Which team would you prefer

Which team wins more chips IN YOUR OPINION...

• Team A

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Team B

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Other: Please submit team

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It seem like we have a split board on which direction the Knicks should go, if they're able to bring aboard one more superstar. This is all hypothetical, but these questions will (hopefully) have to be answered by next off season.

Team A:

C Howard
PF STAT
SF Melo
SG Thompson or Brooks via draft
PG Billups and then ????

Team B:

C Hodpodge of Turiaf, JeffFoster, Pryzabilla (sp), Jordan or whoever we can sign.
PF STAT
SF Melo
SG Thompson or Brooks via draft
PG Chris Paul

No doubt Team A might be the best front court ever assembled. It might rank up there with Bird, McHale & Parrish. BUT, I think having the #1 PF and #1 PG playing with a top three SF gives us much more balance. Paul makes his teammates better players. I gotta go with team (B)...

Team A looks good for this year but long term who's the PG? Billups @ 35-36-37? remember the question is which team brings you the most chips. I say team B...

KBlack25

Starter
Team A looks good for this year but long term who's the PG? Billups @ 35-36-37? remember the question is which team brings you the most chips. I say team B...

PG is easier to figure out. Getting the most dominant Center and athletic specimen in the game right now is not as easy.

What team in the NBA can guard Howard AND Stoudemire?

petescud

Starter
Team A is a beast....Howard is our answer to a championship....he would pick up our defense and actually make Melo and Amar'e better defenders....kinda like what Oakley did for Anthony Mason and Starks

On a side note though i think we are dreaming.....will never happen either way

PG is easier to figure out. Getting the most dominant Center and athletic specimen in the game right now is not as easy.

What team in the NBA can guard Howard AND Stoudemire?

I agree, but what PG is going to be able to make all those guys happy? Someone will have to definitely take a back seat similar to what Bosh has done in Miami. I'm not sure either of these three players can handle that.

KBlack25

Starter
I agree, but what PG is going to be able to make all those guys happy? Someone will have to definitely take a back seat similar to what Bosh has done in Miami. I'm not sure either of these three players can handle that.

D12 most certainly can. He has an incredibly low usage rate in the fourth quarter...

KingCharles34

All Star
Team B

Why?

Because Dantoni coaches the Knicks and I dont see that changing

And I think we need a top level point guard for D'antoni's system to be effective. Billups is not a pass first point guard, and while there are some point guards out there that are low to mid budget and real playmakers, theres only one chris paul. At center, all the knicks would need is a perkins type player

D12 most certainly can. He has an incredibly low usage rate in the fourth quarter...

I dont know Black. Bosh started complaining about the way he's used right after getting eliminated. As long as we win things may be fine with D12. But if we lose it could be detrimental to the team. We'd be much safer with CP3 and just as good. IMHO...

skisloper

Starter
Remember we have nothing to trade for Howard and he will not leave Orlando high and dry after seeing what happenned with Lebron...

If I was Riley I would just trade Lebron for Howard straight up

smokes

Huge Member

Well except that Howard already has been vocal complaining about not getting enough of the ball when they were in the Finals and on last years run when they were eliminated by Boston. Perhaps that would be different if he wasn't the #1 player on the team though.

Honestly I'm not really sure about which team is better.

Yes Team A with solid guards would be an amazing team but Melo/Stat/Howard would be a much harder team to assemble and gel together.

Team B however you can have CP3/Melo/Stat and really not care about any other position and the team would still play great. Once you add in some help at C and SG then you are set. However finding that elusive C is going to be difficult.

I wouldn't be sad if we had a 2012 team of:

Nash+Douglas
???+Fields
Melo+Josh Howard
Stat+Turiaf
Dalembert/Jordan/Nene+Whoever

I think that team would have a good 2 year window to win it all before we had to replace Nash and re-sign or trade Melo.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Team A.

And those worried about passing, it doesn't matter. Howard would garner so much attention it'd be ridiculous. With Wade, LeBron, and Bosh, teams might be more focused on defense and could be more successful with it, especially if teams play zone on LeBron and he hasn't figured out how to get around it consistently. With Team A, there would be probably be a lot of one of the superstars doing whatever they want on offense because you CAN'T leave Howard close to the basket or you'll be toast.

Also, Melo could make a good/great point forward if he tried to be one consistently. And imagine if T-Mac mentored him in that area on our team!

And if Billups is on our team, then obviously Howard would be coming as a free agent since we couldn't afford that. That would be amazing.

For aesthetic reasons, I wouldn't want three superstars, but damn that front court would be scary, especially with Melo and Billups. We'd be well rounded for sure.

If D'Antoni couldn't coach that team to a title then he should be banned from coaching in grammar schools.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Team A.

Let's not forget that Dwight Howard is far and away the best Center in the league and he dominates the paint like no other. With D12 our interior defense is instantly the best in the league, and our frontcourt is instantly the best of all time.

Chris Paul is good but I feel as if the disparity between Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups is nowhere near as big as the disparity between D12 and...any center we could reasonably expect to get

smokes

Huge Member
I also have to be honest and say there is absolutely no way we get Dwight Howard and keep Melo/Stat.

Orlando know he is outta there in 2012 they won't let him go for peanuts. I'm sure they will get some very nice offers before Feb and we won't be in any position to match those offers.

I know everyone loves D12. So do I. I just cant get this thought out of my head.

Game 7 NBA finals

No time on the clock

D12 at the foul line with two shots

Down a point

Does he win it? Tie it at least? Or are we going home losers? Something to think about...

friedduck

Rookie
I also have to be honest and say there is absolutely no way we get Dwight Howard and keep Melo/Stat.

Orlando know he is outta there in 2012 they won't let him go for peanuts. I'm sure they will get some very nice offers before Feb and we won't be in any position to match those offers.

CP3 given Antoni's best skills and the CP being pitifully underrated for the game changer he is.

Truth. Best bet for us, realistic, in getting CP or D....is flipping Amare for Howard n praying no other gm grows balls and trades a star for him that's better. Ideal, we still got Fields to sweeten the pot too when time comes.

Howard changes shit. More than on court. His age and body give us more time and options than Stoudemire. And that shit be huge. Besides his superiority on court.

For this reason I want us do all to draft Singleton and either Jimmer-Marshall-Klay in draft.

Howard
Singleton
Melo
Klay
Billups

Now we dealin.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
agree 100% its not close i mean i could bring the ball up and we could be a real good team lol. yea DRose would leave me in cement but when he gets to the rim he'd have to deal with a beast. it would probably me more entertaining with CP3 but with D12 you're guaranteed success and wins!

Team A, and it's honestly not really that close.

nuckles2k2

Superstar

Dwight can also refuse to sign any extensions and just walk as an FA since his max extension and his FA contract would likely be the same under the new CBA. There won't be that fear of the unknown that Melo had, and Dwight and CP3 can both just wait it out and go wherever they want.

Orlando is gonna get a king's ransom for Dwight (in terms of what the other team is giving up...there's no equal value for the dude) but what's Dwight's incentive? Melo's was his extension under the old CBA..which expires in 11 days...what's Dwight's reason for signing the extension and going to a situation that doesn't have two All-star starters?