Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 59

Thread: Fredette Rumours Resurface

  1. #16
    Member dassknick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    -Long time viewer, haven't posted in forever-

    I would be absolutely thrilled if the Knicks drafted Jimmer or traded up to draft him.

    I really don't understand the detest for this kid aka this year's most prolific player in college bball. Besides tIf you've followed his youtube segments (youtube.com/followjimmer) its pretty clear to see that he's got everything you look for in an athlete coming to NY. In terms of character, he reminds of Mark Sanchez - humble, polite and understands what it takes to win.

    This fanbase is confusing - you guys talk about defense like its finding a d*mn blood diamond. It's not this elusive pursuit - its about effort and it can be taught. Jimmer isn't a scrub defensively either, he averaged over 1 steal / game last season. For any deficency in his D, I believe that he's going to put in all the extra-hours it takes to be elite. Last night, I was watching the Tom Brady "Year of the Quarterback" and all his father/him kept saying is that all the teams that passed on him throughout those rounds underestimated his heart. His dedication to getting better and perfectly his craft.

    I've watched sports long enough to know that heart/intangibles matter. Dirk, Kidd, Terry vs. Wade, Lebron, Bosh. That is the most recent example of heart over talent. Plus, with Billups coming back from another year - any PG we draft is going to have an outstanding mentor.

  2. #17
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by dassknick
    -Long time viewer, haven't posted in forever-

    I would be absolutely thrilled if the Knicks drafted Jimmer or traded up to draft him.

    I really don't understand the detest for this kid aka this year's most prolific player in college bball. Besides tIf you've followed his youtube segments (youtube.com/followjimmer) its pretty clear to see that he's got everything you look for in an athlete coming to NY. In terms of character, he reminds of Mark Sanchez - humble, polite and understands what it takes to win.

    This fanbase is confusing - you guys talk about defense like its finding a d*mn blood diamond. It's not this elusive pursuit - its about effort and it can be taught. Jimmer isn't a scrub defensively either, he averaged over 1 steal / game last season. For any deficency in his D, I believe that he's going to put in all the extra-hours it takes to be elite. Last night, I was watching the Tom Brady "Year of the Quarterback" and all his father/him kept saying is that all the teams that passed on him throughout those rounds underestimated his heart. His dedication to getting better and perfectly his craft.

    I've watched sports long enough to know that heart/intangibles matter. Dirk, Kidd, Terry vs. Wade, Lebron, Bosh. That is the most recent example of heart over talent. Plus, with Billups coming back from another year - any PG we draft is going to have an outstanding mentor.
    Very well said. I have a gut feeling about Jimmer as well and would love to see the Knicks draft him. It does depend on what we have to give up to trade up though.

  3. #18
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I wouldnt mind Jimmer but I'd prefer the kid Thompson out of Wash. He has genes on his side so I think he'd be able to help the team day 1. He just seem to fit with STAT, Melo and when we get CP3. JMHO...

  4. #19
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    The truth is that this draft is weak for big men especially NBA ready bigs. We need impact players now and not another project that is going to play in Europe for a year+. We are much more likely to find a PG or combo guard that can contribute and add depth from the draft. Our MLE(if there is one) and S&T options mid year are better suited to add a veteran big to sure up our front line.

    Drafting size simply because of need over best player very often get you Thabeet instead of Harden or Steph Curry. It gets you Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. It gets you Oden over Durant. etc. etc.

    I will say it again...draft the best possible player available...period!

  5. #20
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I want to say draft the best player available

    but I feel like that is usually left for teams either A ) in full rebuilding mode
    or

    B)Elite teams with a high draft pick with no needs.

    we are how ever

    C) out of rebuilding mode, not yet elite, with needs.



    We need size, we need a legit SG

    and we need back up help

    now pending on what moves we can make draft night

    best player available for US, may not be best player available in the DRAFT.


    thoughts ?

  6. #21
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    I want to say draft the best player available

    but I feel like that is usually left for teams either A ) in full rebuilding mode
    or

    B)Elite teams with a high draft pick with no needs.

    we are how ever

    C) out of rebuilding mode, not yet elite, with needs.



