Nash to Knicks, after all?

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
The Knicks may address their size concerns via the draft and their backcourt via Phoenix. In an NBA Draft the Knicks did not believe would solve their size woes, along comes USC's 6-foot-11 Nikola Vucevic squarely into the picture. Vucevic was back for another Knicks workout yesterday, and he's in the mix for when the team picks at No. 17, according to multiple sources. ... There have been renewed whispers the Knicks have inquired about Suns point guard Steve Nash, who lives in SoHo in the offseason. The Knicks have talked internally about trading Chauncey Billups for Nash as both have expiring contracts. But there does not appear any reason for Suns owner Robert Sarver to make a move and give Mike D'Antoni a chance to reunite with his favorite son.

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/291512?eref=sircrc&eref=fromSI#ixzz1Pv9x9qWk

Still on the fence with the whole Nash for Billups thing... they both have their advantages... I think the ball would move better with Nash but Billups can play better D and sometimes play a 2 guard.

... but this Nikola Vucevic could be an interesting player if we can't move up in the draft. Watching some of his highlights just makes me think what he would look like playing and growing up next to Jerome Jordan.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I'd rather have billups and get a C to anchor the defense. Although the combination of Nash and Amar'e were GREAT and almost unguardable with the pick n' roll, Defense is still the way to go.

PHX
PG- Nash
SG- Bell
SF- Marion
PF- Diaw
C- Amar'e
MDA
no chip, no finals appearance, subpar D

projected lineup:
NYK:gony:
PG- Nash
SG- Fields
SF- Melo
PF- Amar'e
C- Ronny
MDA?:teeth:
The defense will be horrible.
Although the offense will be explosive with nash, melo, and STAT. We would stink on D

btw count me in on the vucevic bandwagon

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
lol Steve Nash, how old does the guy have to be before people stop wanting him on a team. Jason Kidd did wonders for all the 35+ guys looking to score a multi-year 8M deal.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
All we heard from the rumour mill during this off-season was "defence, defence, defence".

Now, after reading the latest wave of rumours as draft night approaches, it's suddenly taken a turn in completely the other direction.

1. Buy up in the draft for Fredette.

2. Trade Douglas for Flynn.

3. Trade Billups - who suits our best scorers needs as a PG perfectly - for the only ingredient that's ever meant real success to D'Antoni, as it (Nash) nears it's expiry date along with the coach himself!?

4. Trading for a higher pick with Indiana - 17 ~ 15? Landry as good as gone.

5. Knicks in love with Klay Thompson!?

6. Omri Casspi?

I'm sick of this franchise bending to the whims of its coaches' 'revolutionary:whatever: system'. It is ****ing lunacy. He has one season left to basically become the polar opposite of what he's been since signing here. Prognosis: shit.

No matter the frequency of our adjusting to D'Antoni's erroneous master plan, we will always be a step behind those that we'll challenge in the post season. The mould for success in modern basketball has been set. It's defence, size, depth, a good coach and star power. We have one of those 5 vital ingredients: the latter.

We invested so much in Melo's rare abilities, and now we turn away from our new blueprint because Mike's been selling, and selling very well, his preposterous offensive bullshit again.

We know what our main weakness is, we know where it stems from.

How quickly we become distracted as soon as the word 'system' is used in this ****ing franchise.

The 2 Ds: D'antoni and Dolan. What a pair of ass pirates.

p0nder

Starter
Still on the fence with the whole Nash for Billups thing... they both have their advantages... I think the ball would move better with Nash but Billups can play better D and sometimes play a 2 guard.

... but this Nikola Vucevic could be an interesting player if we can't move up in the draft. Watching some of his highlights just makes me think what he would look like playing and growing up next to Jerome Jordan.

Nash is an upgrade over billups. He is much more accustomed to this "system" and is a two time league MVP. While billups resume is impressive, and certainly his finals MVP carries a lot of weight, there is no question who is the better PG over their career and at this stage of the game. To be honest the defense both of them have is porous at best, and nash is performing at a higher level offensively even surrounded by a declining talent pool.

Vucevic could be good, but I would prefer a better defender. Also his offensive game is almost identical to STAT's. He's a face up big man with a decent shot from 15-20 ft. His back to the basket moves are non-existent. And in his interview I don't recall hearing anything about his defensive prowess or work ethic. He'll step in well to give amar'e a spell and can play the 5 when we want to play small ball and run the floor. I still think he is a liability on defense and we could use a more sound defensive presence in the paint. still, not a bad pick and could either be a good piece to the puzzle or a trade asset.

moneyg

Starter
what another failed attemp to validate O'antoni as a coach....Nash to make him look like he actually knows something about coaching...

give me a break

NYKnicks15

Starter
not a big fan of this for a few reasons. first because were exchanging nothing but aging guards while simultaneously taking a hit on our defense. And as much as I want this team to succeed.. I dont think its best to mold this team into a Mike D team with one year left on his contract.

I think the only way this trade gets done is if its part of this larger picture. Nash and the 13th pick (since the Knicks are trying to move up for Fredette) for Chauncey our 17th pick and a player or two. Most likely Fields. Then the Knicks would move Douglas for Casspi which in D'Antonis world is a perfect solution to his backcourt. a rotation of Nash, Fredette and Casspi.

jpz17

Starter
not a big fan of this for a few reasons. first because were exchanging nothing but aging guards while simultaneously taking a hit on our defense. And as much as I want this team to succeed.. I dont think its best to mold this team into a Mike D team with one year left on his contract.

I think the only way this trade gets done is if its part of this larger picture. Nash and the 13th pick (since the Knicks are trying to move up for Fredette) for Chauncey our 17th pick and a player or two. Most likely Fields. Then the Knicks would move Douglas for Casspi which in D'Antonis world is a perfect solution to his backcourt. a rotation of Nash, Fredette and Casspi.

Look at the Suns side of this, Nash >>>> Billups. It doesn't make much sense for them, but for the Knicks, straight up, yeah it makes sense. Improving our team, finally getting that good point guard offensively that we needed last season. (Felton was pretty good, then we downgraded with Billups, and went even lower with Douglas in the playoffs but I love you Douglas)

Anyway, all in all, it won't happen.

So Billups comes in starts preaching defense, and has the other players preaching defense and now we want to trade him for Steve Nash?!? Does this reek of another blatant MOA move to try to do things his way or what? Dam I hate this coach...

I dont care how well nash can run an offense, Uck him and his sh*tty defense

nash>billups overall simple as that. U can argue that nash isnt the best defensive point guard but billups is much better? Nash is a top 3 passing PG in this league. Nash had 11.4 assists a game lasy year lol. Not to mention his FG % puts billups FG % to sleep. Like come on u cant tell me u would rather have billups more than nash because billups plays a tad bit better D. Nash has better 3 point % too. And for those people saying billups knows where to give melo the ball, but melo is an ISO player he makes his own shots. I would rather have the nash and amare chemisrty over billups and melo's chemistry. nash's FT % is better too.

Aside from all the stats Nash is a guy u want on your team. I remember when he played with a broken nose, black eyes.... like come on thus guy is a lot more tougher than billups. Nash has <3

It's really a no-brainer NASH>billups..... I love billups but those are the facts.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yes Nash is better but do we need to get Steve Nash at the expense of our defense and losing Landry Fields in the deal most likely?

Chauncey Billups is an adequate player and instead of throwing Landry Fields or Toney Douglas away to get Steve Nash (there's no way Phoenix would agree to a straight up swap between Nash and Billups) we should focus our time on getting players who can play defense and rebound, or finding a shooting guard or a backup point guard. Landry Fields is a good player but I do not think he is a starting SG, he projects more as a 6th man. We should focus on getting a good SG in the draft or finding a good free agent that could fill that role for cheap, and then worry about finding a coach who can actually coach in the playoffs.

Yes Nash is better but do we need to get Steve Nash at the expense of our defense and losing Landry Fields in the deal most likely?

Chauncey Billups is an adequate player and instead of throwing Landry Fields or Toney Douglas away to get Steve Nash (there's no way Phoenix would agree to a straight up swap between Nash and Billups) we should focus our time on getting players who can play defense and rebound, or finding a shooting guard or a backup point guard. Landry Fields is a good player but I do not think he is a starting SG, he projects more as a 6th man. We should focus on getting a good SG in the draft or finding a good free agent that could fill that role for cheap, and then worry about finding a coach who can actually coach in the playoffs.
yeh but I would trade fileds and billups to get nash, I jsut think he would improve our team a lot. He is heathly too like that dude is never on the DL. Like I agree but I def would do a deal sending both fields, billups, douglas, and our 17th for nash and their 13th. with that 13th we could get bismack or the marcus morris.

KingCharles34

All Star
Nash is old and washed up, larry holmes

when your done lickin his grundle we can talk like grown men

im just playin fam, nahh u probably right, u can definitely argue nash is still better all around but Billups is a tad bit better on defense? Yea, sure.......

Billups is no pernell whitaker defensive wizard himself, but hes considerably better then billups i would say. He did a decent job on rondo before gettin hurt in game 1 against bumston. Rondo sons the sh*t outta Nash

Nash is old and washed up, larry holmes

when your done lickin his grundle we can talk like grown men

im just playin fam, nahh u probably right, u can definitely argue nash is still better all around but Billups is a tad bit better on defense? Yea, sure.......

Billups is no pernell whitaker defensive wizard himself, but hes considerably better then billups i would say. He did a decent job on rondo before gettin hurt in game 1 against bumston. Rondo sons the sh*t outta Nash

lol Nash>billups..........I like billups but I'm not gona go to the extreme and say hes better than nash cuz thats not true. How many MVP's does billups have? and nash is washed yet he dished out 11.4 assists to the suns opffence. If he came to NY his assists would be up to 12+...... nash better passer, shooter, and hes tougher. Hes a 2 time MVP, and ESPN only ranked him as the 9th best PG of all time and that was in 2006. get off billups nut sack.

la2ny

Starter
If we get the 13th pick with Nash then I guess it would make the deal look alot better, otherwise we should just stick with ChillBill

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I see zero reason why the Suns would do this.

Nash is just amazing to watch. Watched a lot of games of his last season. I see some plays coming from him that the opponents don't. Funny thing is, recently I saw Amar'e open for a pick n' roll situation where Amar'e could have gotten a dunk or lay-up, but Douglas didn't see it, and I don't blame him. Nash sees all, and maybe it wasn't an opportunity, but I've seen Nash do it so much I wouldn't be surprised if he was wide open for that play.

Great thing is, we have Billups. I'm fine with him.