The BIG 4...Free agents that is

With the thought of complimentary position players, with experience and fitting into our needs and wants. I believe these 4 players should of be our big signings this off season.

1 TMAC
2 GHILL
3 JPRyzbilla
4 Singleton in the draft.

PG billups
SG Mcgrady
SF Melo
PF amare
C J pryzbilla
6 Grant hill
7 Turiaf
8 Douglas
9 Singleton
10 Fields

Those ten guys would win it all.

in my honest opinion

and we can afford to field that team.

we have shot blocking and low post presence in pryz and turiaf

youth and athleticism in Singleton, douglas, fields.

Two top 5 scorers in Melo and Amare

a veteran PG who can do all things well in billups

and two veteran swing men who can handle the ball, make plays, play defense and knock down shots in Grant hill and TMAC

and we can afford this team.

its beautiful

dont you think ?

mafra

Legend
I wonder if J-Crawford would return to NY for the vet min or something? Get a chance to play with Amar'e-'Melo? Probably not b/c ATL played well in the post season this year.

What about Shane Battier? Taking a chance on a has-been like M-Redd? Or a never-was like Joe Alexander?

Of course, free agents like Pryzbilla or Dalembert will help. Carl Landry. And possible salary-dumps like Sessions or Kaman, or even a Ridnour would help as well.

What about an unheralded D-League guy like Vernon Goodridge? Josh Powell, Craig Smith? Greg Oden?

What about the draft? Get a shooter to amplify what we do best? Klay Thompson, Marshawn Brooks or Jimmer Fedrette? Grab a gritty-gutty F to defend and rebound (Faried or Singleton)... Grab a potential Jennings-like steal... in a C (Tyler)? Grab another big (kid from USC or some foreign-born player)?

Do we bring Jordan back?

LOTS OF QUESTIONS.

I think we're still going to plan on NEXT year's free agency (Howard, Nash, Deron, Paul)... So I wouldn't expect a big splash. I think we'll take a few gambles... B-Wells, M-Redd, Goodridge, J-Alexander.

I think we attract a vet like Grant Hill or something... to play with our dynamic duo. I bet we even make a trade somehow to bring in an expiring contract (ala what DAL did what T-Chandler).

I think we buy an extra 1st... grab a G and a F. A shooter along with a BIG.

Sessions or Ridnour or Crittendon or Telflair makes sense.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
1 TMAC
2 GHILL
3 JPRyzbilla
All old and/or physically breaking down. I think Shane Battier would be a great addition; not a bank breaker to acquire. Glenn "Baby" Davis would also be a nice player for the Knicks; can play some major minutes and can body up a player. As far as a 5, I think they need to aggressively go after Tyson Chandler! I think he would be the PERFECT complimentary player to STAT.
I know everyone is foaming at the mouth to acquire a star point guard but I believe the Knicks needs firmly stand in landing a BIG and a legit 6th man; plus a 3 point sharp shooter (play about 10 minutes a game) would be nice for the occasional kick out.

skisloper

Starter
I wonder if J-Crawford would return to NY for the vet min or something? Get a chance to play with Amar'e-'Melo? Probably not b/c ATL played well in the post season this year.

What about Shane Battier? Taking a chance on a has-been like M-Redd? Or a never-was like Joe Alexander?

Of course, free agents like Pryzbilla or Dalembert will help. Carl Landry. And possible salary-dumps like Sessions or Kaman, or even a Ridnour would help as well.

What about an unheralded D-League guy like Vernon Goodridge? Josh Powell, Craig Smith? Greg Oden?

What about the draft? Get a shooter to amplify what we do best? Klay Thompson, Marshawn Brooks or Jimmer Fedrette? Grab a gritty-gutty F to defend and rebound (Faried or Singleton)... Grab a potential Jennings-like steal... in a C (Tyler)? Grab another big (kid from USC or some foreign-born player)?

Do we bring Jordan back?

LOTS OF QUESTIONS.

I think we're still going to plan on NEXT year's free agency (Howard, Nash, Deron, Paul)... So I wouldn't expect a big splash. I think we'll take a few gambles... B-Wells, M-Redd, Goodridge, J-Alexander.

I think we attract a vet like Grant Hill or something... to play with our dynamic duo. I bet we even make a trade somehow to bring in an expiring contract (ala what DAL did what T-Chandler).