    We need size, we need a legit SG

    and we need back up help

    now pending on what moves we can make draft night

    best player available for US, may not be best player available in the DRAFT.


    thoughts ?
    My thought is what is the point to draft a need if the player is not NBA ready or able to contribute?

  7. #22
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Wtf is this ****? Fredette is sooooo not worth TD or Fields. Why the **ck would we trade TD or Fields for a player that doesn't play a lick of defense.

  8. #23
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,485
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    Wtf is this ****? Fredette is sooooo not worth TD or Fields. Why the **ck would we trade TD or Fields for a player that doesn't play a lick of defense.
    Now that is a rhetorical post.

  9. #24
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    My thought is what is the point to draft a need if the player is not NBA ready or able to contribute?

    What I am saying is

    Playoff teams, dont usually draft for contribution 100 percent of the time.

    you dont see the hawks, magic, lakers, bulls, celtics, spurs, drafting guys who want to crack the rotation immediately.

    You draft guys who can fill a small role immediately; as in shot blocking, three point shooting, or distributing.. our needs.

    We arent going to get some one to start for us and be a game change; those situations happen by luck, not by draft knowledge.

    while fridette may be the best player available, is he some one who is going to start over billups, or steal burn from toney douglas, or if we trade away fields and douglas for him, will he give all of the intagibles of them..who knows.

    The point i was trying to make is, I would rather make a bold move on draft night, package a few players + that pick for a proven veteran to come in and make their claim quickly, as opposed to trade away proven youth, for un prove youth in an area we dont need.

  10. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Yea ok tough guy..no one was talking about the street except you, nimrod. I'm a 240 lb kitten with years of boxing and guarantee this kitten has claws that would tare your little "street" rat ass up.

    No disrespect? I made a comment that had nothing to do with MDA and you decided to twist my words and "SMFH" at me. This is after you stay on my dick like a condom in multiple threads. Speak when spoken too DummyG or Ill twist you up and cancel your ass like G Money from New Jack City.

    My basketball IQ is unquestioned by knowledgeable posters and I stay getting love with MVP and Tyson awards on this forum. You're just an attention seeking invisible chump trying hard to crack the rotation. Now stop riding my dick and go ride the bench where you belong.

    yeah yeah yeah.. 240 lb kitten... boxing experience means nothing.. normally guys like you would be fetchin the jelly jar for me on the 5am breakfast call.... while i sleep....another big punk... ive spent many a time locked up and seen 240 lb kitten.. crying on the bunk.. beggin for mommy...so size means nada....

    dont invite me to your private.. aight.. say whatever else you want.. but that not gonna fly....

  11. #26
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    yeah yeah yeah.. 240 lb kitten... boxing experience means nothing.. normally guys like you would be fetchin the jelly jar for me on the 5am breakfast call.... while i sleep....another big punk... ive spent many a time locked up and seen 240 lb kitten.. crying on the bunk.. beggin for mommy...so size means nada....

    dont invite me to your private.. aight.. say whatever else you want.. but that not gonna fly....
    Dunno buddy, you seem proud to have served time...SMFH. Sadly you are DummyG and got caught up...loud and proud. I was not dumb enough to get caught when I was knucklehead back in the day. I grew up though and now make real paper so enjoy the jelly you have dudes get and continue tossing salads in prison. "Size means nada" cause you stay using your commissary on KY JELLY.

    You're like underwear...staying on my dick.

  12. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Prison swag is hilarious

  13. #28
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Marek
    Prison swag is hilarious


  14. #29
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I must of missed the memo

    is this knicks online.com

    or wanna be hoodonline.com


    settle down and keep to basketball man, both trill and moneyg you are both ill posters on this site, keep the logic up man.

    with peace.

  15. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    There is a place on any team for guys that can make 19/25 3s just ask the Miami Heat. If the Jimmer falls to 17 and we don't have to give up an asset to get him then you draft him, if you have to trade either Landry or Douglas than you better be sure the Jimmer is an NBA starter.

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks Draft pick options
    By serendipity10 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: Jun 21, 2011, 01:44
  2. Ninja Turtle for Tyrus rumours resurfacing...
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 14, 2010, 11:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •