Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 54 of 54

Thread: Dirk Calls LeBron/Wade "Childish/Ignorant."

  1. #46
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Well if its a question of who do you think is better Lebron or Wade I would say Wade every time.

    The main reason being he has that killer instinct, eye of the tiger, whatever you want to call it. To perform his absolute best under the most intense pressure. Lebron doesn't have it.

    Players like Kobe, Wade, MJ, even Melo have this 6th gear where when the chips are down, every spot on the floor is their spot. I remember when we were up 20 in the fourth quarter on Miami in MSG (this was in 2009) and you just saw Wade get that glint in his eye.

    I mean seriously... A 6'8 forward and the most athletic player EVER in the NBA, getting locked down by a 38 year old Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion? Getting schooled by Deshawn Stevenson?!?! Wade > Lebron at this moment.
    I think Lebron locked himself down in this series, it really looked to me like he didn't want to step on Wade's toes. He also felt the pressure bigtime, you could tell he was tight throughout the series w/his J. But I have also seen him step up in big moments & hit big shots for his teams when he was with the Cavs as well. I don't think you just all of a sudden lose the ability to do those things over 1 season & relocation. I think once this guy gets comfortable w/his situation & his leadership role on that team, he'll be going back to being the guy we saw in Cleveland.

    As for D Wade always stepping up when the pressure is on, all I know is he committed about 3 or 4 huge turnovers in the stretch of games 5 & 6 that absolutely killed any chance of the Heat coming back to win those games. I mean these were just inexplicable turnovers too, absolutely no reason for them other than him just choking in a big spot & losing his focus, bouncing the balls off his feet while dribbling or fumbling a pass out of bounds because he wasn't paying attention to actually catching the ball before he tried to make his drive towards the hoop. For a guy who supposedly thrives when the heat is on, he came up very small for them in the stretch moments of the final 2 losses in this series.

  2. #47
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Nah dude, look at the numbers comprehensively. Wade scores a little less but his rebound, assist, steals, blocks are all better for his career. Gervin is definitely in the conversation too though.

    I'm not even gonna touch that T-mac comment.
    Gervin's CAREER averages are 25 / 5 / 3 & he shot over 50%... for his CAREER dude. That's spanning 16 total seasons in the NBA & ABA. The only statline where Wade wins out is in average assists, & that's only calculated over half as many seasons, so the older he gets the worse those #'s will become eventually. Gervin is not only in the conversation, he's ahead of the conversation.

    Not sure why you won't touch the T-Mac comment. I think comparing him to Wade is highly justified. When he was in his prime duke was scary good. For a stretch of about 6 years there he was probably 1 of the top 2 or 3 players in the NBA easily. The numbers he put up during those years are crazy. I think his averages from '00 - 07 were something like 27 / 6 / 6. Those are better #'s than Wade's averaged over his NBA career. & Remember also that T-Mac & Kobe both came straight out of HS as 18 yo kids & never had the benefit of maturing & playing college ball like Wade did at Marquette. For that reason I don't even count the first few years of T-Mac or Kobe's careers when they were just starting to learn the game & growing into their own bodies.

  3. #48
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    I think Lebron locked himself down in this series, it really looked to me like he didn't want to step on Wade's toes. He also felt the pressure bigtime, you could tell he was tight throughout the series w/his J. But I have also seen him step up in big moments & hit big shots for his teams when he was with the Cavs as well. I don't think you just all of a sudden lose the ability to do those things over 1 season & relocation. I think once this guy gets comfortable w/his situation & his leadership role on that team, he'll be going back to being the guy we saw in Cleveland.

    As for D Wade always stepping up when the pressure is on, all I know is he committed about 3 or 4 huge turnovers in the stretch of games 5 & 6 that absolutely killed any chance of the Heat coming back to win those games. I mean these were just inexplicable turnovers too, absolutely no reason for them other than him just choking in a big spot & losing his focus, bouncing the balls off his feet while dribbling or fumbling a pass out of bounds because he wasn't paying attention to actually catching the ball before he tried to make his drive towards the hoop. For a guy who supposedly thrives when the heat is on, he came up very small for them in the stretch moments of the final 2 losses in this series.
    Wade had a few bad plays but at least he tried. He also hit some big shots and in Miami's wins, he was the main reason.

    Lebron looked scared of the ball in every 4th quarter of that series when it was close. Wade was carrying 2 other superstars in some of those games. No wonder he made mistakes like that when the "best player in the NBA" is giving up the ball to Eddie House in crunch time.

  4. #49
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Wade had a few bad plays but at least he tried. He also hit some big shots and in Miami's wins, he was the main reason.

