Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: So what's your favorite moments/parts from this past season?

  1. #16
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,011
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I forgot about that game in Charlotte. I think that was one of the games I was thinking of when I originally thought of making this thread a while ago. Felton was great, and Amar'e was amazing. He mad an explosive dunk in that game as well. That streak of his was something else.

    People are mentioning Stoudemire's block on LeBron, which is amazing. What is even more amazing is Billups' cold blooded three before it.

  2. #17
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Clearly there are the favourites.

    Wins against the Heat - Melo's first game and buzzer beaters - STAT's block.

    But one game that I really loved, was the victory in Charlotte when Felton returned and shafted them. Both he and Amar'e were amazing that night. That win was all grit, will and defence.

    I even posted it on YouTube I bummed it so hard.



    You see what a pass first PG can do with our offense!

  3. #18
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    ^^^^ Huh?

    A pass first pg?

    Yeah... I see 28th in defense with our pass first in our offense pg. Sad.

  4. #19
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    ^^^^ Huh?

    A pass first pg?

    Yeah... I see 28th in defense with our pass first in our offense pg. Sad.
    Yea because my point about our offense has anything to do with your point...We get it Red.

  5. #20
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Yea because my point about our offense has anything to do with your point...We get it Red.
    Just making sure.

    So is Chaucey Billups a pass first PG IYO?

  6. #21
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Just making sure.

    So is Chaucey Billups a pass first PG IYO?
    No and thats not my opinion, thats fact.

  7. #22
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    No and thats not my opinion, thats fact.
    I have no clue why...

    But I'm lmao!

    I think its your CB hate.

  8. #23
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    I have no clue why...

    But I'm lmao!

    I think its your CB hate.
    LOL, you don't know why? Maybe because he averages less than 6 APG for his career and his nickname is Mr. Bigshot...

    I don't hate CB, I think he is overrated and over paid especially at his age and not the right fit for this team.

  9. #24
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    LOL, you don't know why? Maybe because he averages less than 6 APG for his career and his nickname is Mr. Bigshot...

    I don't hate CB, I think he is overrated and over paid especially at his age and not the right fit for this team.
    Funny... I feel the same way about 'Antoni.

    And I think "Bigshot" is referring to hitting shots when they count, as in when a big shot is needed. Plus its a pun on the term "bigshot" like baller.

    See how you spun it?

    So referring to your past posts...

    Who would you like more for our Knicks, Mr. Bigshot or 'Antoni? (And no I'm not saying assume coach has a pass 1st pg or CB has a defensive team around him). Just CB vs MA who lights your fire?

    Btw, i'd bet MIA wish they had a Mr. Bigshot.

  10. #25
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Funny... I feel the same way about 'Antoni.

    And I think "Bigshot" is referring to hitting shots when they count, as in when a big shot is needed. Plus its a pun on the term "bigshot" like baller.

    See how you spun it?

    So referring to your past posts...

    Who would you like more for our Knicks, Mr. Bigshot or 'Antoni? (And no I'm not saying assume coach has a pass 1st pg or CB has a defensive team around him). Just CB vs MA who lights your fire?

    Btw, i'd bet MIA wish they had a Mr. Bigshot.
    1. Are you really trying to say CB is a pass first PG? (I notice you conveniently didn't address his APG)

    2. Your question is absurd and a false choice. Yea, I'm the one spinning...

    3. MIA would benefit from CB much more than us since Lebron is the play maker therefore having another 3 point shooter like CB to spread the floor would benefit them especially in the final minutes of a game.

  11. #26
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    1. Are you really trying to say CB is a pass first PG? (I notice you conveniently didn't address his APG)

    2. Your question is absurd and a false choice. Yea, I'm the one spinning...

    3. MIA would benefit from CB much more than us since Lebron is the play maker therefore having another 3 point shooter like CB to spread the floor would benefit them especially in the final minutes of a game.
    Yo, why did I write a reply and f*cked up and erased it?

    Anyway my response was basically that I don't subscribe to the "pass first pg" label.

    PG's to me are floor generals and an extension of the coach.

    Apg stats can be a result of many things and primarily takes two to achieve. If a pg was surrounded by knock down shooters his apg should be higher. I think what's more important is how he facilitates on a whole.

    I've seen D.Rose be totally passive and I've seen him take over. To me the decision making ability of a pg is a better way to evaluate because his job on offense is to get the easiest shots.

    Feeding the hot hand, getting players involved, crisp precise passing whether in traffic or in motion are all things CB has demonstrated even if he isn't the most athletic.

    I'd take a great decision maker which to me indicates a by any means necessary type over a pass first passive type guard.

    Hasn't CB prooved he can do it all?

    And I think the question was legit. Given the current circumstance who would you rather for our Knicks?

    CB or MA? (Not cb with a defensive roster or Ma with a pass 1st guard) just their value in terms of impact towards success...

    CB or MA?

    When it comes to decisions can I argue that CB is better than 95% of pg's- maybe not the fastest or best defender but what to do with the rock...no?

    Whether passing or shooting his decisions have led to wins, to me that's what's important. Some pgs are limited by systems or personnel that affects assists. CB has demonstrated the ability to adapt to the situation has he not?

  12. #27
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Yo, why did I write a reply and f*cked up and erased it?

    Anyway my response was basically that I don't subscribe to the "pass first pg" label.

    PG's to me are floor generals and an extension of the coach.

    Apg stats can be a result of many things and primarily takes two to achieve. If a pg was surrounded by knock down shooters his apg should be higher. I think what's more important is how he facilitates on a whole.

