So what's your favorite moments/parts from this past season?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I have no clue why...

But I'm lmao!

I think its your CB hate.

LOL, you don't know why? Maybe because he averages less than 6 APG for his career and his nickname is Mr. Bigshot...

I don't hate CB, I think he is overrated and over paid especially at his age and not the right fit for this team.

Red

TYPE-A
LOL, you don't know why? Maybe because he averages less than 6 APG for his career and his nickname is Mr. Bigshot...

I don't hate CB, I think he is overrated and over paid especially at his age and not the right fit for this team.

Funny... I feel the same way about 'Antoni.

And I think "Bigshot" is referring to hitting shots when they count, as in when a big shot is needed. Plus its a pun on the term "bigshot" like baller.

See how you spun it?

So referring to your past posts...

Who would you like more for our Knicks, Mr. Bigshot or 'Antoni? (And no I'm not saying assume coach has a pass 1st pg or CB has a defensive team around him). Just CB vs MA who lights your fire?

Btw, i'd bet MIA wish they had a Mr. Bigshot.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Funny... I feel the same way about 'Antoni.

And I think "Bigshot" is referring to hitting shots when they count, as in when a big shot is needed. Plus its a pun on the term "bigshot" like baller.

See how you spun it?

So referring to your past posts...

Who would you like more for our Knicks, Mr. Bigshot or 'Antoni? (And no I'm not saying assume coach has a pass 1st pg or CB has a defensive team around him). Just CB vs MA who lights your fire?

Btw, i'd bet MIA wish they had a Mr. Bigshot.

1. Are you really trying to say CB is a pass first PG? (I notice you conveniently didn't address his APG)

2. Your question is absurd and a false choice. Yea, I'm the one spinning...

3. MIA would benefit from CB much more than us since Lebron is the play maker therefore having another 3 point shooter like CB to spread the floor would benefit them especially in the final minutes of a game.

Red

TYPE-A
1. Are you really trying to say CB is a pass first PG? (I notice you conveniently didn't address his APG)

2. Your question is absurd and a false choice. Yea, I'm the one spinning...

3. MIA would benefit from CB much more than us since Lebron is the play maker therefore having another 3 point shooter like CB to spread the floor would benefit them especially in the final minutes of a game.

Yo, why did I write a reply and f*cked up and erased it?

Anyway my response was basically that I don't subscribe to the "pass first pg" label.

PG's to me are floor generals and an extension of the coach.

Apg stats can be a result of many things and primarily takes two to achieve. If a pg was surrounded by knock down shooters his apg should be higher. I think what's more important is how he facilitates on a whole.

I've seen D.Rose be totally passive and I've seen him take over. To me the decision making ability of a pg is a better way to evaluate because his job on offense is to get the easiest shots.

Feeding the hot hand, getting players involved, crisp precise passing whether in traffic or in motion are all things CB has demonstrated even if he isn't the most athletic.

I'd take a great decision maker which to me indicates a by any means necessary type over a pass first passive type guard.

Hasn't CB prooved he can do it all?

And I think the question was legit. Given the current circumstance who would you rather for our Knicks?

CB or MA? (Not cb with a defensive roster or Ma with a pass 1st guard) just their value in terms of impact towards success...

CB or MA?

When it comes to decisions can I argue that CB is better than 95% of pg's- maybe not the fastest or best defender but what to do with the rock...no?

Whether passing or shooting his decisions have led to wins, to me that's what's important. Some pgs are limited by systems or personnel that affects assists. CB has demonstrated the ability to adapt to the situation has he not?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Yo, why did I write a reply and f*cked up and erased it?

Anyway my response was basically that I don't subscribe to the "pass first pg" label.

PG's to me are floor generals and an extension of the coach.

Apg stats can be a result of many things and primarily takes two to achieve. If a pg was surrounded by knock down shooters his apg should be higher. I think what's more important is how he facilitates on a whole.

I've seen D.Rose be totally passive and I've seen him take over. To me the decision making ability of a pg is a better way to evaluate because his job on offense is to get the easiest shots.

Feeding the hot hand, getting players involved, crisp precise passing whether in traffic or in motion are all things CB has demonstrated even if he isn't the most athletic.

I'd take a great decision maker which to me indicates a by any means necessary type over a pass first passive type guard.

Hasn't CB prooved he can do it all?

And I think the question was legit. Given the current circumstance who would you rather for our Knicks?

CB or MA? (Not cb with a defensive roster or Ma with a pass 1st guard) just their value in terms of impact towards success...

CB or MA?

When it comes to decisions can I argue that CB is better than 95% of pg's- maybe not the fastest or best defender but what to do with the rock...no?

Whether passing or shooting his decisions have led to wins, to me that's what's important. Some pgs are limited by systems or personnel that affects assists. CB has demonstrated the ability to adapt to the situation has he not?

Until you recognize that there are pass first PG's, there are score first PG's and there are combo guards your analysis will stay flawed.

Does CB make great decisions when he pulls up for 3 instead of getting our stars the ball? What you don't get is that we have two of the best scorers in the HISTORY of the NBA let alone in the NBA today and have no use for an aging PG who is by your own admission not the fastest or best defender. Add to it that he only averages around 5.5 APG for his career even on Denver the highest scoring team last year and it's clear CB is not the right fit. We need a PG who is going to get our stars the ball, play some defense and sure hit the 3 when open.(not look for it as a 1st option every X amount of plays)

As to your false choice...the fact that your rigid false choice doesn't allow me to keep MDA and replace CB with a PG I would obviously take CB over MDA because a player has much more impact on a team than a coach especially if you can't replace that player. (hence why your question is absurd)

Red

TYPE-A
Until you recognize that there are pass first PG's, there are score first PG's and there are combo guards your analysis will stay flawed.

Does CB make great decisions when he pulls up for 3 instead of getting our stars the ball? What you don't get is that we have two of the best scorers in the HISTORY of the NBA let alone in the NBA today and have no use for an aging PG who is by your own admission not the fastest or best defender. Add to it that he only averages around 5.5 APG for his career even on Denver the highest scoring team last year and it's clear CB is not the right fit. We need a PG who is going to get our stars the ball, play some defense and sure hit the 3 when open.(not look for it as a 1st option every X amount of plays)

As to your false choice...the fact that your rigid false choice doesn't allow me to keep MDA and replace CB with a PG I would obviously take CB over MDA because a player has much more impact on a team than a coach especially if you can't replace that player. (hence why your question is absurd)

But what I'm saying is a Jason Kidd for instance plays with a top scorer right? His game should be what as a result?

A) Pass 1st?
B) Shoot 1st?
C) Pass or shoot depending?

I think the answer is "C" and who they play with shouldn't determine the choice as long as the results are favorable. Your beef seems to be due to unfavorable results not because of the style of play illustrated by apg.

Kidd is slower but can now hit the three. And because he can just like CB, he being the leader makes a choice. The validity of that choice (pass or shoot) can only be determined by the result. If the shot goes in (him or by his team after a pass) it was a good decision. If they miss (him or his team member) the decision is questioned, so the ends justify the means.

We lacked overall team success with all the excuses we argued throughout thus "maybe chauncey was to blame" "his assists were low", made shots equals no complaints.

His age and or apg really is irrelevant. The "w" is.

But really I'm noticing an observation relative to the D'Antoni model from you. I thought we agreed that he wasn't the right fit. So why still single out Cb like he is/was the weak point? Has he not proven his decisions whether akin to "pass 1st" "scoring" "combo" labels have lead teams to success?

Those lables to me should be used for limited players. His best attribute is "passing" (so he shouldn't be shooting as much) or "scoring" (so he should look for his shot more) because he has limits.

Is Chauncey that limited player ala Nate Robinson or one dimensional? No, he has proven to be unlimited offensively giving him or his team options which is better than "he looks to pass first" which to me says limited.

I understand that moniker is based on a players style. That style to me is illustrated by decisions- to pass, to shoot tendencies partly indicated by stats (apg, ppg)

But above a "pass first" pg has to be an "all around player" who can do it all right? His biggest question is the decision to do so and when.

I think you didn't agree with his decisions to shoot based on your reference to pull ups and what you feel about our roster. Even though he did hit "big shots" it wasn't enough for you and so you label him weak for not passing first which many times he did.

He and Kidd make great decisions and of course it doesn't always work out. But where is your excuse for him about being new and understanding the system like others? Seems like you are trying to justify unwarranted bias. That's all.

KingCharles34

All Star
Melo game winner vs the Grizzles

Melo game winning shot then block on Granger

Amare "almost" game winner vs the Celtics

Beating the Heat in Miami a few days after Melo trade

Beating the Heat with our pre Melo trade team
My dikk still tingles when i think about that game (no KY Jelly)

Red

TYPE-A
I forgot to answer.

1. That Felton 3pt game winner (was that against Cha? Please remind me)
Anyway I was watching with my cousin, I had said "watch this" I had a good feeling then...

BAM! HE hit it

1a. Melo's intro & 1st game
"I'm coming home..."
Sent chills down my spine- it was on!

2. Amare's record tying (setting) 30pt game. Priceless
Again with one of my cuz's, I said watch Amare go off...
He did!

3. Melos 42pt game2. Beasting!

I missed the block parties W.Chandler use to host. I also missed the way he threw down vicious dunks on people and jogged away emotionless like it was nothing to him.