Fredette Rumours Resurface

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I want to say draft the best player available

but I feel like that is usually left for teams either A ) in full rebuilding mode
or

B)Elite teams with a high draft pick with no needs.

we are how ever

C) out of rebuilding mode, not yet elite, with needs.

We need size, we need a legit SG

and we need back up help

now pending on what moves we can make draft night

best player available for US, may not be best player available in the DRAFT.

thoughts ?

My thought is what is the point to draft a need if the player is not NBA ready or able to contribute?

Wtf is this ****? Fredette is sooooo not worth TD or Fields. Why the **ck would we trade TD or Fields for a player that doesn't play a lick of defense.

My thought is what is the point to draft a need if the player is not NBA ready or able to contribute?

What I am saying is

Playoff teams, dont usually draft for contribution 100 percent of the time.

you dont see the hawks, magic, lakers, bulls, celtics, spurs, drafting guys who want to crack the rotation immediately.

You draft guys who can fill a small role immediately; as in shot blocking, three point shooting, or distributing.. our needs.

We arent going to get some one to start for us and be a game change; those situations happen by luck, not by draft knowledge.

while fridette may be the best player available, is he some one who is going to start over billups, or steal burn from toney douglas, or if we trade away fields and douglas for him, will he give all of the intagibles of them..who knows.

The point i was trying to make is, I would rather make a bold move on draft night, package a few players + that pick for a proven veteran to come in and make their claim quickly, as opposed to trade away proven youth, for un prove youth in an area we dont need.

moneyg

Starter
Yea ok tough guy..no one was talking about the street except you, nimrod. I'm a 240 lb kitten with years of boxing and guarantee this kitten has claws that would tare your little "street" rat ass up.

No disrespect? I made a comment that had nothing to do with MDA and you decided to twist my words and "SMFH" at me. This is after you stay on my dick like a condom in multiple threads. Speak when spoken too DummyG or Ill twist you up and cancel your ass like G Money from New Jack City. :cool:

My basketball IQ is unquestioned by knowledgeable posters and I stay getting love with MVP and Tyson awards on this forum. You're just an attention seeking invisible chump trying hard to crack the rotation. Now stop riding my dick and go ride the bench where you belong.

yeah yeah yeah.. 240 lb kitten... boxing experience means nothing.. normally guys like you would be fetchin the jelly jar for me on the 5am breakfast call.... while i sleep....another big punk... ive spent many a time locked up and seen 240 lb kitten.. crying on the bunk.. beggin for mommy...so size means nada....

dont invite me to your private.. aight.. say whatever else you want.. but that not gonna fly....

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
yeah yeah yeah.. 240 lb kitten... boxing experience means nothing.. normally guys like you would be fetchin the jelly jar for me on the 5am breakfast call.... while i sleep....another big punk... ive spent many a time locked up and seen 240 lb kitten.. crying on the bunk.. beggin for mommy...so size means nada....

dont invite me to your private.. aight.. say whatever else you want.. but that not gonna fly....

Dunno buddy, you seem proud to have served time...SMFH. Sadly you are DummyG and got caught up...loud and proud. I was not dumb enough to get caught when I was knucklehead back in the day. I grew up though and now make real paper so enjoy the jelly you have dudes get and continue tossing salads in prison. "Size means nada" cause you stay using your commissary on KY JELLY. :cool:

You're like underwear...staying on my dick.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Prison swag is hilarious :lol:

images

I must of missed the memo

is this knicks online.com

or wanna be hoodonline.com

settle down and keep to basketball man, both trill and moneyg you are both ill posters on this site, keep the logic up man.

with peace.

tiger0330

Legend
There is a place on any team for guys that can make 19/25 3s just ask the Miami Heat. If the Jimmer falls to 17 and we don't have to give up an asset to get him then you draft him, if you have to trade either Landry or Douglas than you better be sure the Jimmer is an NBA starter.

smokes

Huge Member
Draft the best player available.. Then trade him for a need.

Honestly this draft seems weak. Yes its full of people who will probably be good NBA level role players a few years down the line but we don't need role players in a few years we need them now.

Although I like Derrick Brown, Bill Walker, Shawne Williams etc these guys are not even breaking the rotation on a good teams playoff roster. They were just all we had last season.

