Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Thread: Draft Hours Away - Make Your Knicks Predictions

Tanguy NGUMBO

Now I fully believe we should draft a guy from the Congo. These names are priceless.

Originally Posted by platnumn
    Get ready to be cheering for....
    IMAN SHUMPERT!!

I think him, and the underrated rebounder from 'Cuse will come to us.

Or the 6'11 kid from USC, and a late guard.

No swingmen unless top crops are available.
    I TOTALLY called this!!!!!!! Ahahaha!!!!

I'm not mad though, sort of confused considering who was left. But I called that **** before everyone.

Originally Posted by platnumn
    I TOTALLY called this!!!!!!! Ahahaha!!!!

I'm not mad though, sort of confused considering who was left. But I called that **** before everyone.
    nah I called it b4 anyone lol

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I have had my beers and am not mad now. If he can actually defend as advertised it wont be a terrible pick, I was just so surprised that we didnt take singleton

lol Isaiah Thomas.

Billups / Douglas / Crittenton(?)
    Fields / Shumpert / Walker
    Carmelo / Williams
    Amar'e / Williams / Harrellson
    Turiaf / Jordan / Harrellson

IDK what this is.... I know they gotta make more moves because this is far from a contender

Originally Posted by Bunta
    I have had my beers and am not mad now. If he can actually defend as advertised it wont be a terrible pick, I was just so surprised that we didnt take singleton
    Nah man, your post was late, but all good. Just cause you started a thread, still started it late.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    Carmelo / Williams

IDK what this is.... I know they gotta make more moves because this is far from a contender
    We have to go after veterans like T-Mac.....We can't settle for that, and I don't think we will.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    Carmelo / Williams

I dont like that depth at all man we need to get a center or a legite backup point.

Originally Posted by mafra
    PLEASE stop with this "great" defensive player nonsense. I ACTUALLY watched him play at Ga Tech. I love Duke. Watch every game. Nolan Smith lit this kid up. Smith scored 29, shot 50 percent and ran circles around Chumpert. If Imam couldn't stop Smith, what do you think Wade will do to him? Chumpert also shot 4-16 against Duke (0-4 from 3).

Meanwhile... Singleton beat DUKE, almost all by himself. Held Singler in check and managed 18 points himself.
    I saw the same player that you saw. I was at Joe's Crab Shack eating when the pick was called and I nearly choked on a damn lobster claw. This organization is DOOMED. I'm so sick of watching our management run this team into the ground. I would take half of the posters here as our management over these fools. Terrible....JUST F***ING TERRIBLE!

We must of drafted him because his name rhymes with our team's nickname...CHUMPS.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    I saw the same player that you saw. I was at Joe's Crab Shack eating when the pick was called and I nearly choked on a damn lobster claw. This organization is DOOMED. I'm so sick of watching our management run this team into the ground. I would take half of the posters here as our management over these fools. Terrible....JUST F***ING TERRIBLE!

We must of drafted him because his name rhymes with our team's nickname...CHUMPS.

Sure, he's a measuring tape kid... just not a game tape prospect. He can run, jump and has long arms... problem is he can't shoot or pass.

Then, as if it couldn;t get worse... we actually spend money to draft a player nobody would take (Josh Harrellson). Only the KNICKS could take a player who made me long for Brian Zoubek.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Yeah Shumpert sucked against Duke, he's totally useless and not worth ever considering to be anything close to a remotely decent player because he had a bad game against a good team that was coming off a championship season and is coached by one of the all-time great college ball coaches. Yeah, Shumpert totally sucks.
    In the interest of full disclosure... I was one of the posters saying we should draft Shumpert. I figured trading for a late 1st might not get the job done, for his measurables shot him from a 2nd rounder to a mid 20s selection.

I was on board IF Jimmer, Thompson, Singleton, Burks were gone.

I just don't think drafting Shumpert over Singelton makes sense.

Pick was going to boil down to Donatas Motiejunas, Kenneth Faried or Shumpert... if most mocks were correct and the top 16 projected were gone.

Motiejunas is a true D'antoni C. Better than Mozgov. Faried can rebound. Shumpert is the athlete we could hopefully mold.

I would have been fine with either of these 3. But to pass on Singleton? ODD in my book. Odd indeed.

Why?

Well, his bball intelligence and instinct aren't great. Not a great passer. Wont work the pick and roll. So he's not really a PG. He can't shoot (especially the 3) so he's not the ideal SG. So what is he?

He was a solid 3 year player for GA Tech, in the ACC. He is one of the more physically talented combo guards in this draft.

SO... can we help him him shoot better? Why not? But how long will that take. At the end of the day, he was on my list... so I'll stop making fun of him. He had a great game against UNC, and even against FLA St.

PLUS, this kid can rebound. So, he's sort of like a poor man's version of T-Evans.