Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dirk Calls LeBron/Wade "Childish/Ignorant."

Default Dirk Calls LeBron/Wade "Childish/Ignorant."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Big news, people.
    I’m not talking about the potentially impending doom facing the Miami Heat on Sunday, when they could very well lose their fourth game in six tries against the Dallas Mavericks in these Finals, and the NBA title right along with it. No, this is far bigger of a story apparently, considering it’s made headlines now for the third consecutive day.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] appeared to have a little fun at the expense of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] before Thursday’s Game 5, when they [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] mocking the illness Nowitzki played through in Game 4. The pair were holding their shirts over their mouth and coughing, while Wade could be heard saying, “Did you hear me cough? Think I’m sick.”
    Hilarious stuff, right? And obviously, a HUGE deal that Miami’s two superstars would dare to mock the Mavericks’ best player, especially when the two teams are so closely battling for a championship.
    Yes, this storyline is so important to the media covering the Finals — and it’s clearly important to you as well, as the traffic on this story has been ridiculous — that of course, Nowitzki and Wade were asked for reactions at Saturday morning’s shootaround. So, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    “I just thought it was a little childish, a little ignorant,” Nowitzki said. “I’ve been in this league for 13 years. I’ve never faked an injury or an illness before. But it happened. It’s over to me. It’s not going to add anything extra to me. This is the NBA Finals. If you need an extra motivation, you have a problem.”
    Wade [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] by trying to say he was actually coughing, and then claimed that he made a bigger issue out of it as a way to mess with the media.
    “I wasn’t fake coughing,” Wade said. “I actually did cough. And with the cameras being right there, we made a joke out of it because we knew you guys were going to blow it up. You did exactly what we knew.”
    And there you have it.
    In conclusion: No one will believe Wade’s explanation, and Nowitzki, while possibly being slightly annoyed by the whole thing, really couldn’t care less.
    Game 6 is Sunday night. Since it might be the last time we see NBA basketball for quite some time, let’s try to focus, people.

--------
    Dirk is gonna come out angry and fired up tomorrow night. I'm taking the Mavs to finish this IN MIAMI.

the heat are so polarizing, i've never seen two athletes go from being so beloved to being so hated as fast as wade and lebron have. The thing is it's 100% their doing and they continue to do it. They are making Dirk look like a real professional while he torches them. I'm really hoping Dallas pulls this one out. The heat look like a bunch of whiners and don't really deserve any respect.

That is such a stupid response by Wade.

Veteran

I never had a problem with Wade until this season, but geez, he has come off as one of the most patronizing athletes in a long time with the comments he has made this year. Everyone else remember when he defended that World Trade Center/September 11th comment he just threw out there before the season started? His whole attitude seems to be how everyone else 'just doesn't get it' because they're not as smart and clever as him and that's why he comes off as an ass.

Veteran

Also, can Wade make it through a playoff series, all-star game, child's tea party, anything without having to miss time because of some orthopedic concern that ends up being nothing because he's back out there 20 minutes later? Geez.

Originally Posted by htr10
    I never had a problem with Wade until this season, but geez, he has come off as one of the most patronizing athletes in a long time with the comments he has made this year. Everyone else remember when he defended that World Trade Center/September 11th comment he just threw out there before the season started? His whole attitude seems to be how everyone else 'just doesn't get it' because they're not as smart and clever as him and that's why he comes off as an ass.
    Agreed. Out of the 2, I've grown to dislike D Wade more than Lebron. Lebron is ****y as hell & completely full of himself, but at least he doesn't make any excuses for it. Wade just comes off as snide & arrogantly pretentious, always blaming the media for hating on the Miami Heat and playing the victim role. Dude needs to realize there's a reason why people hate those guys, & it has less to do with the fact that Lebron chose Miami & much more to do with the way they've conducted themselves since he announced his Decision, at least that's how it is for me. I'm sure Cleveland fans would probably say Lebron is the main reason.

Add to that fact everytime he bumps into somebody on the court, he acts like he just had his spleen ripped out of his body & has to be carried off the floor on a wheelchair. I really hope the Mavs win this series, to teach these guys a bit of humility & show them they can't be dancing around on stage & celebrating multiple championships before they ever win one.

Originally Posted by STAT1
    Add to that fact everytime he bumps into somebody on the court, he acts like he just had his spleen ripped out of his body & has to be carried off the floor on a wheelchair
    This made me LOL, so true.

Agreed. Out of the 2, I've grown to dislike D Wade more than Lebron. Lebron is ****y as hell & completely full of himself, but at least he doesn't make any excuses for it. Wade just comes off as snide & arrogantly pretentious, always blaming the media for hating on the Miami Heat and playing the victim role. Dude needs to realize there's a reason why people hate those guys, & it has less to do with the fact that Lebron chose Miami & much more to do with the way they've conducted themselves since he announced his Decision, at least that's how it is for me. I'm sure Cleveland fans would probably say Lebron is the main reason.

Add to that fact everytime he bumps into somebody on the court, he acts like he just had his spleen ripped out of his body & has to be carried off the floor on a wheelchair. I really hope the Mavs win this series, to teach these guys a bit of humility & show them they can't be dancing around on stage & celebrating multiple championships before they ever win one.
    I dunno. Wade's explanation could be genuine, doesn't stop it being childish that they make jokes like that. I still have respect for Wade because of what he can do as a player. If anyone in the league other than Kobe deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Jordan it is Wade not Lebron. Miami without him would have been totally irrelevent for the last 7 years. Plus he can carry a team in the finals which Lebron clearly can't.

Someone else said it best Wade must be kicking himself that he could have been playing in Chicago right now with D Rose.

Originally Posted by smokes
    I dunno. Wade's explanation could be genuine, doesn't stop it being childish that they make jokes like that. I still have respect for Wade because of what he can do as a player. If anyone in the league other than Kobe deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Jordan it is Wade not Lebron. Miami without him would have been totally irrelevent for the last 7 years. Plus he can carry a team in the finals which Lebron clearly can't.

Someone else said it best Wade must be kicking himself that he could have been playing in Chicago right now with D Rose.
    I don't agree with you about Wade being able to carry a team in the Finals, though I do agree that he's much more clutch than Lebron late in games. IMO Wade is only able to dominate right now because of the fact he has Lebron on the team to keep the other defenders honest. Take Lebron away & there's no way Wade is leading the Heat past the Celtics, Bosh or no Bosh. Wade won his only championship when he had the most dominant C in the NBA playing at his side. He doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as MJ in my eyes. Not in the same sentence as Kobe either, at least not until he's able to win a championship without Shaq or Lebron.

End this **** Dirk.

I grew tired of Miami back in December.
    Last edited by MSGhobo247; Jun 12, 2011 at 00:25.

I don't agree with you about Wade being able to carry a team in the Finals, though I do agree that he's much more clutch than Lebron late in games. IMO Wade is only able to dominate right now because of the fact he has Lebron on the team to keep the other defenders honest. Take Lebron away & there's no way Wade is leading the Heat past the Celtics, Bosh or no Bosh. Wade won his only championship when he had the most dominant C in the NBA playing at his side. He doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as MJ in my eyes. Not in the same sentence as Kobe either, at least not until he's able to win a championship without Shaq or Lebron.
    lol...Wade is already better than Kobe because he won a championship by himself (shaq averaged 10 pts in finals that's how "dominant" he was). And don't even start with Kobe winning without Shaq because he had Gasol (best PF in the league), Odom (most versatile PF in the league) and young Bynum who has his flaws but is unstoppabble in the paint when someone passes him the ball as Mavs/Lakers series showed. He had the best help he could ever get so his below 40% shooting in both 09 and 10 series didn't matter.

“I wasn’t fake coughing,” Wade said. “I actually did cough. And with the cameras being right there, we made a joke out of it because we knew you guys were going to blow it up. You did exactly what we knew.”

Yeah, because he used telepathy to tell LeBron right on the spot to mess with the media.

Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    lol...Wade is already better than Kobe because he won a championship by himself (shaq averaged 10 pts in finals that's how "dominant" he was). And don't even start with Kobe winning without Shaq because he had Gasol (best PF in the league), Odom (most versatile PF in the league) and young Bynum who has his flaws but is unstoppabble in the paint when someone passes him the ball as Mavs/Lakers series showed. He had the best help he could ever get so his below 40% shooting in both 09 and 10 series didn't matter.
    Yep Wade carried that team no doubt Shaq made a little difference can't be ignored but he was nothing compared to Wade. Wade should be mentioned as a truly great player just like Dirk will be if he carries Dallas to this years championship.

Wade is basically carrying Lebron AND Bosh in the finals Bosh had 1 "good" game and Lebron had 2 complete meltdowns. Wade has been solid every game and if the Heat win the series he will be finals MVP. But the Mavs are gonna win it tomorrow I'm pretty sure of it, can't wait to see the Heat fans crying a river on their home court

Veteran

Miami Heat in 7

They're both ****s of the highest order.

Kobe was a saint compared to those two.

At least he won the rings to back it up, without gathering 3/5 of the Eastern Cnnference staring 5 at the ASG.

I really hate Wade and Lebron.