Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dirk Calls LeBron/Wade "Childish/Ignorant."

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Miami Heat in 7
    Even if they win 5 rings in the next 6 years, they're still two pieces of **** and nothing else.

I'm so glad they didn't end up in New York. I'd rather not win it this year than win it like MIami!

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston

I'm so glad they didn't end up in New York. I'd rather not win it this year than win it like MIami!
    I'm the same. At the time in honesty I was a bit gutted we didn't get LeBron but in hindsight I much prefer the hand we were dealt with Amer'e and Melo. 100 times out of 100 I'd rather have them than LeBron and his attitude.

Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    lol...Wade is already better than Kobe because he won a championship by himself (shaq averaged 10 pts in finals that's how "dominant" he was). And don't even start with Kobe winning without Shaq because he had Gasol (best PF in the league), Odom (most versatile PF in the league) and young Bynum who has his flaws but is unstoppabble in the paint when someone passes him the ball as Mavs/Lakers series showed. He had the best help he could ever get so his below 40% shooting in both 09 and 10 series didn't matter.
    There's no doubt that Wade performed great in the Finals when they won their chip, but Wade doesn't dominate without Shaq on the floor just like he doesn't without Lebron on the floor, he can't carry a team by himself. How did the Heat fare when Shaq was gone, oh yeah they were a lottery team 1 year & the other 2 couldn't get past the 1st round.

Let's compare their resumes for a second:

Wade
    • [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • 7 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • 2 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • 3 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • 3 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • 2 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    Kobe
    • 5 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • 13 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • 9 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • 2 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • 9 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • 4 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (1996)
    Wade's got a ways to go to catch up to Kobe's accomplishments bro. & Yeah I realize he hasn't been in the league as long but let's face it, he's never going to equal Kobe's resume no matter what he does from now til he retires.

Listen I understand no great player can win by himself but to say that Wade is already better than Kobe is ridiculous in my view. Let's see D Wade win some more MVP awards, more scoring titles & more championships before we pronounce him better than Kobe Bryant. Btw, sounds like you're building up Gasol, Odom & Bynum a little too much there in my eyes. IMO Amar'e & Dirk are both better than Gasol as a PF. I would compare Gasol to Chris Bosh or Zach Randolph personally. & Odom is versatile no doubt but not even in the same universe as versatile as Lebron James. As for Bynum, he's good when he's healthy & his head is into the game. You're kidding yourself if you think his head was into the games in this year's series vs. the Mavs. None of the Lakers were. There was clearly some internal turmoil going on there. The year before when the Lakers won their last championship, Bynum injured himself in the 1st round of the playoffs & was playing at about 50% capacity the rest of the way.
    Last edited by STAT1; Jun 12, 2011 at 11:12.

Originally Posted by STAT1
    There's no doubt that Wade performed great in the Finals when they won their chip, but Wade doesn't dominate without Shaq on the floor just like he doesn't without Lebron on the floor, he can't carry a team by himself. How did the Heat fare when Shaq was gone, oh yeah they were a lottery team 1 year & the other 2 couldn't get past the 1st round.

Let's compare their resumes for a second:

Wade
    • 7 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • 3 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • 3 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    Kobe
    • 5 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • 13 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • 9 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • 2 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • 9 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • 4 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (1996)
    Wade's got a ways to go to catch up to Kobe's accomplishments bro. & Yeah I realize he hasn't been in the league as long but let's face it, he's never going to equal Kobe's resume no matter what he does from now til he retires.

Listen I understand no great player can win by himself but to say that Wade is already better than Kobe is ridiculous in my view. Let's see D Wade win some more MVP awards, more scoring titles & more championships before we pronounce him better than Kobe Bryant. Btw, sounds like you're building up Gasol, Odom & Bynum a little too much there in my eyes. IMO Amar'e & Dirk are both better than Gasol as a PF. I would compare Gasol to Chris Bosh or Zach Randolph personally. & Odom is versatile no doubt but not even in the same universe as versatile as Lebron James. As for Bynum, he's good when he's healthy & his head is into the game. You're kidding yourself if you think his head was into the games in this year's series vs. the Mavs. None of the Lakers were. There was clearly some internal turmoil going on there. The year before when the Lakers won their last championship, Bynum injured himself in the 1st round of the playoffs & was playing at about 50% capacity the rest of the way.
    I hate when people overhype Kobe so much he is a great player, but they should really appreciate what Lakers management did. They brought Shaq, then Phil Jackson and a bunch of great role players and finally after two mediocre seasons they brought Gasol in his prime. Apart from two seasons Kobe always had good teams wheather as a sidekick or as a "leader". Wade had good teams 3 seasons in his career (2004-2005, 2005-2006 and now) so it's unfair to judg him like you do. Besides he's only what 26 or 27 so he has a lot of time to catch All-NBA Teams and MVP's. If Heat win this series (which is probable) he will have 2 Finals MVP's just like Kobe.

And to say that Amare is better than Gasol come on man Gasol is better rebounder, defender, better passer, he scores less (only because of D'Antoni's fast paced system, when Terry Porter was Suns coach and they played at slower pace he averaged 20 pts - just like Gasol) and is not that flashy and quick, but has better basketball IQ. He had poor series but to blame him only it's ridicolous Kobe played like crap too especially in two games in Dallas. The must have been some sort of locker room problems, I expect some big trades in the off-season.
    Last edited by InGodsHands; Jun 12, 2011 at 14:46.

I hate when people overhype Kobe so much he is a great player, but they should really appreciate what Lakers management did. They brought Shaq, then Phil Jackson and a bunch of great role players and finally after two mediocre seasons they brought Gasol in his prime. Apart from two seasons Kobe always had good teams wheather as a sidekick or as a "leader". Wade had good teams 3 seasons in his career (2004-2005, 2005-2006 and now) so it's unfair to judg him like you do. Besides he's only what 26 or 27 so he has a lot of time to catch All-NBA Teams and MVP's. If Heat win this series (which is probable) he will have 2 Finals MVP's just like Kobe.

And to say that Amare is better than Gasol come on man Gasol is better rebounder, defender, better passer, he scores less (only because of D'Antoni's fast paced system, when Terry Porter was Suns coach and they played at slower pace he averaged 20 pts - just like Gasol) and is not that flashy and quick, but has better basketball IQ. He had poor series but to blame him only it's ridicolous Kobe played like crap too especially in two games in Dallas. The must have been some sort of locker room problems, I expect some big trades in the off-season.
    I disagree. I think STAT is easily better than Gasol. Particularly in big games, STAT has proven himself to be the better player, averaging 24 & 9 over his NBA career in the playoffs compared to Gasol's 18 & 10. & I don't think I'm overhyping Kobe nearly as much as you're overhyping D Wade. I'm not sure how I can overhype a guy who's made 9 All NBA 1st team & 9 All NBA Defensive 1st team selections. Throw in an MVP award for good measure. I don't think D Wade's resume looks even half way as impressive. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

I thought shaq averaged close to 20 and 10 in the 06 finals

*edit*

He averaged 13.7pts and 10.2rbs

@ wade averaging 34.7 points and 7.8 rebounds

Dallas is a better team now and Wade was better then
    Last edited by KingStarbury3; Jun 12, 2011 at 23:45.

Mr. "Better than Kobe" D Wade played like ass tonight down the stretch.

Smh @ those 2

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Even if they win 5 rings in the next 6 years, they're still two pieces of **** and nothing else.

DAMN ****ING STRAIGHT.

Mr. "Better than Kobe" D Wade played like ass tonight down the stretch.
    just like Kobe last year when he was 6-24.

Default Hahahahah

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Miami Heat in 7

Says who ...... Another James wade lover Kiya whats up bro arent you a Knicks fan did you not know that the heat love to lose on their Floor.

Please, this is a tired argument. Last year Kobe's team won a championship. He obviously did something right. & Please don't even tell me that Kobe had a much better team than Wade. Bynum wasn't even healthy last year in the playoffs, contributed a "whopping" 9 & 7 in the playoffs that year, the year before he chipped in with 6 & 4, hardly game changing #'s there. It was basically Kobe, Gasol & Odom doing it all in LA during their 2 championship runs, with Derek Fisher chipping in with some big shots. You telling me a guy that still couldn't win a championship with probably the most talented player in the game in Lebron James on his team along with Bosh, Mike Miller, Chalmers, Haslem & the rest of them is still better than Kobe? Once again, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Let's talk when Wade puts a couple more championship rings on his finger & a few more All NBA 1st team selections.

Please, this is a tired argument. Last year Kobe's team won a championship. He obviously did something right. & Please don't even tell me that Kobe had a much better team than Wade. Bynum wasn't even healthy last year in the playoffs, contributed a "whopping" 9 & 7 in the playoffs that year, the year before he chipped in with 6 & 4, hardly game changing #'s there. It was basically Kobe, Gasol & Odom doing it all in LA during their 2 championship runs, with Derek Fisher chipping in with some big shots. You telling me a guy that still couldn't win a championship with probably the most talented player in the game in Lebron James on his team along with Bosh, Mike Miller, Chalmers, Haslem & the rest of them is still better than Kobe? Once again, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Let's talk when Wade puts a couple more championship rings on his finger & a few more All NBA 1st team selections.
    You know that Wade had serious injury issues those years where the Heat sucked after 2006. Sure Wade doesn't dominate without Shaq but Wade still carried the entire Heat team in those finals. Kobe has not carried the Lakers in all 4 wins in any of their NBA finals if you ask me.

This is really not an arguement about who is better Kobe or Wade, but that Wade deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Kobe more than Lebron does.

Thumbs down

With 18 boards and some great playmaking in the 4th.

Originally Posted by smokes
    You know that Wade had serious injury issues those years where the Heat sucked after 2006. Sure Wade doesn't dominate without Shaq but Wade still carried the entire Heat team in those finals. Kobe has not carried the Lakers in all 4 wins in any of their NBA finals if you ask me.

This is really not an arguement about who is better Kobe or Wade, but that Wade deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Kobe more than Lebron does.
    I think 20 years from now, people will remember Kobe as 1 of the greatest G's to play the game (& I'm not saying this cuz I'm a Kobe fan, but I do have respect for what the guy has been able to accomplish over his NBA career). I think Wade will be remembered as a very good player but not as a legend. Certainly not being mentioned in the same sentence as MJ or Kobe.

As for Lebron, taking all personal dislike for him out of the equation & just basing this judgement on his basketball talent & ability, I think you have to say that he's still clearly the Miami Heat's best player. I mean don't you think it's pretty silly to say that a guy who's averaged 28 / 8 / 7 over his NBA career in the playoffs is somehow below D Wade just because he had that 1 great NBA Finals with Shaq on his team? Obviously this season Lebron struggled mightily in the Finals (& believe me I enjoyed every minute of it), but I've also seen him carry the Cavs pretty much all by himself to the NBA Finals. I don't think Wade could ever do that.