Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Why not sign Wilson Chandler?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Why not sign Wilson Chandler?

    I think he could def. help the team off the bench in a 6th man role, or maybe he could even start as our 2 guard.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Marek
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    yeh but if theres one team hes gona sihn with for less $$$$ its gona be NY right? and hes plays pretty decent defence, I loved chandler when hes was in ny one of my fav. players, guy never complained, and played the game the right way.

  4. #4
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Wilson chandler isn't built to be a 2 guard starters. He's a 3/4 tweener with the ability to guard a SG if necessary. Personally I think Wilson Chandler would be a damn good 6th man on the Knicks. Since he's shown that he can continue to score after coming off the bench.

    However, W Chandler is a restricted free agent which means that Denver could match any offer made for him this year.

    On top of that I am like 99% sure the Knicks wants Chris Paul on their team OD. That means that its unlikely they would want to offer Chandler the multi-year deal necessary to get him from the Nuggets since they are avoiding contracts that last for a few years.

    Now if the Hard Cap becomes a reality and the odds of NY acquiring Chris Paul become impossible I could see them targeting Wilson Chandler maybe as a sixth man who can sub in for the teams stars without a major drop in production.

    On the flip Chris Singleton in this years draft brings the Defense Wilson use to bring along with the possibility of becoming a better scorer (something Wilson improved on each year as a knick)

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Wargames
    Wilson chandler isn't built to be a 2 guard starters. He's a 3/4 tweener with the ability to guard a SG if necessary. Personally I think Wilson Chandler would be a damn good 6th man on the Knicks. Since he's shown that he can continue to score after coming off the bench.

    However, W Chandler is a restricted free agent which means that Denver could match any offer made for him this year.

    On top of that I am like 99% sure the Knicks wants Chris Paul on their team OD. That means that its unlikely they would want to offer Chandler the multi-year deal necessary to get him from the Nuggets since they are avoiding contracts that last for a few years.

    Now if the Hard Cap becomes a reality and the odds of NY acquiring Chris Paul become impossible I could see them targeting Wilson Chandler maybe as a sixth man who can sub in for the teams stars without a major drop in production.

    On the flip Chris Singleton in this years draft brings the Defense Wilson use to bring along with the possibility of becoming a better scorer (something Wilson improved on each year as a knick)
    I owuld be happy if we could get chris singleton in the draft, he has the best defence in the the draft.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Why would he give NY a discount? They traded his ass specifically so that they wouldn't have to pay him later. (edit...and like Wargames said, he's RFA, so any ideas about a discount are moot)

    It would have to a pretty big discount to work for NY. They have to spread what little cap space they have left pretty thin to a lot of players, and Chandler would simply take up too much of it, even with a discount.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Marek
    Why would he give NY a discount? They traded his ass specifically so that they wouldn't have to pay him later. (edit...and like Wargames said, he's RFA, so any ideas about a discount are moot)

    It would have to a pretty big discount to work for NY. They have to spread what little cap space they have left pretty thin to a lot of players, and Chandler would simply take up too much of it, even with a discount.
    because he knows its a business, and he is used to NY and wants to win a ring prolly idk just a theory.

  8. #8
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Carmelo Iz Filthy
    I loved chandler when hes was in ny one of my fav. players, guy never complained, and played the game the right way.
    So did David Lee and what did that get him with NY? Nothing!! If they did'nt sign Lee b/c of money then Chandler imo does'nt deserve whatever he is asking for b/c he does'nt show up every game.David Lee did!!

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Chandler was so frustrating cause his facial expression made you wonder whether or not he actually cared.

    He had moments where his ferocity and athleticism made you go HOLY **** and other moments where he'd have an open lane and settle for a long jumper instead...

  10. #10
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    We need to be spending a few million a year on a center. I like Chandler, but unless he's gonna come at like three million a year, then sadly no.

  11. #11
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    We need to be spending a few million a year on a center. I like Chandler, but unless he's gonna come at like three million a year, then sadly no.
    The way the Hardcap would affect players pay scales after this new CBA he might come for 5 based on the new scale set up....

    No one knows what is going to happen. Thats why I hope the Knicks have a contingency plan in case CP3 (who is there 2012 plan) isn't willing to take 4 million to play in NY.

  12. #12
    Member NYallDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    the problem with these low ball numbers is that if he's willing to accept a alot less money then Denver would be stupid not to just match that. if NY offers 3mil/yr and Will says ok, the nuggets could just say ok, we're matching and boom! they'll have will locked in at 3mil/yr for a multi yr contract.




    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    We need to be spending a few million a year on a center. I like Chandler, but unless he's gonna come at like three million a year, then sadly no.

  13. #13
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Denver offered him a contract already. Numbers on the contract haven't been released.

  14. #14
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYallDay
    the problem with these low ball numbers is that if he's willing to accept a alot less money then Denver would be stupid not to just match that. if NY offers 3mil/yr and Will says ok, the nuggets could just say ok, we're matching and boom! they'll have will locked in at 3mil/yr for a multi yr contract.
    Well then it'd be no problem for us lol. He's not a necessity.

    MusketeerX said they offered him a contract already, so...we'll see what happens.

  15. #15
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    so far it seems they just offered him the qualifying offer. That makes perfect sense considering the questions about the new CBA and his level of play post trade.

    But like RunningJumper said W Chandler is not a necessity. No sixth man ever is, they're usually a luxury teams invest in to improve their roster to compete against other contenders. Right now we have arguably 2 stars and question marks everywhere else. A year from now though that may be very different.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 76
    Last Post: Aug 14, 2010, 13:00
  2. Wilson Chandler Couldn't Defend If He Had Nukes
    By TunerAddict in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Nov 14, 2009, 02:41
  3. Wilson Chandler
    By midnightanthem in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: Feb 11, 2009, 11:10
  4. Rookie Wilson Chandler
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Mar 20, 2008, 09:20
  5. So why isnt Wilson Chandler playing in the D League?
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 21:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •