Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: #17 Pick Nyk - Iman Shumpert

Originally Posted by Carmelo Iz Filthy
    Il iek him but hes not worth the 17th pick at all, chris singleton could guard the 2,3,4 better than iman who can only guards the 1 and 2...... reallly bad pick.
    Correction IMAN at 6-5" can cover 1s, 2s, and 3s

His lateral footwork is exceptional

have ever seen him play?

allow for practice to arrive

this kid worked out more than once and was

better than Singleton along with Jenkins

He will contribute

Originally Posted by finestrg
    True..Wasn't a terrible pick..Good comparison to Tony Allen btw..That wouldn't be terrible at all.
    yeh but Idk how u pass up chris singleton who plays better D and can guard the 2,3,4, and iman can only gaurd the 1 and 2...... the guy wasnt even at the draft, that should tell u enough. and iman played in a easier divsion that chris singleton and singleton still had better numbers offensively and defensivly.

Originally Posted by KnickFanInKC
    we had that already and let em walk.

his name. Corey Brewer.
    Yup this dude is gonna ride the bench like Brewer did and then we'll probably let him go for nothing. This pick reeked of Dumbtoni. Washington is counting their blessings the stupid Knicks we're in front of them...

Superstar

I can't see taking Shumpert over Marshon Brooks myself...Brooks is by far and away a much better talent offensively (not even close) and Brooks, with his athleticism and length, has a chance to be a good defender himself...In addition to his scoring, Brooks averaged 1.5 steals and 1.2 blocks and 7 rebs...People forget that..Plus Brooks is a very good ballhandler and capable passer..The potential's there for a much better 2-way player imo -- Brooks over Shumpert.
    Last edited by finestrg; Jun 23, 2011 at 21:04.

Originally Posted by serendipity10
    Like Spike Lee said I trust Donnie Walsh judgement.

I was also shocked with Faried, Hamilton and Singleton still on the board. I also felt if the Knicks were going to draft a sg it would be Marshon Brooks. Another person I was high on was Klay to bad he's just that good and got picked earlier.
    After Jordan Hill... I wouldn't trust in Walsh too much. Look at his 26 years drafting... More bust than boom, for sure.

I understand not wanting a smaller front court, so he avoids a Faried & Singleton... BUt he couldn't trade back?

Of all the guards to draft he takes the one with the worst offense game? We basically took him b/c he has an nba body, comes from a good family, and works hard. His on court skills and game (talent) doesnt warrant the selection.

Then again, I just go by what I've seen of him in a few games every year (I watch mainly ACC ball). He was decent. I'm sure they saw something in the workouts they like.

But... he's not the facilitator to be a PG, he can't shoot from outside (so D'antoni wont like him) and he's really not that good on offense to be a starting SG. SO, we have another Landry Fields. How does this help?

AGAIN... I dont want to hear about his defense. When he holds Wade or Kobe to 21 points on 6-17 shooting... then I'll start buying into him.

Superstar

Brooks just went to Boston..Arrrrrr! What's that say about Avery Bradley???

Excellent pickup for Boston with Allen and Pierce getting older..

Originally Posted by NYKNICKS4LIFE

have ever seen him play?

He will contribute

I'm sure Antoni will have him guarding our opponents 4 and 5... without a doubt. I feel like the blue guy right now... This organization is going to suck until Antoni is gone.

Originally Posted by NYKNICKS4LIFE

have ever seen him play?

He will contribute

PRACTICE? LOL. Sure, he's Mr. Noon. Great at practice... but unfortunately games only count when the bright lights turn on.

I LOVE DUKE. WATCH EVERY GAME. Want to hear what Chumpert did against Duke? He was 4-16 (0-4 from 3) and Nolan Smith nearly scored 30, shooting 50%.

So, if Imam couldn't stop Nolan Smith, what do you think Wade will do to him?

I gotta give the kid a chance. His combine NBA measurables ranked 2nd in this years draft. You know he'll learn to shoot the ball better under MOA (Man I hate this coach) combine that with his athleticism and defense we may have a keeper.

Well atleast we have Amar'e and Melo hopefully we can get Robin Lopez in a Nash deal or something :sigh:

Superstar

Marshon Brooks on his way to the Jersey now in exchange for the Nets' 1st, Juan Johnson, and a future 2..Wonderful. For a team that needs everything behind Amar'e and Melo, I don't think we're being aggressive enough right now, to be perfectly honest.

If all we do tonight is come away with Iman Shumpert, I'm gonna be super pissed off, I can tell you that. We better grab a Keith Benson or a Rick Jackson in the 2nd round coming up..At least do something to address the rebounding problem in addition to this disappointing reach for Shumpert.
    Last edited by finestrg; Jun 23, 2011 at 21:14.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    I'm sure Antoni will have him guarding our opponents 4 and 5... without a doubt. I feel like the blue guy right now... This organization is going to suck until Antoni is gone.
    LMao..

Maybe it's the Walsh sabotage?

*que the Kiyaman

Originally Posted by Carmelo Iz Filthy
    +1 un- ****ing- real
    If Donny just had to have this moron we could of drafted him in the second round. With top 12 talent still available and our need for some size, rebounding and defense, we decide to go with this douche. Seriously?

It's no wonder we always trade away our picks, we can't draft players to save our lives. We could have the first pick and we would take a damn no-name PG from Russia. We need a management overhaul....BAD!

Veteran

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Yup this dude is gonna ride the bench like Brewer did and then we'll probably let him go for nothing. This pick reeked of Dumbtoni. Washington is counting their blessings the stupid Knicks we're in front of them...
    How the hell does this pick reek of D'Antoni? Do you think D'Antoni would EVER draft a shooting guard who can't hit a three pointer to save his life? Not a chance.

A D'Antoni pick would've been to use this on some Euro jumpshooter

Originally Posted by Red
    LMao..

Maybe it's the Walsh sabotage?

*que the Kiyaman
    LOL Maybe.... Or maybe Ray Felton called Donny and told him Shumpert was the "REAL DEAL"... like he did with Derrick Brown... GIVE ME A F*CKING BREAK... This organization consistantly f*cks itself and we all have to sit here and act like we like it. ugh!