Turiaf
Melo
Stat
Billups
TD
Fields

Those six players are the only ones we have who would see minutes on a contending team. Why on earth would we trade one of those players for someone who is totally unproven. I think after Douglas' huge 3 point games and Fields general play up until the all star break they both have good trade value. If we are going to trade them it should only be for a proven NBA level player. And honestly I would not trade Fields for anything but a 1-2 pick (yes he's worth it).

Draft the best player available.. Then trade him for a need.

Honestly this draft seems weak. Yes its full of people who will probably be good NBA level role players a few years down the line but we don't need role players in a few years we need them now.

Although I like Derrick Brown, Bill Walker, Shawne Williams etc these guys are not even breaking the rotation on a good teams playoff roster. They were just all we had last season.

Turiaf
Melo
Stat
Billups
TD
Fields

Those six players are the only ones we have who would see minutes on a contending team. Why on earth would we trade one of those players for someone who is totally unproven. I think after Douglas' huge 3 point games and Fields general play up until the all star break they both have good trade value. If we are going to trade them it should only be for a proven NBA level player. And honestly I would not trade Fields for anything but a 1-2 pick (yes he's worth it).

THIS)))))))))))))))))))

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
...I think Shawne Williams at least deserves a try...he was pretty good for us last year, and I do remember one game where he also played excellent defense against LeBron...

clumsy

Rotation player
Personally i see him being a NBA 6th man at best which we already have plenty of. Love his offensive game, he can even score with unorthodox methods, but probably isn't athletic enough to play defense in the league and isn't tall/long enough to make up for his lack of athleticism. The media did overhype the crap outta this dude tho.

Because of that, If jimmer is available i would draft him only because he was the biggest name in College basketball. A bad team would love to trade for him, to improve sales and help out their marketing.

mafra

Legend
Personally i see him being a NBA 6th man at best which we already have plenty of. Love his offensive game, he can even score with unorthodox methods, but probably isn't athletic enough to play defense in the league and isn't tall/long enough to make up for his lack of athleticism. The media did overhype the crap outta this dude tho.

Because of that, If jimmer is available i would draft him only because he was the biggest name in College basketball. A bad team would love to trade for him, to improve sales and help out their marketing.

Jimmer isn't athletic? Please... He may not be Wall or Rose, but the kid is athletic, strong and NBA ready... to run the pick and roll... create his own shot or set up others.

He won't defend like Rondo, but was Steve Nash really so much a liability?

SOme said the same thing about Curry when he was coming out. Fedrette may not be as good as Curry, but he'll be close to it... he can dribble and has a nasty cross-over... He is quick and crafty, and strong.

Oh, and by the way... he can shoot and has a laser-quick release.

I'm not saying trade up and grab him and all that... But if Jimmer feel in our laps, or cost little to skip up a few spots... COOL. This kid could be Mark Price. Would that be so bad?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I wouldn't have a problem drafting Jimmer if he were available. Giving up Landry Fields or Toney Douglas to get him is an idiotic move, but we'd probably be called morons if we passed on Jimmer and he were on the board.

Then again I called Donnie Walsh a moron for passing on Lance Stephenson and I ate my words like a little bitch, so...

Jimmer is the man, but my only concern is his D-fence. He's the best shooter in the draft, has a nice cross over which seperates him from the defender enough to get that nice shot off.

But we really need a center and a defensive minded player b4 we go for more offence. Now if either jimmer, or klay thompson fall to us and they are the best available players, I'm all for drafting them as long as we sign a center this off season which looks like its either gona be Tyson, Dalembert, or Gasol. But if we dont have a shot at signing one of those 3 we need to draft a big man in either the morris twins, B-smck, or Kenneth Faried. Cuz if we dont have a legit center going into the 2012 season, its gona be difficult to stop dwight howard, and the boozer/noah tandem. When we were playing the magic last year dwight was killing us in side and on the boards, even tho turiaf busted his ass and put up a great effort.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Don't forget that if we end up with Jimmer we could always trade him for another team's first rounder and ask for a second rounder as well...

I mean, if we draft Jimmer in the first round and we trade him for Marshon Brooks and Jeremy Tyler I might be able to live with that.

well all I know is that dolan is giving walsh the OK to spend some $$$$$, I perfer jimmer over brooks just because jimmer's humper is filthy and he arguably the best sharp shooter in the draft with KT. and with that $$$$$ I here they are gona buy a late 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder. But brooks has game no doubt.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
What the hell are you talking about? Donnie Walsh isn't even the Knicks' GM anymore...and yes Jimmer has a great shot but we do need someone who can play DEFENSE