, which may not be saying much..
    If so, explain to me how I denegrated him and his chances at becoming a good coach. My comments were meant as a commentary on his broadcasting abilities. Never been a fan of his catch phrases and monotone delivery either..

    How does that make me a hater?

    Also refer to the bolded above. As a successful black man, trust me, I have the least amount of hateration for any other black man, or any person for that matter, who gets an opportunity, as long as it's deserved.

    I've actually been wanting him to get this chance for a long time, but I think it's alright for people to wonder if he's really ready. He has never been an assistant on a staff. It's natural that there are questions re: how he'll do. I wish him the best, but there's no way he's going to be as prepared for the position as someone like JVG or even MDA was. He has zero coaching experience in any league.

    That said, I wish him the best and I think his basketball acumen is top notch.

    One thing's for sure.. He's going to learn a heck of a lot.

  7. #37
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Red,

    Is it this comment that you're soooo inflamed about?



    If so, explain to me how I denegrated him and his chances at becoming aPo good coach. My comments were meant as a commentary on his broadcasting abilities. Never been a fan of his catch phrases and monotone delivery either..

    How does that make me a hater?

    Also refer to the bolded above. As a successful black man, trust me, I have the least amount of hateration for any other black man, or any person for that matter, who gets an opportunity, as long as it's deserved.

    I've actually been wanting him to get this chance for a long time, but I think it's alright for people to wonder if he's really ready. He has never been an assistant on a staff. It's natural that there are questions re: how he'll do. I wish him the best, but there's no way he's going to be as prepared for the position as someone like JVG or even MDA was. He has zero coaching experience in any league.

    That said, I wish him the best and I think his basketball acumen is top notch.

    One thing's for sure.. He's going to learn a heck of a lot.
    Like I said a congrats would do. I read through lines, I sense hate (unwarranted based on his commentating) and I said how I felt.

    Not sure where the race thing came from, I think Jim advanced that part, and I didn't even understand that.

    But whatever, I'm from the school of sometimes its better to say nothing if you dont have a good thing to say.

    Also the fact that he was choosen for the finals which is as a team with JVG and Breen (spelling) says the concensus feels different. Don't like his commentating fine, but to base his coaching on that is absurd.

    Not even going to wait and see. Crazy.

    People with a lot less credentials have gotten a chance, he deserves it.

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale...
    Good...of those three, two already had extensive front office experience, and the other was an absolutely awful coach. Hell, even one of the guys with front office experience didn't do well at all.

    Front office experience doesn't quite translate to the HC job as well as assistant coaching, though, so Bird is a solid example of how a player could be a solid coach without experience.

    1 out of 3 sure doesn't seem like great odds, though. It's a crap shoot, and I really don't have enough faith in Mark Jackson to pass over ANY decent coach with experience.

  9. #39
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Like I said a congrats would do. I read through lines, I sense hate (unwarranted based on his commentating) and I said how I felt.

    Not sure where the race thing came from, I think Jim advanced that part, and I didn't even understand that.

    But whatever, I'm from the school of sometimes its better to say nothing if you dont have a good thing to say.

    Also the fact that he was choosen for the finals which is as a team with JVG and Breen (spelling) says the concensus feels different. Don't like his commentating fine, but to base his coaching on that is absurd.

    Not even going to wait and see. Crazy.

    People with a lot less credentials have gotten a chance, he deserves it.

    What people?

    Jackson has zero coaching experience. None. Zilch.

    He played the game at a high level as a floor general that's it.

    That said, I think for much of his career he was like another coach on the floor. He has that kind of headiness for the game of basketball on the court and when you hear his thoughts, but to say there are people w alot less credentials that have gotten oppos and use that as an example of why he should get a chance when he has no experience as a coach on any level is a bit of stretch.

    He deserves this chance because he is a leader and because of his high basketball acumen, which he's shown on the court and as a commentator - only. You're willing to admit this is the case right?

    If so, then why r you mad?

    p.s. I'm from the school of - this is a forum... we spit our opinions.. people comment.. it's a good thing.. no need to get all hemoroidal over another posters opinion.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Jun 08, 2011 at 12:54.

  10. #40
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Thumbs down

    Dear RonFarina,

    This...

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Lmao. I hope he knows what he's doing. Or he'll be back in commentary in no time.

    For all the Knick fans who want him as coach I have no idea why..
    Is...

    Originally Posted by Marek
    THANK GOD!!!

    I'm so glad NY will not be the Guinea pigs for his first ever coaching job.
    It won't go well in Golden State over the next few years.
    Called...

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Finally I don't have to hear his commentary for a while...hopefully.
    Hate.

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    LOL! I totally agree. I've never really cared for his monotone commentary, dude has zero personality. At least JVG makes me laugh every once in a while with the outlandish things he says. Jax is just boring to listen to.
    Why?

    Originally Posted by iJoe
    So glad I'm not the only one that hates his commentary. Guy is captain obvious. He never says anything remotely interesting. Just repeats the same old play by play but with a louder voice.

    Warriors are gonna hate him unless they change up their roster. I predict a firing sooner rather than later.
    Because it has nothing to do...

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Jackson is starting to annoy me with all his 'He needs to proof that he's the baddest man on the court.....I did this I did that' talk.

    He was good yeah, but this guy has a JOrdan like ego...my goodness.

    Time to show what you can do Marky Mark lol
    With coaching.

    Get it?

    Supposed Knick fans hating when one of their own ascends. For no good reason.

    Yet still support Italian league 'Antoni? Word?

    Notice how MJ'S commentary seems contrary to 'Antoni's approach?

    Get that?

    Willing to support an unorthodox schmuck, but unwilling to wait and see before judging?

    Sounds fair to you?

    Judging coaching ability by using commentary style and ability?

    How bout' that?

    I'm not angry, and you're not dumb so cut the rhetoric and figure out the obvious.

    Thanks Ron.

    Love Red
    XOXOXOXO

  11. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Dear RonFarina,

    This...



    Is...



    Called...



    Hate.
    Don't quote me and call it "hate."
    I think it's stupid and irresponsible to hire a coach with zero head coaching OR assistant coaching experience at ANY level. That's why I'm glad he's not our coach and fully expect him to fail in Golden State.

    If I thought he were a good coach, I'd support NY hiring him. But I don't, so I don't.

    "Hate," he says.

    Originally Posted by Red
    Supposed Knick fans hating when one of their own ascends. For no good reason.
    One of our own? His best years were at Indiana playing AGAINST US! He did more for Indy than he ever did for NY.

    As a Knicks fan from childhood, I see no reason to be loyal to Mark Jackson.

  12. #42
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,053
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Marek
    Don't cheapen the "race card." There are enough legit racial issues in sports and life that deserve to be called out. This is not one of them.

    Lawrence Frank didn't jump from film boy to HC. He was an assistant at Marquette, Tennessee, the Grizzlies, and the Nets before being promoted to HC. That's a LOT of experience.

    Name one coach who jumped straight to NBA Head Coach without ANY coaching experience whatsoever.
    So the NFL needed the "Rooney Rule" just to get black coaches interviewed but this isn't an issue that should be discussed???? Surely you jest!!!! My point is that "experience" is a code word for not giving a black man a chance period. How much "experience" do you need than playing 17 years in the NBA as "coach on the floor." Mike D'antoni doesn't have that much "experience" and he makes 6 million a year. But as Chris Rock would say:" Its right because its ALL WHITE..."

  13. #43
    Newbie friedduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    So the NFL needed the "Rooney Rule" just to get black coaches interviewed but this isn't an issue that should be discussed???? Surely you jest!!!! My point is that "experience" is a code word for not giving a black man a chance period. How much "experience" do you need than playing 17 years in the NBA as "coach on the floor." Mike D'antoni doesn't have that much "experience" and he makes 6 million a year. But as Chris Rock would say:" Its right because its ALL WHITE..."


    Someone buy dis wigget a muzzle.

    Coach D'antoni little experience? Years as pro point guard, euro coaching, NBA coaching, Olympic coaching. Sit down, son, every time you post it sounds like a queef more than coming from some chief.

    How much experience do you need? How bout an OUNCE of NBA coaching bfore u hand dem the keys to new york basketball. Wha? But it's coo cuz he be black? Whachu even saying, why you defending this dude like you want his balls in yo mouth. Oh. Pause.

    DAMN fool like you reason wise n strong black men, like myself, get some stereotyped **** as being weak n clinging to color before all other.

  14. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    So the NFL needed the "Rooney Rule" just to get black coaches interviewed but this isn't an issue that should be discussed???? Surely you jest!!!! My point is that "experience" is a code word for not giving a black man a chance period.
    If you want to talk about the NBA snubbing black coaches in general, you'll have to make a case for that. I'd suggest a whole new thread for a topic of such gravitas.

    But what you did was point to Mark Jackson and say "they don't like him cuz he's black!"
    Surely, you can see how that fails to meet the burden of proof required by your accusation.
    (edit - nice straw man argument, though. I actually agree that the Rooney Rule was a good thing, but we're not talking about that. We're talking about whether we do or don't think Mark Jackson will be a good coach.)


    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    How much "experience" do you need than playing 17 years in the NBA as "coach on the floor."
    *Actual* coaching experience would be nice.
    I don't see why that's so hard to understand.

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Mike D'antoni doesn't have that much "experience" and he makes 6 million a year. But as Chris Rock would say:" Its right because its ALL WHITE..."
    Mike D'Antoni had playing experience, NBA scouting experience, NBA assistant coaching experience, and NBA head coaching experience before he got the job in Phoenix. There, he turned the Suns into perennial contenders.

    Love him or hate him, D'Antoni got his current contract based on merit, not because he's white.

    But, please...feel free to rant on with minimal facts or logic.
    Last edited by Marek; Jun 08, 2011 at 18:27.

  15. #45
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Careful Marek -

    Last time I stated that I prefer hiring coaches with experience, it was construed by SOME people who shall remain nameless as supporting a rehiring of Isiah Thomas.

    I know what you are saying, too bad nobody else does.

Similar Threads

  1. Mark Jackson to coach the Knicks
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Feb 20, 2011, 01:02
  2. Is Mark Jackson right for the Knicks?
    By tiger0330 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: May 06, 2008, 12:04
  3. NEW YORKERS WANT MARK JACKSON, kenny smith is lame
    By CoolClyde in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: May 03, 2008, 19:32
  4. Mark Jackson will no longer call Nets Games
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Apr 21, 2008, 09:07
  5. Replies: 76
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2008, 18:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •