View Poll Results: Which team wins more chips IN YOUR OPINION...

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team A

10 66.67%
  • Team B

5 33.33%
  • Other: Please submit team

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which team would you prefer

Default Which team would you prefer

It seem like we have a split board on which direction the Knicks should go, if they're able to bring aboard one more superstar. This is all hypothetical, but these questions will (hopefully) have to be answered by next off season.

Team A:

C Howard
    PF STAT
    SF Melo
    SG Thompson or Brooks via draft
    PG Billups and then ????

Team B:

C Hodpodge of Turiaf, JeffFoster, Pryzabilla (sp), Jordan or whoever we can sign.
    PF STAT
    SF Melo
    SG Thompson or Brooks via draft
    PG Chris Paul

No doubt Team A might be the best front court ever assembled. It might rank up there with Bird, McHale & Parrish. BUT, I think having the #1 PF and #1 PG playing with a top three SF gives us much more balance. Paul makes his teammates better players. I gotta go with team (B)...

Team A, and it's honestly not really that close.

yep team A no doubt Howard is a beast defensively just what this team needs.

Team A looks good for this year but long term who's the PG? Billups @ 35-36-37? remember the question is which team brings you the most chips. I say team B...

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Team A looks good for this year but long term who's the PG? Billups @ 35-36-37? remember the question is which team brings you the most chips. I say team B...
    PG is easier to figure out. Getting the most dominant Center and athletic specimen in the game right now is not as easy.

What team in the NBA can guard Howard AND Stoudemire?

Team A is a beast....Howard is our answer to a championship....he would pick up our defense and actually make Melo and Amar'e better defenders....kinda like what Oakley did for Anthony Mason and Starks

On a side note though i think we are dreaming.....will never happen either way

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    PG is easier to figure out. Getting the most dominant Center and athletic specimen in the game right now is not as easy.

What team in the NBA can guard Howard AND Stoudemire?
    I agree, but what PG is going to be able to make all those guys happy? Someone will have to definitely take a back seat similar to what Bosh has done in Miami. I'm not sure either of these three players can handle that.

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    I agree, but what PG is going to be able to make all those guys happy? Someone will have to definitely take a back seat similar to what Bosh has done in Miami. I'm not sure either of these three players can handle that.
    D12 most certainly can. He has an incredibly low usage rate in the fourth quarter...

Team B

Why?

Because Dantoni coaches the Knicks and I dont see that changing

And I think we need a top level point guard for D'antoni's system to be effective. Billups is not a pass first point guard, and while there are some point guards out there that are low to mid budget and real playmakers, theres only one chris paul. At center, all the knicks would need is a perkins type player

D12 most certainly can. He has an incredibly low usage rate in the fourth quarter...
    I dont know Black. Bosh started complaining about the way he's used right after getting eliminated. As long as we win things may be fine with D12. But if we lose it could be detrimental to the team. We'd be much safer with CP3 and just as good. IMHO...

This is pretty close, but gotta go with A.

Dwight is a Force defensively. Getting him is just what the Knicks need.

Veteran

Remember we have nothing to trade for Howard and he will not leave Orlando high and dry after seeing what happenned with Lebron...

If I was Riley I would just trade Lebron for Howard straight up

Well except that Howard already has been vocal complaining about not getting enough of the ball when they were in the Finals and on last years run when they were eliminated by Boston. Perhaps that would be different if he wasn't the #1 player on the team though.

Honestly I'm not really sure about which team is better.

Yes Team A with solid guards would be an amazing team but Melo/Stat/Howard would be a much harder team to assemble and gel together.

Team B however you can have CP3/Melo/Stat and really not care about any other position and the team would still play great. Once you add in some help at C and SG then you are set. However finding that elusive C is going to be difficult.

I wouldn't be sad if we had a 2012 team of:

Nash+Douglas
    ???+Fields
    Melo+Josh Howard
    Stat+Turiaf
    Dalembert/Jordan/Nene+Whoever

I think that team would have a good 2 year window to win it all before we had to replace Nash and re-sign or trade Melo.

Team A.

And those worried about passing, it doesn't matter. Howard would garner so much attention it'd be ridiculous. With Wade, LeBron, and Bosh, teams might be more focused on defense and could be more successful with it, especially if teams play zone on LeBron and he hasn't figured out how to get around it consistently. With Team A, there would be probably be a lot of one of the superstars doing whatever they want on offense because you CAN'T leave Howard close to the basket or you'll be toast.

Also, Melo could make a good/great point forward if he tried to be one consistently. And imagine if T-Mac mentored him in that area on our team!

And if Billups is on our team, then obviously Howard would be coming as a free agent since we couldn't afford that. That would be amazing.

For aesthetic reasons, I wouldn't want three superstars, but damn that front court would be scary, especially with Melo and Billups. We'd be well rounded for sure.

If D'Antoni couldn't coach that team to a title then he should be banned from coaching in grammar schools.
    Last edited by RunningJumper; Jun 18, 2011 at 22:28.

Veteran

Team A.

Let's not forget that Dwight Howard is far and away the best Center in the league and he dominates the paint like no other. With D12 our interior defense is instantly the best in the league, and our frontcourt is instantly the best of all time.

Chris Paul is good but I feel as if the disparity between Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups is nowhere near as big as the disparity between D12 and...any center we could reasonably expect to get