I think we buy an extra 1st... grab a G and a F. A shooter along with a BIG.

Sessions or Ridnour or Crittendon or Telflair makes sense.

why would Crawford sign for the Vet Minimum ?
He is on a team that went further then the Knicks...
He will get a nice deal and we do NOT want him.
The guy does not play Defense....we need Tough Players...
Look at Cardinal on Dallas even when he came in he played hard....
we need a bruiser...we are too gentle...
Knicks need TOUGHNESS.

I know a dude who lives in the Seattle area (Where Jamal is from) and apparently he knows some ppl within his circle that say that Jamal would like to play for either the Lakers, Bulls or Knicks if he leaves ATL so there is a possibility maybe.

skisloper

Starter
I know a dude who lives in the Seattle area (Where Jamal is from) and apparently he knows some ppl within his circle that say that Jamal would like to play for either the Lakers, Bulls or Knicks if he leaves ATL so there is a possibility maybe.

why again would need a Crawford ?
He will never lockdown a defender...
U cannot win championships without you being able to stop the other team...
Imagine Crawford guarding Wade....

1 TMAC
2 GHILL
3 JPRyzbilla
All old and/or physically breaking down. I think Shane Battier would be a great addition; not a bank breaker to acquire. Glenn "Baby" Davis would also be a nice player for the Knicks; can play some major minutes and can body up a player. As far as a 5, I think they need to aggressively go after Tyson Chandler! I think he would be the PERFECT complimentary player to STAT.
I know everyone is foaming at the mouth to acquire a star point guard but I believe the Knicks needs firmly stand in landing a BIG and a legit 6th man; plus a 3 point sharp shooter (play about 10 minutes a game) would be nice for the occasional kick out.

ummm dude

with the exception of J pryz

Grant hill 82 games 30 + minutes
TMAC 72 games 25 + minutes

on the knicks both will only play

20 + minutes and probably miss only 5-7 games each

how is that old and breaking down

their statistics speak for itself

if the both of those guys played 38 + minutes like most starters

they would average

GHILL -- 15 pph 4 assists 7 rebounds 2 steals

TMAC -- 15 pph 6 assists 6 rebounds 1.5 steals

explain to me why for

lets say 3 million between the two of them

would you not want to sign them ?????

especially when they wont have to produce starters minutes

they will be solid veteran hungry for a title supporters to the likes of MElo and Amare and Billups

Did you not look at the entire squad I proposed for next year

or just the age of the cheap productive players i proposed we add to it.

Read it again and think again broski haha

With the thought of complimentary position players, with experience and fitting into our needs and wants. I believe these 4 players should of be our big signings this off season.

1 TMAC
2 GHILL
3 JPRyzbilla
4 Singleton in the draft.

PG billups
SG Mcgrady
SF Melo
PF amare
C J pryzbilla
6 Grant hill
7 Turiaf
8 Douglas
9 Singleton
10 Fields

Those ten guys would win it all.

in my honest opinion

and we can afford to field that team.

we have shot blocking and low post presence in pryz and turiaf

youth and athleticism in Singleton, douglas, fields.

Two top 5 scorers in Melo and Amare

a veteran PG who can do all things well in billups

and two veteran swing men who can handle the ball, make plays, play defense and knock down shots in Grant hill and TMAC

and we can afford this team.

its beautiful

dont you think ?

I like your squad. I'd make one change though. Draft Thompson out of Wash., and sign Jeff Foster in case of injuries to Pryz and Turiaf. I think Thomspon gives the Knicks exactly what they need in a SG. The 2nd unit would be absolutely sic...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Grant Hill breaking down? Are you kidding? Do you know how many great players he locked down last season? He puts most of his energy in defense. And he's still good offensively.

petescud

Starter
I 'd love to get Hill and TMac if we can...Great players and little $$$....don't think they would get 1.5 mil though...i think you may have to double that

Blumatic

Rotation player
I would love crawford here again. I think he would solve alot of backcourt needs. Lets say we keep Billups and Fields as our starters. Jamal can come off the bench for us. He can run the point and play the two.

He reminds me of Jason Terry. Jamal is more talented but Terry is more polished.

