View Poll Results: Can Chauncey get it done for us?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 72.73%
  • No

6 27.27%
  • I don't know, but I still want Ricky Rubio

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can Chauncey Billups Get It Done for Us?

Of course Chauncey can get it done. As long as he stays free of injury (and he is not an injury prone player).

Mike D'antoni needs to make sure he doesn't burn him out. A 34/35 year old player should not be playing more than 30 maybe 32 minutes per game on a regular basis.

We do need complimentary role players to fit around our 3 guys right now. A couple of veteran players with young legs would be nice. And another SG who can spread the floor and make the extra pass.

I really wish the NBA/players would hurry up and sign a new deal, apart from the draft which is not really very interesting this year the NBA basically died this week.

Veteran

Thumbs up Billups MVP Chapionship is the best player on the Knicks

Billups will lead the Knicks to the first step of getting to the ECF by
    getting rid of a NON-Strategic coaching of the Damnphony brothers.

Billups luv defensive-strategy of all facets of the game, plus
    Billups luv to have 2-strong bigmen rebounders in his lineups.
    Which makes Billups philosophy of NBA B.Ball "water" to coach
    Dantoni's SSOL "oil" philosophy.

Veteran

I remember Tommy Dee saying something about how a player confided in him that Chauncey Billups did far more coaching from the bench in the playoffs than Mike D'Antoni did

Superstar

Well I voted yes. It's obvious he isn't getting any younger, however, in the short space he played for the Knicks last season there were many positives that I'm sure will only be enhanced next season.

1: Big shots

Billups and Anthony brought a mid-long range leadership that was missing from the Knicks. They are not afraid to make important shots, and are often rewarded for this confidence. These are the shots that can make or break a team's season/post-season.

2: Experience

The Knicks were lacking this big time prior to the trade. I feel it was Billups' experience that almost won the first game for us in the Playoffs. Had he remained injury free, he would more than compensate for Douglas and Fields choking during the post-season.

3: Mentoring

Since arriving to New York (some will argue before) Billups has taken Toney Douglas under his guidance. If you recall, Douglas appeared to develop more like a combo guard than a shooting guard during Billups' time in New York. We need veterans with championship level experience to demonstrate how it's done to the younger generation.

4: I just like him

I mean......Come on! It's Chauncey Billups.
    Last edited by TakMan; Jun 18, 2011 at 12:20.

Definitely, although this might be his last year where he can help lead a team to the championship. Im hoping hes traded for CP3 in february but if not, it will depend on what the knicks can do at the 2guard and center positions.

Veteran

I think Mr. Big Shot is going to get it done. I just have a feeling that he's THAT guy for us...that guy who will lead us and bring that veteran leadership to mentor our young backcourt players. In particular, I think Toney Douglas should have Billups' number on speed dial.

Billups will be fine. He'll be more comfortable running D'antoni's system, and he should stay relatively healthy. Why not?

Douglas should be fully recovered from his bum shoulder, so that should help keep Billups fresh as well.

We'll see.

Billups next season and either Paul, Deron or Nash after that.

Yes but we want him averaging 28-30 a night therefore need someone to fill in

I love Toney, he gets another chance this season in my books, hes still moldable and plays hard. When hes playin solid he plays like a starter, when not hes hurtin us...

Real issue is injury with Mr. Big Shot.

After following Mr. Big Shot's game from detroit, denver, and now new york, I think CB can lead this team to the ECF next year. Wherever he goes he seems to bring stability to the team. Not to mention his superb bball IQ and defensive mindedness, I don't mind having cp3 or dwill, but CB can still ball with the best of em. This man can get it done for us. PLUS, he's good at flopping/ creating contact. lol

Rumor

Que the rumor mill.

Steve Nash -vs- Chauncey Billups