Here's A Swing In The Dark!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Man.

It's ****ing hard to come up with a decent trade on the ol' ESPN trade machine.

I had a (frustrating) go at it, and this was about as good a trade, for us, that I could concoct.

New York Knicks
Payroll = $66,576,486

Cap Room = -$8,532,486

kevin-love-31-rebounds.jpg

Kevin Love$3.6M 24.4
PF 2 Years

Jonny Flynn$3.2M 7.1
PG 3 Years

N. Pekovic$4.3M 11.3
C 3 Years

Acquiring 3 Players
$11.1M

Hollinger's Analysis: -4 Wins
With this trade you have decreased this team's projected wins by 4. Who gives a **** about Hollinger's 'D'Antoni-esque' +/- BS?

Los Angeles Lakers
Payroll = $90,381,756

Michael-Beasley-Screaming.jpg

Cap Room = -$32,337,756

C. Billups$13.2M 18.8
PG 2 Years

+ NY's 17th pick.

Chauncey-Billups.jpg

M. Beasley$5.0M 15.5
PF 2 Years
Acquiring 2 Players
$18.1M

Hollinger's Analysis: -7 Wins
With this trade you have decreased this team's projected wins by 7.

Minnesota Timberwolves
Payroll
$54,275,606
Cap Room
$3,768,394
PlayerSalary PER

Pau Gasol$17.8M 23.3
PF 4 Years

T. Douglas$1.1M 15.2

048_toney_douglas--300x300.jpg

G 3 Years
Acquiring 2 Players
$18.9M
Hollinger's Analysis: +3 Wins
With this trade you have increased this team's projected wins by 3.

This was the article/rumour that kindled my trade idea.

nba_g_gasol_rubio_576.jpg

Minnesota is very interested in Gasol

ESPN famous reporter Chad Ford said on Thursday local time, Minnesota will likely trade their No. 2 draft picks, and their objects of interest, including Lakers star Pau Gasol.

Ford said: ?They have not started talking about trading with other teams, so that people feel they want to keep this pick, but I feel that if the right opportunity, they will do the deal, who?s the Lakers ? Paul Gasol very interested, willing to pay if the Wizards JaVale McGee, they may pursue, they want to have a player, which the same level as partner Rubio in height and athleticism .

http://www.greatjersey.com/blog/nba/minnesota-timberwolves/minnesota-is-very-interested-in-gasol

Knicks Roster

Flynn
Fields
Melo
STAT
Love

Rautins:barf:
Walker
Tuffiaf
AC
Jerome Jordan
Shawne Williams
Pekovic
Balkman

And whoever we can add to the team.

Trade Cons:

-Leaves a big hole at the point guard spot for us, with Flynn as our only PG.

-Lakers PG woes are centred around aquiring youth as according to Magic Johnson. They're interested in Felton though, which could leave them somehow able to trade Chauncey back to Denver who already have Lawson. That is the back breaker right there.

-Would Minnesota consider Love for Pao a good call with their difference in age and cost? I don't think so. Kahn would do anything for Ricky though, by the looks of things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doctor Love, Flynn and an enormous Euro Spud to NY.

You do better! - Does not include DontForgetDerekHarper, whose trade for Gortat was a good one.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I think they only want Gasol in order to play alongside Love. Losing Love for Gasol makes no sense and does not bring them closer to a title.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It is a swing in the dark!

Surely the 'rape pendulum' between us and Minny has to be leaning further our way.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
no to this deal. love is again an undersized 5. having him and stat as our defensive frontline is doomed for failure.