    Lebron looked scared of the ball in every 4th quarter of that series when it was close. Wade was carrying 2 other superstars in some of those games. No wonder he made mistakes like that when the "best player in the NBA" is giving up the ball to Eddie House in crunch time.
    Look I'm not trying to make excuses for Lebron he absolutely came up small in this Finals it's not even a question. All I'm saying is some of you are talking up D Wade like he's an alltime great because of 1 awesome Finals he had in '06. To me he's a very good player HOF calibre no doubt, but not a top 5 alltimer, at least not right now. In a few years with a few more awesome seasons, who knows, maybe my opinion changes. Wade's only played 8 years. He needs to keep up this pace for another 8 before he deserves to be talked about with guys like MJ or Kobe.

  5. #50
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    Look I'm not trying to make excuses for Lebron he absolutely came up small in this Finals it's not even a question. All I'm saying is some of you are talking up D Wade like he's an alltime great because of 1 awesome Finals he had in '06. To me he's a very good player HOF calibre no doubt, but not a top 5 alltimer, at least not right now. In a few years with a few more awesome seasons, who knows, maybe my opinion changes. Wade's only played 8 years. He needs to keep up this pace for another 8 before he deserves to be talked about with guys like MJ or Kobe.
    Personally I never said anything about him being an all time great or a top 5 all time SG.

    The only thing I said is if you're comparing current players to Kobe, Wade tops that list ahead of Lebron.

    Lebron has been talked about with the likes of MJ and Kobe for years now and it's totally unwarranted.

  6. #51
    Superstar th3realicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by kylepicklehead

    Everything is bigger in Texas.

  7. #52
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    Gervin's CAREER averages are 25 / 5 / 3 & he shot over 50%... for his CAREER dude. That's spanning 16 total seasons in the NBA & ABA. The only statline where Wade wins out is in average assists, & that's only calculated over half as many seasons, so the older he gets the worse those #'s will become eventually. Gervin is not only in the conversation, he's ahead of the conversation.

    Not sure why you won't touch the T-Mac comment. I think comparing him to Wade is highly justified. When he was in his prime duke was scary good. For a stretch of about 6 years there he was probably 1 of the top 2 or 3 players in the NBA easily. The numbers he put up during those years are crazy. I think his averages from '00 - 07 were something like 27 / 6 / 6. Those are better #'s than Wade's averaged over his NBA career. & Remember also that T-Mac & Kobe both came straight out of HS as 18 yo kids & never had the benefit of maturing & playing college ball like Wade did at Marquette. For that reason I don't even count the first few years of T-Mac or Kobe's careers when they were just starting to learn the game & growing into their own bodies.
    T-Mac does not deserve to be in the convo w Wade. Wade's been more consistent over a longer period. T'mac's shooting percentage over his career is garbage. His career averages are significantly lower than Wade. T-mac is not like Kobe and Wade. Plus he admitted at one point that he didn't practice hard.. Loser. Stop w T-mac..

  8. #53
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    I think Lebron locked himself down in this series, it really looked to me like he didn't want to step on Wade's toes. He also felt the pressure bigtime, you could tell he was tight throughout the series w/his J. But I have also seen him step up in big moments & hit big shots for his teams when he was with the Cavs as well. I don't think you just all of a sudden lose the ability to do those things over 1 season & relocation. I think once this guy gets comfortable w/his situation & his leadership role on that team, he'll be going back to being the guy we saw in Cleveland.

    As for D Wade always stepping up when the pressure is on, all I know is he committed about 3 or 4 huge turnovers in the stretch of games 5 & 6 that absolutely killed any chance of the Heat coming back to win those games. I mean these were just inexplicable turnovers too, absolutely no reason for them other than him just choking in a big spot & losing his focus, bouncing the balls off his feet while dribbling or fumbling a pass out of bounds because he wasn't paying attention to actually catching the ball before he tried to make his drive towards the hoop. For a guy who supposedly thrives when the heat is on, he came up very small for them in the stretch moments of the final 2 losses in this series.
    Lebron James' heart pumps cool-aid. Wade is a killah...

  9. #54
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Personally I never said anything about him being an all time great or a top 5 all time SG.

    The only thing I said is if you're comparing current players to Kobe, Wade tops that list ahead of Lebron.

    Lebron has been talked about with the likes of MJ and Kobe for years now and it's totally unwarranted.
    That's one thing I've thought about for the longest time. People keep comparing LeBron and MJ...what about KOBE? Has the media suddenly forgotten that Kobe has 5 rings? Or that LeBron has yet to win a title?

    Honestly at this point Wade is a more accomplished player than LeBron is. LeBron has the individual accolades but LeBron has not led his team to victory in the finals yet...until he does...

Similar Threads

  1. Anonymous NBA player blogs about BS ref calls
    By StreetDreams21 in forum NBA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr 08, 2010, 15:57
  2. Dirk is fix knick
    By Dirk in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jan 05, 2009, 09:45
  3. Who is Dirk???
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Oct 26, 2008, 13:43
  4. Replies: 137
    Last Post: Jul 04, 2008, 19:35
  5. Will Dirk play tomorrow?
    By Knicks4Life in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Mar 30, 2007, 10:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •