Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knicks trying to get Robin Lopez? Nash talks heating up?

We can always replace guards with other guards...if we can get a legit 7 footer entering his prime we need to do it!

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    If it costs us Douglas, fine.

If it costs us Douglas and Fields, 50/50.

If it costs us Turiaf, Douglas and the [potential] 30th pick, fine - no! - good.

Lopez has the experience, size, youth and mobility any team wants out of an NBA center.

Is he better than Jeffries? Yes, he is. Are you ****ing serious!?

Jeffries is a good help defender that guards the perimeter well. Is that what we need? If you say yes, you should slap your mother for failing.

We need an interior presence that can body opposing centres.

Does anyone, A-NY-ONE, remember Jermaine O'Neal in the Boston series? Does anyone remember how many front court players had career nights against us this year? Greg Monroe? Remember that? No. You do not.
    We need someone better than Jeffries.

We agree I think.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    I'm a broken record, I know. But we're a team that is simply incapable of a favourable defensive/offensive efficiency.

Our offence is ****.

Our defence is worse.

Boston were actually a worse rebounding team than their opponents all season. Except for one orange and blue exception. No point following through on that little fact. We all get it. Or do we?
    Btw not worried about the offense at all- nada- zilch

Its big or bust for me or we are doomed to keep hope alive as AMARE plays center to near exhaustion as we struggle for playoff position and get dominated by the Joel Anthonys of the world..smmfh!

Whether by trade, draft, coup... from the great US, to the plains of the Serengeti...

WE NEED A LEGIT BIG.

Before, BEFORE F*CKING B-E-F-O-R-E a Nash or Berea or Shempert or Jimmer OR ANYONE...

We need a big. THEN when we view what's needed after that... it all becomes so clear.

Trade sign draft I don't care we need a big.

We can find a player who avg 1.7pts in the playoffs! Or a streaky shooter with a bum shoulder. Without a big Stat, CB & Melo mean absolutely nothing except higher ticket prices and a big disappointment.

Who wants that?

Originally Posted by Red
    F*ck the list its the point that matters.

Why are we using "offense" and big in the same sentence?

Stat and Melo....HELLO!
    Among the worst in opponents fg%, and rebounds.....HELLO!

Big or bust!
    Oh Ok. I agree with you there and I stated it in my post on the first page why we don't need Robin to score for us if we get him. Just rebound, block shots, and play to your 7'0 frame. I was just wondering why you brought the ESPN article in that was all.

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Oh Ok. I agree with you there and I stated it in my post on the first page why we don't need Robin to score for us if we get him. Just rebound, block shots, and play to your 7'0 frame. I was just wondering why you brought the ESPN article in that was all.
    ...because it illustrated how having a big mixed in with our core statistically improved us. In that analysis it showed how much more effective Amare was next to a big.

Its sooooooo simple to me. IF your team lacks defense and rebounding

And it's time available for change (off-season)

You get bigs!

But further I intimate the two different scenarios based on priorities (because a team can't have it all, this isn't fantasy basketball)

Sc 1: we talk CP3, and Nash and T. Parker and all the GUARDS available at #17

...and once we go that route the slim big pickens become Jared Jeffries types! Just big for nothing!

-BUT-

In sc2: we talk size, best big available in the draft, or jettesoning Fields and or TD OR the pick for a legit big, then who are we really looking for with CB, Stat, Melo and a legit defender?

Those options however limited a player we get (spot up shooter) are far greater and we can actually target a player who possesses the SPECIFIC limited skills we covet.

Prioritize and for once we should stop this "we need shooters first" or " a passing pg first" before our starting line up is complete.

BIG is our PRIORITY.

What's the value of a race car that has 2 spare tires but a broken engine or broken frame? Nice to have but not what's needed. Fix the engine first, maybe sell one of those extra tires, then worry about the ancillary sh*t.

Big or Bust!

I agree to a certain extent, except that most bigs aren't NBA ready when drafted. The Hasheem Thabeet's and Kosta Kofus' (spelling?) are far more common than the Tyson Chandler and Noah's, when drafting.

Plus, some experts say centers don't really hit their stride in the NBA until their late 20s and 30.

We do have to get a big on this roster...that means bringing over Jerome Jordan, and maybe trading for Lopez, and then crossing your fingers. But under no circumstances do I give up "assets" to move up in the draft to get a player at the position that seems to be the hardest to draft and takes the longest to develop, if it develops at all.

A solid center is vital to winning, but there are only a handful of those in a league with 30 teams. Even Kanter and Valanciunas will be projects early on with no guarantees of ever hitting their stride in the NBA. Bioyombo has a lot of hype, but so did Thabeet...I mean....no.

Get a 2-guard, or back-up/PG of the future @ 17, buy an extra pick and get a tweener like Faried (not likely, he's probably gonna go right after we pick) or Hamilton if he's still there, and if you still feel compelled to get a center, get one in the second round.

I don't want that cap hold, and 4 years of a player's rights (if this rule is still in the new CBA) with a center that we gave up assets to get. It's sooooooo risky.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I agree to a certain extent, except that most bigs aren't NBA ready when drafted. The Hasheem Thabeet's and Kosta Kofus' (spelling?) are far more common than the Tyson Chandler and Noah's, when drafting.

Plus, some experts say centers don't really hit their stride in the NBA until their late 20s and 30.

We do have to get a big on this roster...that means bringing over Jerome Jordan, and maybe trading for Lopez, and then crossing your fingers. But under no circumstances do I give up "assets" to move up in the draft to get a player at the position that seems to be the hardest to draft and takes the longest to develop, if it develops at all.

A solid center is vital to winning, but there are only a handful of those in a league with 30 teams. Even Kanter and Valanciunas will be projects early on with no guarantees of ever hitting their stride in the NBA. Bioyombo has a lot of hype, but so did Thabeet...I mean....no.

Get a 2-guard, or back-up/PG of the future @ 17, buy an extra pick and get a tweener like Faried (not likely, he's probably gonna go right after we pick) or Hamilton if he's still there, and if you still feel compelled to get a center, get one in the second round.

I don't want that cap hold, and 4 years of a player's rights (if this rule is still in the new CBA) with a center that we gave up assets to get. It's sooooooo risky.

yeah.. im not big on these centers in the draft.. i think jerome jordan right now can outplay any center in this draft.. we nee instant contributions..

im on board with getting lopez via trade and drafting players like brooks/faried/shumpet/jenkins

How about Josh Smith? Lots of talk about him possibly being on the market. Slide Amare up to Center, but Smith at the 4 spot.. then we added much needed defense

Originally Posted by jpz17
    How about Josh Smith? Lots of talk about him possibly being on the market. Slide Amare up to Center, but Smith at the 4 spot.. then we added much needed defense
    Amare has already stated that he does not want to play center. Plus he's horrible at it.

Add to that the fact that

A. Can't afford Smoove
    B. He's rumored to go to the Magic.

You can't be serious with this post.. How many times have we seen Amare struggle defensively against bigger and beefier (no homo) centers? Amare is not a C.. He doesn't wanna play C.. Like he said in his ESPN interview the other day we need a throwback Shaq in his prime type C (Obviously not gonna happen). We need SIZE. Josh Smith is a pf like Amare. Neither can guard opposing Cs. And we have nothing of value to give up for Josh Smith anyway.