View Poll Results: Who would you like the knicks to draft thursday?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bismack Biyombo

3 16.67%
  • Chris Singleton

0 0%
  • Kenneth Faried

4 22.22%
  • Markieff Morris

1 5.56%
  • Jimmer Fredette

1 5.56%
  • Klay Thompson

4 22.22%
  • Marshon Brooks

5 27.78%
  • Donatas Motiejunas

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would you like to see the Knicks draft?

Nyk Logo Who would you like to see the Knicks draft?

All these players could fall and get picked with the 17th pick, I would have to go with bismack just because hes a beast on the defensive side, and get a lot of boards.

If every one of those guys is on the board when I'm picking at 17, I go with Klay Thompson. He's got good size for a SG, and fills a big need for NY as a sharpshooter. This team could really use a full-time sharpshooter to spread the floor, and you know exactly what you're getting.

Chris Singleton would be my second choice. The only hesitation is that Klay is that damn good and fits the need so well.

Brooks might end up being a better scorer than Klay, but I have have fewer question marks with Klay. Brooks might have trouble adjusting to being off the ball more. Brooks can create his own shot well, but how well would he spread the floor for our star forwards? I'd be very happy with Marshon Brooks, but I just prefer Klay.

Jimmer...I see him possibly being the next Stephen Curry. Might be worth drafting just for that, or even for trade value. I wouldn't really mind if NY got him, but I don't like his size, nor his defense.

Biyombo is too much of a gamble, IMO. He could be the next Ibaka, or he could be complete garbage. And the odds are he'll be closer to the latter than the former.

Faried is kinda small, IMO. Definitely a 4, not a 5. Could be good and useful, but would be a limited contributor behind Amare.

Markief would be nice if he's the best guy on the board, but I'd rank him #6 on your eight man list. And Montiejunas would be #8.

yeh man I agree we do need a sharp shooter, I think klay thompson would be a great fit. when we trade danillo we lost our sharp shooter. Jimmer is another sharp shooter but Klay is taller so he can shoot over most guards. I'm still big on Bismakc tho, it is a gamble but it could be a great reward. But you are right, with a sharp shooter you do know what your getting, if we are going for a shooter I think klay thompson is the best choice and he is the best shooter in the draft with jimmer. Marshon brooks is good too, he has sort of an all around game but jimmer and Klay can shoot a lot better. brooks kinda reminds me of kobe in how he posts up and his dribbling and hesitations. he even has the little fro but out of Klay, jimmer, and brooks, brooks would be my third option.
    Last edited by Carmelo Iz Filthy; Jun 19, 2011 at 21:00.

Superstar

1a - Marshon Brooks
    1b - Nikola Vucevic

I really want both. Draft one at our spot and put together a package of assets w/o going overboard to get another pick 15-20 and get the other. It'd be HUGE for the franchise if we can get BOTH guys in here.
    ---------------------------------
    2 - Klay Thompson
    3 - Bis Biyombo or Ken Faried
    2nd round targets in order (find a way to get 1 of these in here -- 2 would be even better):

Ben Hansbrough (with a high 2)
    Rick Jackson (mid 2)
    Keith Benson (high to mid 2)
    Demetri McCamey (mid to low 2)
    Tim Abromaitis (low 2 - undrafted FA signing. Probably goes undrafted although if I could get a low 2 for peanuts I'd do it and secure this guy. Here's our sharpshooter right here.)
    I do the Toney Douglas for Jonny Flynn rumored trade as long as that's all it is. If Kahn wants more I might shop Douglas to see what else is out there (as in a trade to get another mid 1st rounder to grab a guy like Vucevic in addition to Brooks all in the 1st round.)
    Low-cost FA signings I continue to like for us:

- Curtis Jerrells, Curtis Stinson, Sherron Collins or Javaris Crittenton if I can't get the PG upgrade elsewhere. Why overpay Minny for Jonny Flynn, coming off injury too? I really like Jerrells in particular -- dude has a lot of talent. If, for example, David Kahn wanted too much for Jonny Flynn in this rumored deal, I tell him to go F himself, find a way to get Hansbrough in the 2nd round -- if not sign Jerrells on a minimum wage deal.
    - Joe Alexander or DeShawn Sims as my skill forward behind Amar'e/Melo.
    - Matt Bouldin (Forget Bonzi Wells. Gimmie this kid instead).
    - Dwayne Jones (Monster rebounder wherever he's been and gotten enough playing time).
    - Jeff Adrien (if GS cuts him on or before 6/20/11). If GS retains him, Rick Jackson is my backup plan for rebounding on the cheap (in addition to Dwayne Jones).
    Last edited by finestrg; Jun 19, 2011 at 21:58.

Veteran

What about Alec Burks, if he falls that far?

EDIT: This originally said Josh Selby. I promise, I'm not drunk, or anything.
    Last edited by SSj4Wingzero; Jun 19, 2011 at 22:18.

dam a lot of u guys are high on brooks

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    What about Alec Burks, if he falls that far?

EDIT: This originally said Josh Selby. I promise, I'm not drunk, or anything.
    I'd take Burks if he fell to 17, and Brooks wasn't on the board anymore. But I hear the Bucks might take him...so chances are we still get Marshon or Klay.

well as much as I would like to see the knicks draft a SG like KT, jimmer, or brooks.... we need to move up the draft and get B-Smack, this guy is the bset defensive player or all the bigs, he has hops and hes built to man handle guys on the defensive side of the ball..... we need to get this guy... he would answer our biggest need.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

after watching that you know this kid is for real.

Biyombo is going to suck, hard.

Originally Posted by Marek
    Biyombo is going to suck, hard.
    hows that? he has way more ceiling than serge Ibaka had when he was in the draft and he got picked like 24th overall or something. This guy can go in the top 10, I'm wondering how hes gona suck big time.

Veteran

I dunno. It depends on who's left on the board.

We all know the track record of big men in the NBA Draft. It's pretty well-known that athletic wing players generally translate best to the NBA, while big men are basically a crapshoot if that.

We take the highest ceiling player available, period.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    I dunno. It depends on who's left on the board.

We all know the track record of big men in the NBA Draft. It's pretty well-known that athletic wing players generally translate best to the NBA, while big men are basically a crapshoot if that.

We take the highest ceiling player available, period.
    but are biggest need is a big man right now, this guy is the real deal. If we get a wing man were still gona need a legit bigman and out of all the big men besides the morris twins who are actually pretty safe picks, Bismack could be the best player in the draft, and he could be an above average defender with his shot blocking ability and strength.

Originally Posted by Carmelo Iz Filthy
    This guy can go in the top 10, I'm wondering how hes gona suck big time.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    He's absolutely brutal offensively. No natural skill and no fundamentals.

On defense and rebounding, he's been relying solely on his raw athleticism. He's bigger/stronger/faster than the guys he faced at the Hoop Summit, so he was able to put up a big show. But he has absolutely nothing to offer beyond that. His footwork sucks, he's often out of position, and is prone to turnovers. The NBA game will overwhelm him.

Good luck to him. I know some teams are enamored by his athleticism and (very) raw potential. I just don't see him being worth a 1st round pick. He's the type of gamble that you'd take in the 2nd round, or maybe with a late 1st rounder. But this is a weak draft, so he's been projected as a lottery pick. Let's see if any of the lottery teams have the balls to waste a lottery pick on him.
    Last edited by Marek; Jun 22, 2011 at 09:17.

I'm still going with Faried, and too be honest I wouldn't mind Selby.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

if we really have draft day luck then by some miracle Burks will fall to us and it would be amazing if he did i think this dude is going to be a helluva SG in this league my second preference would be Brooks love his game knows how to score in many ways we could use his knack in the lineup.