Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knicks considering drafting Iman Shumpert at 17????

Faried or Singleton, Brooks...i would had took...oh well. Maybe they know something we don't

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Singleton is EXACTLY who we needed. Our biggest problem is scoring when Stat and Melo are riding the pine. I'll help you sum it up. We f#@%ed up.
    I must have missed this in my reply earlier...

You think that's our biggest problem? Really?

Originally Posted by Marek
    I must have missed this in my reply earlier...

You think that's our biggest problem? Really?
    It was most of the second half of the season. When Melo sat for pretty much 3/4 of every fourth quarter per our genius head coaches gameplan, it seemed like our offense couldn't do crap. And I think it's up there with our defense being non-existent all season, every season under Dumbtoni.

Superstar

Failed miserably with this pick. We took a shooting guard who can't shoot... I look at our roster for next year and we have two guys under contract that play the two spot in Landry and TD.

We have no one to back up Amar'e or Melo. Singleton is a 3/4 who can guard 4-1. Oh, and he has a better offensive game than the "shooting" guard we chose.

So stupid.

Originally Posted by MusketeerX
    Failed miserably with this pick. We took a shooting guard who can't shoot... I look at our roster for next year and we have two guys under contract that play the two spot in Landry and TD.

We have no one to back up Amar'e or Melo. Singleton is a 3/4 who can guard 4-1. Oh, and he has a better offensive game than the "shooting" guard we chose.

So stupid.
    well I dont see how it was stupid, hes gona be our backup PG to billups, he can play better D than anyone on the knicks now. Chris singleton plays SF and we have melo playing there. This kid shumpert is freakisly athletic, he has a 7"0 wingspand, and his vertice was amazing. I was pissed last night but I thought real hard. I wanted them to pick this guy with a late 1st rounder, yet we couldent buy 1, so we had to reach a little bit but I think this guy is worth it. He averaged 2.7 steals a game in college and he wasnt bad at all on the offensive side, this kid has hops too.

Rondo: can't shoot for his life, and with shumpert on him won't have fun driving in the paint

I think he will be able to guard wade, D will and other stars really good.

I give TD a 7.5 on Defense and shumpert has the potential to be a lockdown defender 9.5.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Carmelo Iz Filthy

Rondo: can't shoot for his life, and with shumpert on him won't have fun driving in the paint
    You bring up a really interesting point as far as a possible motivation behind this pick. The last thing a lot of us remember (including the Knicks Front Office) is Rondo eviscerating us on the drive and only JJ (our tallest guy on the court) being able to slow him down. If Shumpert can fix that, then that is definitely something.

Singleton is EXACTLY who we needed. Our biggest problem is scoring when Stat and Melo are riding the pine. I'll help you sum it up. We f#@%ed up.
    You obviously haven't watched Singleton much, he is NOT a good scorer.

So stupid.
    Like I said before Singleton is NOT a good scorer. Calm down Shumpert is not a bad pick. A jumpshot is not that hard to develop and he already has a great form. Melo already has a backup in Shawne Williams and Walker(he plays SF often), Shawne Williams also is a backup PF as well and with Jeffries/our other draft pick along with Jerome Jordan and a decent center Amare should be fine.

So stupid.
    Unfortunately spot on... +1! Dantoni's team's live and die by the three and we got 3 shooting guards who can't shoot. Makes no sense.

The whole reason Phoenix was good under Antoni is the fact that they consistently nailed their three's. Who do we have to shoot the three ball consistently?

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    You obviously haven't watched Singleton much, he is NOT a good scorer.

Like I said before Singleton is NOT a good scorer. Calm down Shumpert is not a bad pick. A jumpshot is not that hard to develop and he already has a great form. Melo already has a backup in Shawne Williams and Walker(he plays SF often), Shawne Williams also is a backup PF as well and with Jeffries/our other draft pick along with Jerome Jordan and a decent center Amare should be fine.
    I did watch Singleton play and he single-handedly manhandled Duke even though they lost and he would've filled our needs much more than a combo guard that can't shoot does. Singleton also rebounds, something no-one on our team except for Landry knows how to do. Our guy looked like he was playing on roller-skates against Duke. I bet you all you guys supporting Chump would be making excuses to support whatever player we drafted, no matter who it was. As soon you hear them say they're excited to play here, you're suckered in, hook, line and sinker.

I did watch Singleton play and he single-handedly manhandled Duke even though they lost and he would've filled our needs much more than a combo guard that can't shoot does. Singleton also rebounds, something no-one on our team except for Landry knows how to do. Our guy looked like he was playing on roller-skates against Duke. I bet you all you guys supporting Chump would be making excuses to support whatever player we drafted, no matter who it was. As soon you hear them say they're excited to play here, you're suckered in, hook, line and sinker.
    Ok bro the only player available when the knicks were up that I think would have filled our needs more than Iman was Chris singleton. But Imo we got the next best thing to singleton, iman fills a need at SG and defense. Chris singleton should have been picked tho cuz he can guard a Pg let alone a Sg. This would have been my lineup, plz someone argue it so I can prove u wrong.
    But I'm happy to have Iman he still fills our needs.

PG-Billups
    Sg-Singleton (guys can guard the PG, so I think he can guard the SG)
    SF-Melo
    PF-Stat
    C-Turiaf/JJ (not the clumbsy one that cant dunk)

Originally Posted by Carmelo Iz Filthy
    Ok bro the only player available when the knicks were up that I think would have filled our needs more than Iman was Chris singleton. But Imo we got the next best thing to singleton, iman fills a need at SG and defense. Chris singleton should have been picked tho cuz he can guard a Pg let alone a Sg. This would have been my lineup, plz someone argue it so I can prove u wrong.
    But I'm happy to have Iman he still fills our needs.

PG-Billups
    Sg-Singleton (guys can guard the PG, so I think he can guard the SG)
    SF-Melo
    PF-Stat
    C-Turiaf/JJ (not the clumbsy one that cant dunk)
    I, you and the rest of the Knicks fan base would of been ecstatic to get Singleton. That's why it didn't make sense to reach for Shump when we didn't have to. Singleton was better at D than Shump and his offense is lightyear's beyond Shumps. It seems like our Knicks leadership consistently find a way beat themselves. Honestly if our leadership had half a brain they would be working all day/night trying to find us a REAL BIG. Until then all this talk doesn't really matter anyways because we're not going to win anything without the rebounding and defense Big's bring.

I, you and the rest of the Knicks fan base would of been ecstatic to get Singleton. That's why it didn't make sense to reach for Shump when we didn't have to. Singleton was better at D than Shump and his offense is lightyear's beyond Shumps. It seems like our Knicks leadership consistently find a way beat themselves. Honestly if our leadership had half a brain they would be working all day/night trying to find us a REAL BIG. Until then all this talk doesn't really matter anyways because we're not going to win anything without the rebounding and defense Big's bring.
    I do think singleton is gona be a better defender then Iman, but Iman wasnt a horrible choice, i bet if singleton got picked b4 iman a lto of knicks fans wouldent be upset.

I do think singleton is gona be a better defender then Iman, but Iman wasnt a horrible choice, i bet if singleton got picked b4 iman a lto of knicks fans wouldent be upset.

Veteran

...You think Singleton can guard 1's? Really? Alright, if you say so.

Veteran

So stupid.
    Shumpert at SG allows Landry Fields to fill the 6th man role that our team needs. Singleton has a better offensive game than Shumpert but it's not by much - it's not like we missed out on a future 20 PPG scorer in Singleton (at least, not that we can foresee anyway). You're stretching it by saying Singleton can guard 1's - I'd love to see Singleton guard Rajon Rondo.