Warriors Hire Mark Jackson

Red

TYPE-A
Depends on how you measure success, but I digress..

As usual Red, your missing the point. I never said I didn't think MJ couldn't be successful. Infact, in my gut I feel he will be. The only thing I question is the man's lack of experience, which IMO is ok to take a glance at and discuss. Apparently you agree w this. But your post in that first angry rant didn't convey that. You actually go so far as to use his commentating, and the insights shared therein, as a reason for him to be hired. I believe you made a comparison of MJ to MDA based on MJ's philosophy that he's shared w you on TV. ;-) Which to me is pretty thin. It's not a coaching resume is all i'm saying. I guess that's why my post dissing his style on TV rubbed some Red off ya..

And ofcourse I understand the history of NBA coaches w no experience. There was no need to post a short -list. Billy Cunningham comes to mind as one player who jumped to pro coaching w no experience other than as player. He was a terrific coach and a better example than those above. I've mentioned Bill Russell. There are many others. All I'm saying is that ideally (the key word) you want your coach to have requisite experience.

We are in the "Warriors hire MJ" thread correct?

And that has to do with coaching correct?

Some posters used that opportunity to express their feelings regarding his commentary right?

Well I used that opportunity to call them haters since I felt that had nothing to do with coaching- and quoted them (not you them)

And for the last time...

A congrats (regarding his hiring) or good luck, would do. But some haters couldn't do that nor objectively state their apprehensions based on his lack o experience.

You got yourself involved although nothing was directed to you, then began over emphasizing both our stances. Mine (that some were haters) yours (that you have doubts) I guess because you love me.

My motives were obvious, and I have yet to state how exactly I feel in terms of his future success likelihood, because truth told I'm not a Warrior fan and could care less

But I can just say hope it goes well as a person who doesn't hate.

Really there is nothing more to discuss here, and I'm not into making mountains out of mole hills. I called them haters (f*cking haters) I explained why, you obviously can't comprehend why (or refuse to) and tried the spin doc' technique of exaggeration and misrepresentation because you were the one that got emo

Then put the icing on top by attempting to call me so. Anyone reading this should be able to see that.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
This was your post..

F*ck all you Jackson haters. The man is getting a well deserved opportunity (1) and has paid his dues many times over.

No wonder (2) you support D'antoni. Its obvious you haven't a clue of what you speak. Basing your idiotic opinions on Jacksons entertainment value as a commentator. (3) And you call yourself Knick fans? F*cking pathetic.

(4) When you analyze his commentary which entails THE TRUTH and listen to hi observations, he conveys more knowledge of the game in one sentence than D'Antoni has shown his entire career, one sentence.

Added, he has formed a very well received repoire with another staple of Knicks basetball during one of the best era's we've witnessed. Good job Jackson, you deserve it, hope all goes well in your endevours.

F*cking dumbass haters, don't know your a$$ from your elbows.

(1) Your first fallacy. You have yet to explain this. He simply has not "paid his dues many times over" as you say.

(2) Who is "you"? You were directing this at some particular poster. You say it wasn't me.. Was it Stat 1? Who were you calling out here. Do you even know?

(3) Making observations re: Jackson's commentary has nothing to do with being a good Knick fan. This is another irrational, hormonal comment.

(4) This is you attempting to parlay his basketball knowledge heard in his commentary off as something that will help him to succeed, which is weak dude. It just is. It's not experience. Just because you sound good during a game, doesn't mean you'll have success as a moving part on an NBA franchise. Your clearly fuming at this point in the post and making no sense. Steve Kerr was regarded as displaying great b-ball acumen in his commentating before he got the GM job w the Suns.. How'd that turn out? Not saying Jackson will fail, but he's in a similar predicament.

And dude, calling me emo to deflect the obvious (that you sounded like a pregnant woman throughout this whole thread) is not working w anyone.

We all see you..

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
All this aside:

I don't think that Jackson conveys a ton of knowledge in his commentary...for instance when he and the booth talked about the Mavs' zone defense hindering the Heat in the 4th quarter of game 4. The Mavs played zone 2 of 24 possessions in the 4th quarter in game 4.

Red

TYPE-A
This was your post..

(1) Your first fallacy. You have yet to explain this. He simply has not "paid his dues a thousand times over" as you say.

(2) Who is "you". You were directing this at some particular poster. You say it wasn't me.. Was it Stat 1? Who were you calling out here. Do you even know?

(3) Making observations re: Jackson's commentary has nothing to do with being a good Knick fan. This is another irrational, hormonal comment.