    I've seen D.Rose be totally passive and I've seen him take over. To me the decision making ability of a pg is a better way to evaluate because his job on offense is to get the easiest shots.

    Feeding the hot hand, getting players involved, crisp precise passing whether in traffic or in motion are all things CB has demonstrated even if he isn't the most athletic.

    I'd take a great decision maker which to me indicates a by any means necessary type over a pass first passive type guard.

    Hasn't CB prooved he can do it all?

    And I think the question was legit. Given the current circumstance who would you rather for our Knicks?

    CB or MA? (Not cb with a defensive roster or Ma with a pass 1st guard) just their value in terms of impact towards success...

    CB or MA?

    When it comes to decisions can I argue that CB is better than 95% of pg's- maybe not the fastest or best defender but what to do with the rock...no?

    Whether passing or shooting his decisions have led to wins, to me that's what's important. Some pgs are limited by systems or personnel that affects assists. CB has demonstrated the ability to adapt to the situation has he not?
    Until you recognize that there are pass first PG's, there are score first PG's and there are combo guards your analysis will stay flawed.

    Does CB make great decisions when he pulls up for 3 instead of getting our stars the ball? What you don't get is that we have two of the best scorers in the HISTORY of the NBA let alone in the NBA today and have no use for an aging PG who is by your own admission not the fastest or best defender. Add to it that he only averages around 5.5 APG for his career even on Denver the highest scoring team last year and it's clear CB is not the right fit. We need a PG who is going to get our stars the ball, play some defense and sure hit the 3 when open.(not look for it as a 1st option every X amount of plays)

    As to your false choice...the fact that your rigid false choice doesn't allow me to keep MDA and replace CB with a PG I would obviously take CB over MDA because a player has much more impact on a team than a coach especially if you can't replace that player. (hence why your question is absurd)

  13. #28
    Member DieHardPassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i have to also add blake griffin dunking on gallo and mosgoz

  14. #29
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Until you recognize that there are pass first PG's, there are score first PG's and there are combo guards your analysis will stay flawed.

    Does CB make great decisions when he pulls up for 3 instead of getting our stars the ball? What you don't get is that we have two of the best scorers in the HISTORY of the NBA let alone in the NBA today and have no use for an aging PG who is by your own admission not the fastest or best defender. Add to it that he only averages around 5.5 APG for his career even on Denver the highest scoring team last year and it's clear CB is not the right fit. We need a PG who is going to get our stars the ball, play some defense and sure hit the 3 when open.(not look for it as a 1st option every X amount of plays)

    As to your false choice...the fact that your rigid false choice doesn't allow me to keep MDA and replace CB with a PG I would obviously take CB over MDA because a player has much more impact on a team than a coach especially if you can't replace that player. (hence why your question is absurd)
    But what I'm saying is a Jason Kidd for instance plays with a top scorer right? His game should be what as a result?

    A) Pass 1st?
    B) Shoot 1st?
    C) Pass or shoot depending?

    I think the answer is "C" and who they play with shouldn't determine the choice as long as the results are favorable. Your beef seems to be due to unfavorable results not because of the style of play illustrated by apg.

    Kidd is slower but can now hit the three. And because he can just like CB, he being the leader makes a choice. The validity of that choice (pass or shoot) can only be determined by the result. If the shot goes in (him or by his team after a pass) it was a good decision. If they miss (him or his team member) the decision is questioned, so the ends justify the means.

    We lacked overall team success with all the excuses we argued throughout thus "maybe chauncey was to blame" "his assists were low", made shots equals no complaints.

    His age and or apg really is irrelevant. The "w" is.

    But really I'm noticing an observation relative to the D'Antoni model from you. I thought we agreed that he wasn't the right fit. So why still single out Cb like he is/was the weak point? Has he not proven his decisions whether akin to "pass 1st" "scoring" "combo" labels have lead teams to success?

    Those lables to me should be used for limited players. His best attribute is "passing" (so he shouldn't be shooting as much) or "scoring" (so he should look for his shot more) because he has limits.

    Is Chauncey that limited player ala Nate Robinson or one dimensional? No, he has proven to be unlimited offensively giving him or his team options which is better than "he looks to pass first" which to me says limited.

    I understand that moniker is based on a players style. That style to me is illustrated by decisions- to pass, to shoot tendencies partly indicated by stats (apg, ppg)

    But above a "pass first" pg has to be an "all around player" who can do it all right? His biggest question is the decision to do so and when.

    I think you didn't agree with his decisions to shoot based on your reference to pull ups and what you feel about our roster. Even though he did hit "big shots" it wasn't enough for you and so you label him weak for not passing first which many times he did.

    He and Kidd make great decisions and of course it doesn't always work out. But where is your excuse for him about being new and understanding the system like others? Seems like you are trying to justify unwarranted bias. That's all.

  15. #30
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Melo game winner vs the Grizzles

    Melo game winning shot then block on Granger

    Amare "almost" game winner vs the Celtics

    Beating the Heat in Miami a few days after Melo trade

    Beating the Heat with our pre Melo trade team
    My dikk still tingles when i think about that game (no KY Jelly)

Similar Threads

  1. Brand injured again..this time for the season
    By GoKnIcKsDLEE42 in forum NBA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Feb 07, 2009, 15:01
  2. Official Marbury Banned from Knicks Thread
    By knicklover in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: Dec 03, 2008, 04:44
  3. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25
  4. Today In NBA
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NBA
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: Apr 22, 2005, 11:43
  5. Jay Williams
    By Skyhi300 in forum NBA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2005, 13:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •