What happened to the Kenneth Faried talks/Can Walsh let go of D'Antoni?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don't know much about Kenneth Faried aside from being a good rebounder from what I heard. Has his stock fallen or risen?

Also, does Walsh have control 'till the end of the month or whenever or does he only have partial control? I'm gonna guess he can't let go of D'Antoni, but that's a guess.

I don't know much about Kenneth Faried aside from being a good rebounder from what I heard. Has his stock fallen or risen?

Also, does Walsh have control 'till the end of the month or whenever or does he only have partial control? I'm gonna guess he can't let go of D'Antoni, but that's a guess.

He is only gona have authority for the draft, after that hes gona be the knicks consultent.

I like faried, hes a really good rebounder and good defensive players who is very strong. I wouldent mind the knicks drafted him if both morris twins, bismack, KT, are tooken.

KBlack25

Starter
Faried is projected about where he has been projected, late teens early 20s...

I would love the Knicks to take him, but I think they fear his size (he's only 6'7")...though if I'm NY I would take him...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
The Knicks do not need an undersized PF or another SF. We need a C, real PF or a PG who can contribute this year.

KBlack25

Starter
The Knicks do not need an undersized PF or another SF. We need a C, real PF or a PG who can contribute this year.

Ugh...

What does it matter his height if he can rebound a high percentage of boards that come out?

Would you not take Kevin Love b/c he is 6'9", or Ben Wallace in his prime b/c he is 6'9", or Dennis Rodman b/c he is 6'7"...this team needs rebounding, if he can rebound over 7 footers, thats all that should matter.

Bradley stood 7'6" and couldn't rebound a lick. Hasheem Thabeet at 7'2" grabbed horrendous percentages of available rebounds. Rebounding, frequently, is an innate skill...height might make it easier but height can be overcome by natural, unteachable instincts. I'm not drafting a 7' guy to say "Hey, we have a 7-footer" if the guy can't rebound or block or change shots in the paint. I'll take the 6'7" guy with innate rebounding ability, shot blocking talent and ability to change shots in the paint over the 7' guy with no innate rebounding instincts and without a nose for the ball 100 times out of 100.

Last edited:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Ugh...

What does it matter his height if he can rebound a high percentage of boards that come out?

Would you not take Kevin Love b/c he is 6'9", or Ben Wallace in his prime b/c he is 6'9", or Dennis Rodman b/c he is 6'7"...this team needs rebounding, if he can rebound over 7 footers, thats all that should matter.

Yet to be proven in the NBA. Anyone you just listed are the exceptions, not the rule. The guy is a typical tweener pick that the Knicks seem to always make. We should address rebounding and size via FA or trade and look for a guard in the draft. Guards are almost always more NBA ready than BIGS.

KBlack25

Starter
Yet to be proven in the NBA. Anyone you just listed are the exceptions, not the rule. The guy is a typical tweener pick that the Knicks seem to always make. We should address rebounding and size via FA or trade and look for a guard in the draft. Guards are almost always more NBA ready than BIGS.

Who is the PG to draft? There doesn't appear to be anyone worth the pick at 17 that won't be there with a late pick we can buy in for...

Again drafting size for the sake of having size isn't effective if the guy can't play.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Who is the PG to draft? There doesn't appear to be anyone worth the pick at 17 that won't be there with a late pick we can buy in for...

Again drafting size for the sake of having size isn't effective if the guy can't play.

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10928

Maybe we can get him later...maybe not. His stock is rising and he is a 6'5" PG and best passer in the draft. If he is on board we MUST take him.

Kiyaman

Legend
Whats best for the Knicks......

I'm praying like hell that "Kenneth Faried" is there at our 17th pick....
the teams with the 8th pick to the 16th pick all need Kenneth Faried (NBA
ready) above the rim shotblocking & rebounding services in their rotation.

The Knicks Big-3 would be on their way to a 50+ win season having
defensive-depth in 6.3 Douglas/6.7 Fields/and 6.8 Faried on the roster
with a $62M cap in the 2011-12 season.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I would like to add the BIG-Strong-Body of "Mozgov" in a Knick uniform
with a rookie Kenneth Faried on the roster.
:thumbsup:

P.S. I see many Knick-Fans on this board wanting to select high scoring-
players out of this draft-class at the 17th pick, these scoring draft players
were their college teams first option on offense. Knicks-Fans are FORGETTING
so quick the Knicks have a BIG-3 now that is the first-scoring option in the
starting lineup and the bench lineup. Plus with a $62M cap the Knicks have
the option of signing a veteran scoring-guard in Jason Richardson, while
also having a high IQ multi-positional improved Landry Fields in the rotation.
What does PG-Toney Douglas give to this Knicks team?
TD relentless defensive pressure on oponents PG bringing up the ball
gives the Knicks players enough time to get back on defense to setup
on defense.....the Knicks only need a defensive-headcoach to direct
and guide them from that point on...

Marek

Benchwarmer
I'm with Trill. I'm tired of the tweeners, and an undersized Faried is one of them. Where would he play? He can't fill our hole at center. At best, I see Faried as a 7th or 8th man. If he comes in to play the 5, that means Amare will be racking up some rough mileage going forward as NY goes small with Amare/Faried/Melo as our front court.

Yes, a 7' guy who can't rebound is not a better solution. But there are 7' guys who can rebound and bang and be good enough in their role at the 5 to let Amare be the physical beast he is at the 4.

That's why I'd rather get a sharpshooter like Klay to spread the floor for our elite front court. Or trade down for a solid backup PG with good NBA potential like Jenkins or Shumpert. Or trade up and kill two birds with one stone and get a sharpshooting PG who can spread the floor like Jimmer (I know, I know, no defense...).

I wouldn't be pissed off about getting Faried, but I'm not excited about him, either. Nonetheless, if he's the best guy on the board at #17, then welcome to NY!

We don't have a true backup PF, Shawne Williams isn't going to cut it, he's more of a SF. Kenneth Faried will be that guy, he has a motor that never ends and he's a great defender. Unless you guys want Amare to burn out like last season.

Billups- TD - AC
Fields - TD - Walker
Melo - Shawne - Walker
Amare - Faried - Shawne
Jordan (Give Jordan 30mpg) - Faried - Jeffries?

= Pretty solid if you ask me

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
I don't think he has the upside of Jordan Hill and we know how Hill worked out for the Knicks and Houston. The dude compares himself to Dennis Rodman because he can't shoot jumpers, free throws and has to learn how to play in the post. He's actually 6'6 1/2 without shoes 6'8" (being generous) with shoes.

So basically you are getting a kid with desire but a limited game that lacks height and didn't play against division 1 competition. If the Knicks pick him I see Renaldo Balkman all over again.

Last edited: