Trade our pick, Fields, and Douglas, for Gortat and the suns 13th pick.

I want gortat, I would rather him than any big in the draft.

and if we package fields, douglas and our 17th pick.

I think we can get the suns 13th pick and gortat in return.

The suns would have fields and douglas, two young guards to help with the suns lack of depth, and the 17th pick

while we would have a solid rebounding shot blocking center, and the 13th pick.

Our line up could potentially look some what like this

Billups
Klay thompson
Melo
Amare
Gortat

thoughts ?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Not bad. I think this is the type of creative moves we need to make in order to get dramatically better.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
I'm all in. Gortat is a good C when given minutes, he can shoot pretty well too outside of his good rebounding and shot blocking.

I want gortat, I would rather him than any big in the draft.

and if we package fields, douglas and our 17th pick.

I think we can get the suns 13th pick and gortat in return.

The suns would have fields and douglas, two young guards to help with the suns lack of depth, and the 17th pick

while we would have a solid rebounding shot blocking center, and the 13th pick.

Our line up could potentially look some what like this

Billups
Klay thompson
Melo
Amare
Gortat

thoughts ?

:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:

friedduck

Rookie
Why in da **** would PHO do that? Marcin was straight up beast last yr...smh @ these weaksauce trades....And he's young and primed for more.

N you want to try to flip a weaker pick, a middling ass dime dozen tweener + a guy who got his emperors clothes removed while y'all were still giggling like school girls livin a fantasy about us having a starting 2guard...smmfh....:barf:

Vince Carter, biggest washed up perennial loser and quitter in NBA today...now dis?

Real moves peoples, real moves. Fanboyin for a DALLASS team n trying to get pleasure from a MIA dynasty not winning mustv clouded some good ass peoples judgements....

Real talk. Fields a huge question mark w low value. Douglas too. Weaker pick. And you want one of the best young, all round startin 5s in game who just be grtting better n better n has value climbing?

Maybe if we throw out getting that 13th...Maybe.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
all the people throwing out trade ideas like this....im presuming are basically either giving up or not for the whole getting CP3 scheme. and i can understand that. i mean we dont know how the cap is gonna affect us and we might not even be able to afford cp3. but ask yourself, even if there is a slight slight possibility of us getting a cp3, do we roll the dice and try for it or are we gonna go the whole putting solid players around our 2 stars route.

also, as mentioned in some other threads by some posters, we can bash the heat for not winning with just 3 stars and dallas having a more complete TEAM but its not like the heat missed the playoffs....they were 2 games away from winning the chip.

Marek

Benchwarmer
but ask yourself, even if there is a slight slight possibility of us getting a cp3, do we roll the dice and try for it or are we gonna go the whole putting solid players around our 2 stars route.

If you can win now, why sacrifice that to maintain future flexibility for something that probably won't even happen?

The Knicks have two top-shelf stars. If they see opportunities to build a good, solid contender around that at the expense of maybe possibly getting CP3 in another year, they have to do it.

The only way I could justify NOT trying to win NOW is if we are pretty much certain that we can get CP3 here. But we don't know that at all. It was okay to play those games before 2010 because we were rebuilding. But now, it's time to play for the present.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
thats cool i hear what you're saying but is Gortat really gonna make the difference in when we battle heat and the bulls for the next few years? yea dallas won because they had a more complete team but their TEAM consisted of jkidd , shawn marrion, chandler, terry (who could start on 80% of teams). so its not like it was 1 or 2 solid players around dirk and its not like the solid players were mediocore....they were superstars at one point, yea their physical play deteriorated but their mental knowledge of the game didnt go anywhere.....jkidd defended so well not because he was a top athlete but because of his mental understanding and toughness, same with marrion, same with terry stepping up and making clutch shots.
my point is that we can try to build a team around melo and stat and try to complement them with the perfect pieces but those pieces cant be so so players, THEY HAVE TO HAVE SOMETHING ABOUT THEM THATS GREAT. it could be physical athleticism, mental toughness or a decade of experience in playoff tested battles. who stands out for me (out of whats available) is GHill, TMac, Jeff Foster

If you can win now, why sacrifice that to maintain future flexibility for something that probably won't even happen?

The Knicks have two top-shelf stars. If they see opportunities to build a good, solid contender around that at the expense of maybe possibly getting CP3 in another year, they have to do it.

The only way I could justify NOT trying to win NOW is if we are pretty much certain that we can get CP3 here. But we don't know that at all. It was okay to play those games before 2010 because we were rebuilding. But now, it's time to play for the present.

friedduck

Rookie
Miami lost, ducky. You promised to go away.

You got no swag, gimp. Stop tryin to tickle my nuts and open your mind to my TRUTH. Think of it like a big dick and you might start bein able to understand it better.

TRUTH.

You certainly and others got no conception of PHO team, or NBA for that matter.

Truthfully, you are weak, sir. The time to get Marcin was when he was a fa 2yrs? Either way, ain't now, n not for this chicken shit deal you dream about. Lolll...

Marek

Benchwarmer
You got no swag, gimp. Stop tryin to tickle my nuts and open your mind to my TRUTH. Think of it like a big dick and you might start bein able to understand it better.

TRUTH.

You certainly and others got no conception of PHO team, or NBA for that matter.

Truthfully, you are weak, sir. The time to get Marcin was when he was a fa 2yrs? Either way, ain't now, n not for this chicken shit deal you dream about. Lolll...

I said that Phoenix wouldn't give up Gortat that easily.
In fact, I posted that right before your post.

I got no swag? You got no reading comprehension.

Now, go away like you promised.

The suns would be willing to trade gortat for 2 young players plus another rookie, because of the fact that they are trying to overhaul the entire roster, and rid long term contracts, which gortats while not large, does run another 3 years, which is longer than Nash's plus buying out carters contract shows the direction they are going in.

ridding gortats contract, for two young players with team options and the 17th pick would be a wise move for them.

there is no reason why they would object to doing it, especially being that Gortat does not make them a playoff team next year, so why hold onto a contract when you are going to have to enter rebuilding mode any way,

any team in there position would rather pick up 3 youthful usable players, than hold onto a pick only 4 spots higher than the knicks, and a center who will cost you 25 million over the next 3 losing seasons.

its a smart move on both sides,

but fried duck is an idiot and doesnt research information before posting nothing but curses and insults.

fool.

Marek

Benchwarmer
thats cool i hear what you're saying but is Gortat really gonna make the difference in when we battle heat and the bulls for the next few years? yea dallas won because they had a more complete team but their TEAM consisted of jkidd , shawn marrion, chandler, terry (who could start on 80% of teams). so its not like it was 1 or 2 solid players around dirk and its not like the solid players were mediocore....they were superstars at one point, yea their physical play deteriorated but their mental knowledge of the game didnt go anywhere.....jkidd defended so well not because he was a top athlete but because of his mental understanding and toughness, same with marrion, same with terry stepping up and making clutch shots.
my point is that we can try to build a team around melo and stat and try to complement them with the perfect pieces but those pieces cant be so so players, THEY HAVE TO HAVE SOMETHING ABOUT THEM THATS GREAT. it could be physical athleticism, mental toughness or a decade of experience in playoff tested battles. who stands out for me (out of whats available) is GHill, TMac, Jeff Foster

True, Dallas's supporting cast has a lot of smart vets who fit together well.

But I think the Knicks have to find their own way. Following prototypes is a futile exercise because you don't find these pieces in a factory with a label that says "clutch shooter" or "smart defender." And NY has two stars instead of just Dallas's one or Miami's three.

I'm thinking a smartly built team led by Amare and Melo (and Chauncey, if he's still around when/if NY reaches the mountaintop) would be enough. Guys like Gortat (which ain't happening) could suffice as our starting 5, given we get a solid spot-up shooter at 2 and add a decent mix of scoring, defense and veteran smarts to the bench.

It won't happen overnight, but it can be done.

friedduck

Rookie
The suns would be willing to trade gortat for 2 young players plus another rookie, because of the fact that they are trying to overhaul the entire roster, and rid long term contracts, which gortats while not large, does run another 3 years, which is longer than Nash's plus buying out carters contract shows the direction they are going in.

ridding gortats contract, for two young players with team options and the 17th pick would be a wise move for them.

there is no reason why they would object to doing it, especially being that Gortat does not make them a playoff team next year, so why hold onto a contract when you are going to have to enter rebuilding mode any way,

any team in there position would rather pick up 3 youthful usable players, than hold onto a pick only 4 spots higher than the knicks, and a center who will cost you 25 million over the next 3 losing seasons.

its a smart move on both sides,

but fried duck is an idiot and doesnt research information before posting nothing but curses and insults.

fool.

You a fool. DAMN fool, straight up. Gortat is THE type of contract a BUILDING teams wants...:teeth::teeth::teeth:

YOUNG, impact center on a sweetheart, perfect 3yr deal. :boohoo:

And you think some scraps will entice them? BahahHahhHHa

You BUILD with someone like Marcin. He ain't Okefor. :barf:

Get logic. This shish AINT chess.

Why in da **** would PHO do that? Marcin was straight up beast last yr...smh @ these weaksauce trades....And he's young and primed for more.

N you want to try to flip a weaker pick, a middling ass dime dozen tweener + a guy who got his emperors clothes removed while y'all were still giggling like school girls livin a fantasy about us having a starting 2guard...smmfh....:barf:

Vince Carter, biggest washed up perennial loser and quitter in NBA today...now dis?

Real moves peoples, real moves. Fanboyin for a DALLASS team n trying to get pleasure from a MIA dynasty not winning mustv clouded some good ass peoples judgements....

Real talk. Fields a huge question mark w low value. Douglas too. Weaker pick. And you want one of the best young, all round startin 5s in game who just be grtting better n better n has value climbing?

Maybe if we throw out getting that 13th...Maybe.

bro the knicks are gona squash your heat next season, the knicks are gona improve their roster a lot more than the heat thos off season. We have a 17th pick + were buying either a late 1st rounder, early 2nd rounder, or both. + were gona sign some good role players. Do the heat even have a draft pick??? If we either move up or stay at 17 and get bismack the heat would have some fun trying to drive on him, lebron would get his shit sent x5 of wat amare did to him.

Last edited: