The Official Darius Morris Thread

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Who? Yea, I said it, Darius Morris, probably the best passer in the draft. A 6'5" PG who lead The Big 10 in APG. A year with CB as his mentor and this dude could be the sleeper of the draft! He should be on the board since he is projected go anywhere from 23 to early 2nd round. We should either trade back, pick up a vet in the process and target him around the early 20's or trade/buy a late 1st rounder and give this guy a shot. Thoughts?

NBA Comparison: Andre Miller
Strengths: Confident lead guard with a good amount of mismatch potential ... Excellent size for a point guard, standing 6'5.25" tall with a 6'7.5" wingspan ... Strong finishing ability due to size and body control ... Powerful first step, which is surprising considering his lack of great foot speed ... Very aggressive ... Can drive well with either hand ... Uses hesitations, spin moves and crossovers to break down his defender in isolation situations ... Has the potential to use his size in the post against smaller point guards ... Very gifted passer in a half-court offense ... Tremendous court vision ... Led the Big Ten in assists per game his sophomore year, averaging 6.7 on the season ... Operates well in pick-and-roll situations, keeping his head up and displaying excellent timing on passes ... Good frame with the potential to hold a little more muscle ... Good teammate and a vocal leader on the floor ? A true point guard with a good feel for the position and at just 20 years of age has solid potential ...

Weaknesses: Doesn't possess any outstanding athletic qualities ... Not an explosive leaper ... Lacks great speed or quickness ... Lacks a great understanding of how to control transition opportunities, often attempting to force the issue despite being outnumbered ... Underdeveloped catch-and-shoot ability hurts his potential to play well without dominating the ball... Prone to taking ill-advised shots ... Shot only 25% from behind the arc last season ... Only an average defender due to lack of lateral speed ... Struggles to recover after being screened ? His age is both a positive and a negative. At 20, he's got upside, but will likely take some time to be NBA ready, and learning the NBA position on the fly is a challenge ...

Overall: One of the best passers in the draft and he's only a sophomore, so he still has a lot of room to improve ... A reliable outside jumper would really round out his offensive game ? A sleeper. Has starting point guard potential, and should be a 1st round pick in this year?s draft ?

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/darius-morris

KingCharles34

All Star
I like the idea of trying to get the late 1st rounder to acquire him with, Im sold on that Klay dude at 17. But this dude sounds like a really smart player, and although defense is listed as one of his weaknesses i always thought andre miller was a good defender, especially when he was a little bit younger. You dont have to be real quick to play good defense, you just need a good TEAM defense and u gotta be willing to get grimey. JKidd is old as fukk and he played good defense for Dallas, speed is a great tool but it can be overrated

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
haha, I'm ahead of the curve and the so called experts. After all I was calling for Brandon Jennings well before most.

the Knicks also were impressed with Michigan point guard Darius Morris, who has risen on their draft board. Morris outplayed Kansas guard Josh Selby, who is being viewed by the Knicks staff as too big a risk at 17. Georgia Tech point guard Iman Shumpert and Selby could be available later in the first round, and Walsh is confident he will buy more picks as he has done in the past.

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2011/06/21/morris-rising-on-knicks-draft-board/

Thugball

Benchwarmer
This kid definitely intrigues me. I Made a thread about him a while back asking if anyone had actually seen him play but nobody posted. I've read the analysis on him but did not get to watch any of his games this year.