As N.B.A. Faces Change, Knicks Will Face Limits

friedduck

Rookie
You prepare for the worst, hope for best.

Shit be easy if cap be easy, and/or we can manage to maneuver for CP3. If not, we need to bang lady luck real hard n good to have a shot.

You look to trade STAT for Howard. Million reasons so, also makes draft easier if we end up between a faried or singleton type as best player left.

Realistic...it's about 'MIA'...juggernaut teams...juggernaut FRANCHISES.

Can't afford to be damn **** fools now. One more misstep and our championship window smoked for another half+ decade.

Pause. Idk, cept *every* move must be part of coherency. To be great, ya, to be contender, ya? But real? Is to be able to really be able to beat MIA's of NBA, mainly MIA.

PG's in Paul n others loom to get. Even a Howard, STAT for the big man will heat up as season goes on, trufax that.

I go for impact in draft, 2guard in Brooks or a faried, singleton type big who'd be key piece going forward. Try to do amare for howard. Hope fields deserves 1/2 hype he got from kicks, and make 2 shrewd signings for ml-type deals that give +value at pg and sg.

Then we still hope Melo evolves his d much like bron past few yrs. That d is a choice difference between them; melo is clutch, but that just is. Lebron not so much, maybe, but that's not his choice for real.

Wargames

Starter
I am in agreement with Wargames. Any new CBA is likely to have "adjustments" to avoid penalizing too much teams that have relied on previous soft caps. For example, if the cap is reduced from the current $58.5M to some other number, lets say $50M, any committed current salary could carry the same percentage of the new cap that it carried over the old cap. Thus if player X has a committed salary of $5.85M, i.e., 10% of the old cap, the team would be obligated to pay him the $5.85M, but only $5M, i.e. 10% of the new cap, would count against the new cap. This is only a possible example, all sorts of "adjustments," including those suggested by Wargames, could be implicated.

Oh I agree. I can definitely see a 10% contract replacing the MLE as the amount offered to mid level players.

On another note a thought just occurred to me. With the purchasing of an exclusive D league team, are the knicks going to draft the majority of next years team.

Don't get me wrong I don't think that is there goal but maybe they plan to buy MANY picks in the second round of the draft in case everything else falls through and vet minimum players and the MLE/LLE exception (or an equivalent) are removed in the new CBA.

Then if they can get better players the knicks can move those guys to the D league team. Either way its a smart move......