FA Jamison Brewer signed

WiL8000

Rotation player
I'm not sure. I saw him play a while back, but I didn't see anything that would make me like or hate him. If you ask me, I thought that the Knicks backcourt was pretty solid already.

e_D

Benchwarmer
Well Isiah does have an eye for talent.. Maybe he saw something in this guy.

The only thing I can think of, is that Isiah is working on a deal to ship off Moochie and some other pieces for a 4 or 5. At anyrate, you cant get much worse than Moochie, and this guy's 7 years younger and making alot less, so it might turn out to be a good move. We'll see what plays out.

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
Anything that will help keep Anderson off of the court makes us better...how many guys do we have under cotract now???

I agree with the idea that there is a trade brewing here. We seemed hot on Andre Barrett in summer league, but did not sign him as Isiah was working on the Crawford deal. And with the Crawford signing, I thought we where set with guards.

Anyone else smelling a potential deal coming up??

David

WiL8000

Rotation player
Good points on this signing. It really does make sense that this could be a part of Isiah's plan to move Moochie Norris and Shandon Anderson. If that's the case keep an eye out on the NBA rumor sites in next couple of weeks.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
In case anyone was wondering the details of his contract, here they are:

New York Post: Thomas, who coached the athletic Brewer for two seasons in Indiana, yesterday signed the free agent to a one-year deal worth $720,046, the league minimum for three-year vets.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Well Isiah picked up Ariza on the 43rd pick of the second round of the NBA draft and we all saw what he is capable of doing during the summer league. I have no clue who this guy is or if he can play, cause he is way under the radar but if Isiah sees potential in him, he got my vote. The only thing that puzzles me is that he got Crawford and signing this guy only makes backcourt deeper. But now we got Moochie still sitting there collection his 3+ million a year and Anderson collecting God knows how much. Doesn't make much since, as soon as I saw this new guard signed I figured Isiah had a trade up his sleeve but I would expect this move after trading either Moochie or Anderson or both, NOT BEFORE. Well I hope that whatever Isiah does works out because if it doesn't having those guys just sit around collecting is not going to look pretty.

JJtheKnick

Starter
JStarks said:
wow, ron artest said he was the best PG on the pacers, maybe isiah knows something we dont

i think thats it. isiah must be seeing something that we are not. but hey i trust him him so much i mean come on look at this rookie he got. the guy plays great.

tru about the ariza thing wel hoefuly he can back up marbury well, and crawford has 2 play full time houstons time is ova and its crawfords time i no 100mil comin of th bench is wrong but crawford is sick!!

JJtheKnick

Starter
TmAc N Knicks4life said:
tru about the ariza thing wel hoefuly he can back up marbury well, and crawford has 2 play full time houstons time is ova and its crawfords time i no 100mil comin of th bench is wrong but crawford is sick!!

no no no but houston is the knicks captain how ia it ganna look with our captain comeing off the bench. and lenny already said crawford will back up houston

i dont care broo i want crawford i no hes captain who cares the only reason hes still on the team bc of his contract and bak 2 brewer i just noticed isiah coached him4 2 years so he might know a lil sumthin sumthin we dont

JJtheKnick

Starter
hey listen if houston was healthy i would not want him going anywhere. houston is one of the best shooters in the NBA today. he is an all-star. dont get me wrong crawford is very good but he is no houston

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I got a solution guys, why not sit Starbury down and start Houston and Crawford that way both of you guys would be happy.....lol.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
OK...talking seriously, I would definetely say start Houston if he is healthy and bring in Crawford of the bench. But who knows maybe Lenny and Isiah will implement a three guard rotation and have all three (Starbury, Crawford and Houston) on the court at the same time. If Houston is not 100%, you know Crawford is the man for the job. If I was Lenny I would start some games with Crawford and some games with Houston. Crawford is young and fresh and can keep up with quick guys in the defense much better than Houston. I definetely think Houston should never play the entire game, 20 or 30 minutes tops per game. Keep him fresh because its a long season. Don't wanna risk him getting injured again and we sinking in the playoffs. Plus the more minutes Crawford gets the better for the team overall chemistry. Once again I say Houston should start for sure if he is 100% healthy but doesn't mean he is getting more minutes than Crawford.