Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fredette Rumours Resurface

Draft the best player available.. Then trade him for a need.

Honestly this draft seems weak. Yes its full of people who will probably be good NBA level role players a few years down the line but we don't need role players in a few years we need them now.

Although I like Derrick Brown, Bill Walker, Shawne Williams etc these guys are not even breaking the rotation on a good teams playoff roster. They were just all we had last season.

Turiaf
    Melo
    Stat
    Billups
    TD
    Fields

Those six players are the only ones we have who would see minutes on a contending team. Why on earth would we trade one of those players for someone who is totally unproven. I think after Douglas' huge 3 point games and Fields general play up until the all star break they both have good trade value. If we are going to trade them it should only be for a proven NBA level player. And honestly I would not trade Fields for anything but a 1-2 pick (yes he's worth it).

Originally Posted by smokes
    Draft the best player available.. Then trade him for a need.

Honestly this draft seems weak. Yes its full of people who will probably be good NBA level role players a few years down the line but we don't need role players in a few years we need them now.

Although I like Derrick Brown, Bill Walker, Shawne Williams etc these guys are not even breaking the rotation on a good teams playoff roster. They were just all we had last season.

Turiaf
    Melo
    Stat
    Billups
    TD
    Fields

Those six players are the only ones we have who would see minutes on a contending team. Why on earth would we trade one of those players for someone who is totally unproven. I think after Douglas' huge 3 point games and Fields general play up until the all star break they both have good trade value. If we are going to trade them it should only be for a proven NBA level player. And honestly I would not trade Fields for anything but a 1-2 pick (yes he's worth it).
    THIS)))))))))))))))))))

Veteran

...I think Shawne Williams at least deserves a try...he was pretty good for us last year, and I do remember one game where he also played excellent defense against LeBron...

Superstar

Personally i see him being a NBA 6th man at best which we already have plenty of. Love his offensive game, he can even score with unorthodox methods, but probably isn't athletic enough to play defense in the league and isn't tall/long enough to make up for his lack of athleticism. The media did overhype the crap outta this dude tho.

Because of that, If jimmer is available i would draft him only because he was the biggest name in College basketball. A bad team would love to trade for him, to improve sales and help out their marketing.

Originally Posted by clumsy
    Personally i see him being a NBA 6th man at best which we already have plenty of. Love his offensive game, he can even score with unorthodox methods, but probably isn't athletic enough to play defense in the league and isn't tall/long enough to make up for his lack of athleticism. The media did overhype the crap outta this dude tho.

Because of that, If jimmer is available i would draft him only because he was the biggest name in College basketball. A bad team would love to trade for him, to improve sales and help out their marketing.
    Jimmer isn't athletic? Please... He may not be Wall or Rose, but the kid is athletic, strong and NBA ready... to run the pick and roll... create his own shot or set up others.

He won't defend like Rondo, but was Steve Nash really so much a liability?

SOme said the same thing about Curry when he was coming out. Fedrette may not be as good as Curry, but he'll be close to it... he can dribble and has a nasty cross-over... He is quick and crafty, and strong.

Oh, and by the way... he can shoot and has a laser-quick release.

I'm not saying trade up and grab him and all that... But if Jimmer feel in our laps, or cost little to skip up a few spots... COOL. This kid could be Mark Price. Would that be so bad?

Veteran

I wouldn't have a problem drafting Jimmer if he were available. Giving up Landry Fields or Toney Douglas to get him is an idiotic move, but we'd probably be called morons if we passed on Jimmer and he were on the board.

Then again I called Donnie Walsh a moron for passing on Lance Stephenson and I ate my words like a little bitch, so...

Jimmer is the man, but my only concern is his D-fence. He's the best shooter in the draft, has a nice cross over which seperates him from the defender enough to get that nice shot off.

But we really need a center and a defensive minded player b4 we go for more offence. Now if either jimmer, or klay thompson fall to us and they are the best available players, I'm all for drafting them as long as we sign a center this off season which looks like its either gona be Tyson, Dalembert, or Gasol. But if we dont have a shot at signing one of those 3 we need to draft a big man in either the morris twins, B-smck, or Kenneth Faried. Cuz if we dont have a legit center going into the 2012 season, its gona be difficult to stop dwight howard, and the boozer/noah tandem. When we were playing the magic last year dwight was killing us in side and on the boards, even tho turiaf busted his ass and put up a great effort.

Veteran

Don't forget that if we end up with Jimmer we could always trade him for another team's first rounder and ask for a second rounder as well...

I mean, if we draft Jimmer in the first round and we trade him for Marshon Brooks and Jeremy Tyler I might be able to live with that.

well all I know is that dolan is giving walsh the OK to spend some $$$$$, I perfer jimmer over brooks just because jimmer's humper is filthy and he arguably the best sharp shooter in the draft with KT. and with that $$$$$ I here they are gona buy a late 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder. But brooks has game no doubt.

Veteran

What the hell are you talking about? Donnie Walsh isn't even the Knicks' GM anymore...and yes Jimmer has a great shot but we do need someone who can play DEFENSE

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    What the hell are you talking about? Donnie Walsh isn't even the Knicks' GM anymore...and yes Jimmer has a great shot but we do need someone who can play DEFENSE
    ummm hes the one thats making the decisions come draft night lol. and I'll take jimmer over brooks, KT over jimmer. never said he was the GM, just said he got the oK from dolan to spend some $$$ come draft night,

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    Fredette is a D'Antoni system player. A perimeter shooter who does not play defense. If we take Fredette, we are investing in the D'Antoni system. I am not for it. If we are going to move up, I would rather take a chance on Biyombo -- though one analyst observed that he saw him play a one on none game and lost.
    +1 with that, Biyombo is gona be an animal and hes fearless just what we need a tough player who can block shots, and rebound. + hes not bad on the offensive side of the ball. This guy could very well be leading the NBA in blocks in the 2012 season.

Originally Posted by Carmelo Iz Filthy
    +1 with that, Biyombo is gona be an animal and hes fearless just what we need a tough player who can block shots, and rebound. + hes not bad on the offensive side of the ball. This guy could very well be leading the NBA in blocks in the 2012 season.
    I wouldn't be mad. After 2 and a half seasons with Jared Jefferies hopefully MDA has got some patience with having 1 player on the court who can't put the ball in the basket.

If the guy is better at laying it up than Jefferies then we are all good!

Originally Posted by smokes
    I wouldn't be mad. After 2 and a half seasons with Jared Jefferies hopefully MDA has got some patience with having 1 player on the court who can't put the ball in the basket.

If the guy is better at laying it up than Jefferies then we are all good!
    lol yeh jeffries screwed us over in game 2 against boston, but nah this guy will be throwing it down, he has crazy hops.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Carmelo Iz Filthy
    lol yeh jeffries screwed us over in game 2 against boston, but nah this guy will be throwing it down, he has crazy hops.

JJ is a freak of nature but in a bad way, very few 6'10" guys can't throw it down but the Knicks have that one guy in 25 that can't.

You just can't judge this kid, he's too young and raw. He's got hops and wing span but he's not 7 feet and his workouts have been so so. He may fall to the Knicks but I doubt he's anymore ready to contribute than the Gov and is that what the Knicks want to draft a player that may contribute in a couple of years or to take a guy like Thompson or Fredette that may be more NBA ready.