Dirk Calls LeBron/Wade "Childish/Ignorant."

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
Dirk Nowitzki says LeBron and Wade were “childish, ignorant” when mocking his illness

Dirk-Nowitzki.jpg

Big news, people.
I’m not talking about the potentially impending doom facing the Miami Heat on Sunday, when they could very well lose their fourth game in six tries against the Dallas Mavericks in these Finals, and the NBA title right along with it. No, this is far bigger of a story apparently, considering it’s made headlines now for the third consecutive day.
Dwyane Wade and LeBron James appeared to have a little fun at the expense of Dirk Nowitzki before Thursday’s Game 5, when they were seen on video mocking the illness Nowitzki played through in Game 4. The pair were holding their shirts over their mouth and coughing, while Wade could be heard saying, “Did you hear me cough? Think I’m sick.”
Hilarious stuff, right? And obviously, a HUGE deal that Miami’s two superstars would dare to mock the Mavericks’ best player, especially when the two teams are so closely battling for a championship.
Yes, this storyline is so important to the media covering the Finals — and it’s clearly important to you as well, as the traffic on this story has been ridiculous — that of course, Nowitzki and Wade were asked for reactions at Saturday morning’s shootaround. So, here you go.
“I just thought it was a little childish, a little ignorant,” Nowitzki said. “I’ve been in this league for 13 years. I’ve never faked an injury or an illness before. But it happened. It’s over to me. It’s not going to add anything extra to me. This is the NBA Finals. If you need an extra motivation, you have a problem.”
Wade responded by trying to say he was actually coughing, and then claimed that he made a bigger issue out of it as a way to mess with the media.
“I wasn’t fake coughing,” Wade said. “I actually did cough. And with the cameras being right there, we made a joke out of it because we knew you guys were going to blow it up. You did exactly what we knew.”
And there you have it.
In conclusion: No one will believe Wade’s explanation, and Nowitzki, while possibly being slightly annoyed by the whole thing, really couldn’t care less.
Game 6 is Sunday night. Since it might be the last time we see NBA basketball for quite some time, let’s try to focus, people.

--------
Dirk is gonna come out angry and fired up tomorrow night. I'm taking the Mavs to finish this IN MIAMI.

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
the heat are so polarizing, i've never seen two athletes go from being so beloved to being so hated as fast as wade and lebron have. The thing is it's 100% their doing and they continue to do it. They are making Dirk look like a real professional while he torches them. I'm really hoping Dallas pulls this one out. The heat look like a bunch of whiners and don't really deserve any respect.

I never had a problem with Wade until this season, but geez, he has come off as one of the most patronizing athletes in a long time with the comments he has made this year. Everyone else remember when he defended that World Trade Center/September 11th comment he just threw out there before the season started? His whole attitude seems to be how everyone else 'just doesn't get it' because they're not as smart and clever as him and that's why he comes off as an ass.

Also, can Wade make it through a playoff series, all-star game, child's tea party, anything without having to miss time because of some orthopedic concern that ends up being nothing because he's back out there 20 minutes later? Geez.

STAT1

Starter
I never had a problem with Wade until this season, but geez, he has come off as one of the most patronizing athletes in a long time with the comments he has made this year. Everyone else remember when he defended that World Trade Center/September 11th comment he just threw out there before the season started? His whole attitude seems to be how everyone else 'just doesn't get it' because they're not as smart and clever as him and that's why he comes off as an ass.

Agreed. Out of the 2, I've grown to dislike D Wade more than Lebron. Lebron is cocky as hell & completely full of himself, but at least he doesn't make any excuses for it. Wade just comes off as snide & arrogantly pretentious, always blaming the media for hating on the Miami Heat and playing the victim role. Dude needs to realize there's a reason why people hate those guys, & it has less to do with the fact that Lebron chose Miami & much more to do with the way they've conducted themselves since he announced his Decision, at least that's how it is for me. I'm sure Cleveland fans would probably say Lebron is the main reason.

Add to that fact everytime he bumps into somebody on the court, he acts like he just had his spleen ripped out of his body & has to be carried off the floor on a wheelchair. I really hope the Mavs win this series, to teach these guys a bit of humility & show them they can't be dancing around on stage & celebrating multiple championships before they ever win one.

smokes

Huge Member
Agreed. Out of the 2, I've grown to dislike D Wade more than Lebron. Lebron is cocky as hell & completely full of himself, but at least he doesn't make any excuses for it. Wade just comes off as snide & arrogantly pretentious, always blaming the media for hating on the Miami Heat and playing the victim role. Dude needs to realize there's a reason why people hate those guys, & it has less to do with the fact that Lebron chose Miami & much more to do with the way they've conducted themselves since he announced his Decision, at least that's how it is for me. I'm sure Cleveland fans would probably say Lebron is the main reason.

Add to that fact everytime he bumps into somebody on the court, he acts like he just had his spleen ripped out of his body & has to be carried off the floor on a wheelchair. I really hope the Mavs win this series, to teach these guys a bit of humility & show them they can't be dancing around on stage & celebrating multiple championships before they ever win one.

I dunno. Wade's explanation could be genuine, doesn't stop it being childish that they make jokes like that. I still have respect for Wade because of what he can do as a player. If anyone in the league other than Kobe deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Jordan it is Wade not Lebron. Miami without him would have been totally irrelevent for the last 7 years. Plus he can carry a team in the finals which Lebron clearly can't.

Someone else said it best Wade must be kicking himself that he could have been playing in Chicago right now with D Rose.

STAT1

Starter
I dunno. Wade's explanation could be genuine, doesn't stop it being childish that they make jokes like that. I still have respect for Wade because of what he can do as a player. If anyone in the league other than Kobe deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Jordan it is Wade not Lebron. Miami without him would have been totally irrelevent for the last 7 years. Plus he can carry a team in the finals which Lebron clearly can't.

Someone else said it best Wade must be kicking himself that he could have been playing in Chicago right now with D Rose.

I don't agree with you about Wade being able to carry a team in the Finals, though I do agree that he's much more clutch than Lebron late in games. IMO Wade is only able to dominate right now because of the fact he has Lebron on the team to keep the other defenders honest. Take Lebron away & there's no way Wade is leading the Heat past the Celtics, Bosh or no Bosh. Wade won his only championship when he had the most dominant C in the NBA playing at his side. He doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as MJ in my eyes. Not in the same sentence as Kobe either, at least not until he's able to win a championship without Shaq or Lebron.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
I don't agree with you about Wade being able to carry a team in the Finals, though I do agree that he's much more clutch than Lebron late in games. IMO Wade is only able to dominate right now because of the fact he has Lebron on the team to keep the other defenders honest. Take Lebron away & there's no way Wade is leading the Heat past the Celtics, Bosh or no Bosh. Wade won his only championship when he had the most dominant C in the NBA playing at his side. He doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as MJ in my eyes. Not in the same sentence as Kobe either, at least not until he's able to win a championship without Shaq or Lebron.

lol...Wade is already better than Kobe because he won a championship by himself (shaq averaged 10 pts in finals that's how "dominant" he was). And don't even start with Kobe winning without Shaq because he had Gasol (best PF in the league), Odom (most versatile PF in the league) and young Bynum who has his flaws but is unstoppabble in the paint when someone passes him the ball as Mavs/Lakers series showed. He had the best help he could ever get so his below 40% shooting in both 09 and 10 series didn't matter.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
“I wasn’t fake coughing,” Wade said. “I actually did cough. And with the cameras being right there, we made a joke out of it because we knew you guys were going to blow it up. You did exactly what we knew.”

Yeah, because he used telepathy to tell LeBron right on the spot to mess with the media.

smokes

Huge Member
lol...Wade is already better than Kobe because he won a championship by himself (shaq averaged 10 pts in finals that's how "dominant" he was). And don't even start with Kobe winning without Shaq because he had Gasol (best PF in the league), Odom (most versatile PF in the league) and young Bynum who has his flaws but is unstoppabble in the paint when someone passes him the ball as Mavs/Lakers series showed. He had the best help he could ever get so his below 40% shooting in both 09 and 10 series didn't matter.

Yep Wade carried that team no doubt Shaq made a little difference can't be ignored but he was nothing compared to Wade. Wade should be mentioned as a truly great player just like Dirk will be if he carries Dallas to this years championship.

Wade is basically carrying Lebron AND Bosh in the finals Bosh had 1 "good" game and Lebron had 2 complete meltdowns. Wade has been solid every game and if the Heat win the series he will be finals MVP. But the Mavs are gonna win it tomorrow I'm pretty sure of it, can't wait to see the Heat fans crying a river on their home court :lol:

They're both cunts of the highest order.

Kobe was a saint compared to those two.

At least he won the rings to back it up, without gathering 3/5 of the Eastern Cnnference staring 5 at the ASG.

I really hate Wade and Lebron.

ChrisN7

Benchwarmer
I'm so glad they didn't end up in New York. I'd rather not win it this year than win it like MIami!

I'm the same. At the time in honesty I was a bit gutted we didn't get LeBron but in hindsight I much prefer the hand we were dealt with Amer'e and Melo. 100 times out of 100 I'd rather have them than LeBron and his attitude.

STAT1

Starter

There's no doubt that Wade performed great in the Finals when they won their chip, but Wade doesn't dominate without Shaq on the floor just like he doesn't without Lebron on the floor, he can't carry a team by himself. How did the Heat fare when Shaq was gone, oh yeah they were a lottery team 1 year & the other 2 couldn't get past the 1st round.

Let's compare their resumes for a second:

WadeKobeWade's got a ways to go to catch up to Kobe's accomplishments bro. & Yeah I realize he hasn't been in the league as long but let's face it, he's never going to equal Kobe's resume no matter what he does from now til he retires.

Listen I understand no great player can win by himself but to say that Wade is already better than Kobe is ridiculous in my view. Let's see D Wade win some more MVP awards, more scoring titles & more championships before we pronounce him better than Kobe Bryant. Btw, sounds like you're building up Gasol, Odom & Bynum a little too much there in my eyes. IMO Amar'e & Dirk are both better than Gasol as a PF. I would compare Gasol to Chris Bosh or Zach Randolph personally. & Odom is versatile no doubt but not even in the same universe as versatile as Lebron James. As for Bynum, he's good when he's healthy & his head is into the game. You're kidding yourself if you think his head was into the games in this year's series vs. the Mavs. None of the Lakers were. There was clearly some internal turmoil going on there. The year before when the Lakers won their last championship, Bynum injured himself in the 1st round of the playoffs & was playing at about 50% capacity the rest of the way.

Last edited:

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
There's no doubt that Wade performed great in the Finals when they won their chip, but Wade doesn't dominate without Shaq on the floor just like he doesn't without Lebron on the floor, he can't carry a team by himself. How did the Heat fare when Shaq was gone, oh yeah they were a lottery team 1 year & the other 2 couldn't get past the 1st round.

Let's compare their resumes for a second:

WadeKobeWade's got a ways to go to catch up to Kobe's accomplishments bro. & Yeah I realize he hasn't been in the league as long but let's face it, he's never going to equal Kobe's resume no matter what he does from now til he retires.

Listen I understand no great player can win by himself but to say that Wade is already better than Kobe is ridiculous in my view. Let's see D Wade win some more MVP awards, more scoring titles & more championships before we pronounce him better than Kobe Bryant. Btw, sounds like you're building up Gasol, Odom & Bynum a little too much there in my eyes. IMO Amar'e & Dirk are both better than Gasol as a PF. I would compare Gasol to Chris Bosh or Zach Randolph personally. & Odom is versatile no doubt but not even in the same universe as versatile as Lebron James. As for Bynum, he's good when he's healthy & his head is into the game. You're kidding yourself if you think his head was into the games in this year's series vs. the Mavs. None of the Lakers were. There was clearly some internal turmoil going on there. The year before when the Lakers won their last championship, Bynum injured himself in the 1st round of the playoffs & was playing at about 50% capacity the rest of the way.

I hate when people overhype Kobe so much he is a great player, but they should really appreciate what Lakers management did. They brought Shaq, then Phil Jackson and a bunch of great role players and finally after two mediocre seasons they brought Gasol in his prime. Apart from two seasons Kobe always had good teams wheather as a sidekick or as a "leader". Wade had good teams 3 seasons in his career (2004-2005, 2005-2006 and now) so it's unfair to judg him like you do. Besides he's only what 26 or 27 so he has a lot of time to catch All-NBA Teams and MVP's. If Heat win this series (which is probable) he will have 2 Finals MVP's just like Kobe.

And to say that Amare is better than Gasol come on man Gasol is better rebounder, defender, better passer, he scores less (only because of D'Antoni's fast paced system, when Terry Porter was Suns coach and they played at slower pace he averaged 20 pts - just like Gasol) and is not that flashy and quick, but has better basketball IQ. He had poor series but to blame him only it's ridicolous Kobe played like crap too especially in two games in Dallas. The must have been some sort of locker room problems, I expect some big trades in the off-season.

Last edited:

STAT1

Starter
I hate when people overhype Kobe so much he is a great player, but they should really appreciate what Lakers management did. They brought Shaq, then Phil Jackson and a bunch of great role players and finally after two mediocre seasons they brought Gasol in his prime. Apart from two seasons Kobe always had good teams wheather as a sidekick or as a "leader". Wade had good teams 3 seasons in his career (2004-2005, 2005-2006 and now) so it's unfair to judg him like you do. Besides he's only what 26 or 27 so he has a lot of time to catch All-NBA Teams and MVP's. If Heat win this series (which is probable) he will have 2 Finals MVP's just like Kobe.

And to say that Amare is better than Gasol come on man Gasol is better rebounder, defender, better passer, he scores less (only because of D'Antoni's fast paced system, when Terry Porter was Suns coach and they played at slower pace he averaged 20 pts - just like Gasol) and is not that flashy and quick, but has better basketball IQ. He had poor series but to blame him only it's ridicolous Kobe played like crap too especially in two games in Dallas. The must have been some sort of locker room problems, I expect some big trades in the off-season.

I disagree. I think STAT is easily better than Gasol. Particularly in big games, STAT has proven himself to be the better player, averaging 24 & 9 over his NBA career in the playoffs compared to Gasol's 18 & 10. & I don't think I'm overhyping Kobe nearly as much as you're overhyping D Wade. I'm not sure how I can overhype a guy who's made 9 All NBA 1st team & 9 All NBA Defensive 1st team selections. Throw in an MVP award for good measure. I don't think D Wade's resume looks even half way as impressive. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.