(4) This is you attempting to parlay his basketball knowledge heard in his commentary off as something that will help him to succeed, which is weak dude. It just is. It's not experience. Just because you sound good during a game, doesn't mean you'll have success as a moving part on an NBA franchise. Your clearly fuming at this point in the post and making no sense. Steve Kerr was regarded as displaying great b-ball acumen in his commentating before he got the GM job w the Suns.. How'd that turn out? Not saying Jackson will fail, but he's in a similar predicament.

And dude, calling me emo to deflect the obvious (that you sounded like a pregnant woman throughout this whole thread) is not working w anyone.

We all see you..

Wow

Sad, pathetic, ridiculous, etc...

Pick one.

Thanks for reminding me of my self impossed rule:

I can't waste my time addressing casual fans.

Keep it moving, you will be labeled an obsessed stalker. Ask Trill.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Wow

Pick one.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​

=​

Raising of the White Flag​

You won't adress my points..​

You've resorted to labeling me again, this time as a casual fan, which is ridiculous.​

Simply put, you fail sir. :thumbsup:​

friedduck

Rookie
Wow

Pick one.

Pussy. :lol::lol::lol:

Ur post stinks of more filthy fish than an aquarium wit no water.

You weak ass. You French son? That post most obvious surrender monkey response I ever seen. :teeth:

Damn fool. Rono punked you hard. May as well take your feminine ass to prison n get pounded there w/o us having to witness ur gimp surrender monkey posts when u cant ecen MAN up n just apologize for making someone have to corner yo ass in the first place and spell out how incorrect you is.

Keep spinning monkey but you can't escape how bad yo ass just got called out, punked, and shredded by Rono. Only person alive is you who'd disagree! :teeth:

tiger0330

Legend
I see Jax is promising major changes and talking about bringing rings to the Bay area, pretty cocky for a rookie coach that didn't even win a ring as a player. After playing so many years with so many teams, you would think Jax would know how hard it is to win a ring and wouldn't have stuck his foot in his mouth.

The Brooklyn native and former New York Knicks point guard said the Warriors will make the area ?New York City West? in NBA circles, attracting the coveted free agents the franchise has always struggled to sign. He even predicted championship banners would follow.

?When you look at the success of the teams in this area, the A?s have had theirs. The Niners have had theirs. The Giants have had theirs. The Raiders have had theirs. And now we?re looking forward to ours,? Jackson said. ?So, therefore, it?s about time. Sorry it took so long, but now we?re at the party.?

Red

TYPE-A
Pussy. :lol::lol::lol:

Ur post stinks of more filthy fish than an aquarium wit no water.

You weak ass. You French son? That post most obvious surrender monkey response I ever seen. :teeth:

Damn fool. Rono punked you hard. May as well take your feminine ass to prison n get pounded there w/o us having to witness ur gimp surrender monkey posts when u cant ecen MAN up n just apologize for making someone have to corner yo ass in the first place and spell out how incorrect you is.

Keep spinning monkey but you can't escape how bad yo ass just got called out, punked, and shredded by Rono. Only person alive is you who'd disagree! :teeth:

LOL at this shock poster. I'll give you one reply to boost your ego.

Respect is earned young man. This attitude will get you nowhere.

You're welcome, you're all welcome.

Kiyaman

Legend
PG-Mark Jackson leadership skills were dynamic at St. Johns with Chris Mullin,
Mark won the ROY while giving Patrick Ewing his first winning season in the NBA.
Mark Jackson team-leadership also gave Donnie Walsh Indiana Pacers their
first winning season after being an injury lottery-basement team for so long.
:thumbsup:
Some people were just built to be leaders...

KingCharles34

All Star
All this aside:

I don't think that Jackson conveys a ton of knowledge in his commentary...for instance when he and the booth talked about the Mavs' zone defense hindering the Heat in the 4th quarter of game 4. The Mavs played zone 2 of 24 possessions in the 4th quarter in game 4.

Thats basically what i came in here to say and thats only one example, Mark Jackson says some really stupid shit sometimes and Van Gundy for the most part stays sonning him. I wish Mark the best of luck in GS, im a fan of his as a person and as a player but not as a coach. Same goes for Ewing although i might be wrong about him, Im not impressed with the job hes done with D12 but he has played under Pat Riley and been an assistant for both van gundys, more importantly Jeff

CoolClyde

congrax

congrats to Action Jackson. i'm happy for him. I enjoyed his playoffs commentary, and could not help revel in the fact that all 3 commentators: Jax, Jeff VG and MikeBreen, all had the Knicks in common. I recently caught a feature on ESPN, where Jackson and JVG went thru the 8 basketball essentials. it was interesting and fun, as both men have a good sense of humor, and KNOW BASKETBALL. Jackson had coach Lou Carnesseca with St. John's championship team, and Rick Pitino as coach in his first years as a Knick. not bad coaches.
Phil Jackson had the GREAT, DEFENSE-FIRST coach Red Holzman as his coach for championship seasons, yet he didn't start winning as a coach until he had superstars under his wing (MJ/Pippin, Kobe/Shaq, Kobe+ etc).

Is Eric Spoelstra a great coach because he's taken the big 3-led Heat to the Finals in his 3rd year? Is Mike Antoni a great coach because he coached the best players in the world in the olympics, or because he had young A'mare, (great PG) Steve Nash, and the Matrix leading his 60+ wins Suns squad?

It's really who you have on your team, and the style of basketball you play, and where you're coming from, that dictates how one is going to coach.

that's my humble opinion. I think Mark Jackson would have been a better coach for the Knicks than Mike Antoni, only because I loathe the shitstache, and I happen to love Mark Jackson's career path. Hence, best of luck to him, DLEE, Monta and Curry et al. Peace out.

jimkcchief88

All Star
You DAMN fool.

Stop clinging to ur race like a hick with a noose to his bible.

Clumsy ass race baiter. Yo ass get eaten alive in the hood or the boardroom. :boohoo:

Same reason ppl dont want Laimbeer...who actually still has more proven know-how n experience than Jax. He doesn't have enough, either. Happy for both if they both get the jobs, but no ty plz for my Knicks.

Jax got the ****ing job anyways, :teeth:. Wha? Did be get it bc he black? You fool....

Evolve n grow some iq points, chief.

I'll help pick you pick your jaw up off the ground now that Red's done with ya...... NOT !!! ...... Ha ha next time shut-up when grown folks are talking newbie....Welcome to the board....we will tell you when you are allowed to have an opinion

jimkcchief88

All Star
:alert::boohoo::alert:

Someone buy dis wigget a muzzle.

Coach D'antoni little experience? Years as pro point guard, euro coaching, NBA coaching, Olympic coaching. Sit down, son, every time you post it sounds like a queef more than coming from some chief. :lol:

How much experience do you need? How bout an OUNCE of NBA coaching bfore u hand dem the keys to new york basketball. Wha? But it's coo cuz he be black? Whachu even saying, why you defending this dude like you want his balls in yo mouth. Oh. Pause.

DAMN fool like you reason wise n strong black men, like myself, get some stereotyped shit as being weak n clinging to color before all other.

Strong black men like you and "Starbury"??? Does that mean I have to start eating vasaline to be considered a "strong black man"??? lol

jimkcchief88

All Star
I am motherf*cker now take a seat.

Doc Rivers

Larry Bird

Lenny Wilkens

Don Nelson

...all successful coaches without previous "experience".

Scott Skiles

Vinny DelNegro

Dave Cowens

Shall I go on...

West likes him (yeah the NBA logo West), many say he has great attributes, and many posters referred to his commentating (hating)

yet you have doubts based on your uber knowledge.

You're a complete failure, stick to clamoring for CP3. You're like a druggie looking for the next great fix- pun intended.

Living well is the best revenge.- George Herbert​

Thanks for the list Red.... I am here the CHI and forgot all about how the Bulls just gave Vinny the job without a lick of experience. I suppose I forgot because Vinny's tenure here was forgetable.....

I brought race into the equation because it always intrigues me that whenever a person of color gets a high-profile job, his or her credentials and "experience" are brought into question. I don't know how much more "experience" Mark Jackson needs than a productive 17 year NBA career as coach on the floor, but what do I know. My football teams' headcoach(Todd Haley) was a college golfer and never played a down in the NFL. His daddy was a big shot in the Steelers organization....Go figure... This is now a CLASSIC KO.COM thread.

Red

TYPE-A
Thanks for the list Red.... I am here the CHI and forgot all about how the Bulls just gave Vinny the job without a lick of experience. I suppose I forgot because Vinny's tenure here was forgetable.....

I brought race into the equation because it always intrigues me that whenever a person of color gets a high-profile job, his or her credentials and "experience" are brought into question. I don't know how much more "experience" Mark Jackson needs than a productive 17 year NBA career as coach on the floor, but what do I know. My football teams' headcoach(Todd Haley) was a college golfer and never played a down in the NFL. His daddy was a big shot in the Steelers organization....Go figure... This is now a CLASSIC KO.COM thread.
:shrug:

Trust me I get it. Well aware of the hypocrisies we face in life- hence the Rooney rule.