During that horrible era of basketball we had before Walsh, Jamal was the lone bright spot. Talk about clutch. He would shoot out of game but man he could shoot you back in. He got handle, 4pt play guy, can hit an open jumper.

I always thought that him as out "franchise" was never good for us or him. Its just not him.

Dont underestimate the power of a third scorer. Billups can score but during the course of an 82 game season, I dont want him doing too much. Let a guy like Jamal do it for you interms of going to the paint and being agressive.

But he's not coming here. and he is not priority.

But he would be great here.

skisloper

Starter
I would love crawford here again. I think he would solve alot of backcourt needs. Lets say we keep Billups and Fields as our starters. Jamal can come off the bench for us. He can run the point and play the two.

He reminds me of Jason Terry. Jamal is more talented but Terry is more polished.

During that horrible era of basketball we had before Walsh, Jamal was the lone bright spot. Talk about clutch. He would shoot out of game but man he could shoot you back in. He got handle, 4pt play guy, can hit an open jumper.

I always thought that him as out "franchise" was never good for us or him. Its just not him.

Dont underestimate the power of a third scorer. Billups can score but during the course of an 82 game season, I dont want him doing too much. Let a guy like Jamal do it for you interms of going to the paint and being agressive.

But he's not coming here. and he is not priority.

But he would be great here.

He does not play defense....why do you want to make us weaker and not stronger.....
YES he is a great scorer....but a guy that shoots even when he is cold...
Billups
Crawford
melo
stat
Turiaf...

we will get eaten up alive.....

nyk_nyk

All Star
Its unfortunate that all we have to work with is a draft pick or two (possibly bought) and minimum salary players. If the MLE holds up that would be great too.

I'm cool with T-Mac because his is simply a smart basketball player and has the ability to be the primary ball handler at times. His man to man defense is also pretty good (when healthy).

Hill is a given with his veteran savy and overall defensive ability. He's also a very intelligent basketball player and has recently become very durable (so far).

I also wouldn't mind Pryzbilla but I'm worried that we'll have two guys at the 5 that won't be able to give us consistent minutes. We all know Turiaf is out every other game and Pryz isn't the healthiest either.

If we can get a good guard and PF prospect out of the draft and somehow land Dalembert in FA i'd be totally happy with that. The only thing i'd still be worried about is Billups playing too many minutes because TD wouldn't be able to keep us in the game by being a competent PG. I guess this is where T-MAc's value comes into play.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
yea same here....not seeing getting that many solid players for that low a price. 1.5mill per player is probably more like it.

I 'd love to get Hill and TMac if we can...Great players and little $$$....don't think they would get 1.5 mil though...i think you may have to double that

p0nder

Starter
Its unfortunate that all we have to work with is a draft pick or two (possibly bought) and minimum salary players. If the MLE holds up that would be great too.

I'm cool with T-Mac because his is simply a smart basketball player and has the ability to be the primary ball handler at times. His man to man defense is also pretty good (when healthy).

Hill is a given with his veteran savy and overall defensive ability. He's also a very intelligent basketball player and has recently become very durable (so far).

I also wouldn't mind Pryzbilla but I'm worried that we'll have two guys at the 5 that won't be able to give us consistent minutes. We all know Turiaf is out every other game and Pryz isn't the healthiest either.

If we can get a good guard and PF prospect out of the draft and somehow land Dalembert in FA i'd be totally happy with that. The only thing i'd still be worried about is Billups playing too many minutes because TD wouldn't be able to keep us in the game by being a competent PG. I guess this is where T-MAc's value comes into play.

Co-signed! I do not want dalembert, and think the money could be spent better then on him, but outside of that, this is a spot on analysis.

I think we need a good PG out of the draft, if not a PF/C prospect would be welcomed. I think we need someone who can weather starter type minutes at C while allowing turiaf to pick up the slack.

I think Tmac and GHill are both options for us, but i have no faith in the knicks front office to get them (again in t-mac's case).

The point i'm seeing in these offseason discussions is that there are still a lot of options for us to put forth a very solid team next season. Even if the CBA goes to hell and there's hard caps and contract reductions etc. I think with Melo and Amar'e under contract, with billups, fields, turiaf and other coming back, we'll see the playoffs again for sure, and hopefully taste some sweet sweet victory this time.

:gony: