Knicks close on getting #30?

jpz17

Starter
The New York Knicks are believed to be moving in on a deal to acquire the 30th overall pick from the Chicago Bulls according to sources. The Knicks have told a number of players projected in the early second round that they would and could acquire an additional pick to take them. The problem is this is exactly what the Knicks said last year and did not end up taking any of the players they pledged to draft nor did they follow through on acquiring additional picks.It is worth noting that Bulls sources have said it is unlikely that they use both of their first round picks, the 28th and 30th overall, so the rumors of the Knicks moving on the 30 lines up with what Chicago is saying.

It just begs the question for me which is: Why would the Bulls do the Knicks any favors?
If the Knicks can score 30 and then land a 2nd round pick, which they?ve easily done in the past, then this could be a grand slam night for the Knicks if they fit the right pieces. A player like Andrew Goudelock makes total sense, but don?t discount Chandler Parsons as well.
http://www.theknicksblog.com/2011/06/22/knicks-closing-in-on-30/

I'm disappointed I posted this first.. you guys gotta get on top of your game!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
This would be great! I'm really excited about the draft this year. We have our superstars and All-Star champion PG in place, so no concerns in those areas. This is gonna be fun.

This would be great! I'm really excited about the draft this year. We have our superstars and All-Star champion PG in place, so no concerns in those areas. This is gonna be fun.

yeh I agree :) but I love how all of the ESPN guys are calling this draft very weak just becuase there are no stand out guys in the first 3 or 5 picks, but the middle of the draft is really strong. I think the mid draf is stronger than the last 3 years draft.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
yeh I agree :) but I love how all of the ESPN guys are calling this draft very weak just becuase there are no stand out guys in the first 3 or 5 picks, but the middle of the draft is really strong. I think the mid draf is stronger than the last 3 years draft.

Nah, 2008 was strong as hell thru and thru. But I'm definitely not as low on this draft as all of the "experts" are.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If we could swing Alec Burks with the #17 pick and Jeremy Tyler with the #30 pick I would cum in my pants

Or if we could pick Faried/Vuvecic with the #17 pick and Selby/Jenkins with the #30 pick that would be awesome too.

If we could swing Alec Burks with the #17 pick and Jeremy Tyler with the #30 pick I would cum in my pants

Or if we could pick Faried/Vuvecic with the #17 pick and Selby/Jenkins with the #30 pick that would be awesome too.

faried and selby sound amazing..... I'm not to high on burks, he can drive to the hoop but his shooting is very spotty. If we oculd some how land klay thompson or bismack I would be sooooo happy. We need to get selby with the 2nd pick we buy.

Wargames

Starter
I could see the knicks trading Bill Walker and some cash to them for #30.

It makes sense. Bill Walker is better than any SG they can probably get at Pick number #30 and his contract is cheap and 1 year so if he turns into a busts its no real lost and considering they have to re-sign and give Derrick Rose his payday soon. It gives them some security until they figure out a trade for boozer or noah for a better SG.

As for the Knicks many mocks show a good number of decent PG such as Darius Morris, Reggie Jackson, or Charles Jenkins falling into the second round. If the Knickks get Marshon Brooks (or if Alec Burke Falls :beer:) and use 30 to have their pick of all of those PG's the Knicks will be in a great place.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Chandler Parsons

They could draft Chandler Parsons, re-sign Wilson Chandler, and then hire a team minister named Parson Wilson!!!! Woo-hoo :)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
don't want to start a new thread so i'll go a little off-topic but for those of you who have been following this year's class, and college ball in general, does my man Vlad Moldoveanu stand a chance in making it into the league? I don't see him on the draft board and i'm not really sure what happens with the rest of the undrafted guys so i'm looking for a little bit of info on this. I know he had some workouts with the Wizards and the Knicks this week. He played at first for George Mason and two years ago or so moved to the Patriot League with the American University where he had pretty nice stats.