TYPE-A
............Huh?

Singleton sizes up draft process and Knicks
June, 23, 2011
JUN 23
3:45
PM ET

By Jared Zwerling

Earlier this morning at the Westin Hotel, I met up with green room invite Chris Singleton, who's been high on the Knicks' prospect radar since the pre-draft process started in May. His defensive shut-down skills, long-range shooting ability and athleticism (he has a 37.5" vertical leap) would be great additions to the Knicks. Singleton and I spoke about many topics, including his experience the past two months working out and interviewing with teams, and thoughts on teaming up with Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony in New York.

SG who think they will just shoot uncontested against the NYK

got a whole another thing coming

his first name "IMAN" alone will strike fear all those who oppose

the NYK Championship Run 2012:beer::thumbsup::gony:

Il iek him but hes not worth the 17th pick at all, chris singleton could guard the 2,3,4 better than iman who can only guards the 1 and 2...... reallly bad pick.

finestrg

Rotation player
we had that already and let em walk.

his name. Corey Brewer.

That's an excellent point. Not only that but supposedly we just worked out Javaris Crittenton in that 2-day FA mini-camp we just held and really liked him. Crittenton compares very favorable to Shumpert and guess what? We can go out and get him FOR NOTHING! PLUS we still have Toney Douglas who's a similar defense-first combo guard to Shumpert (only a little smaller) except TD's probably a better offensive player. Definitely a better shooter...I mean take Nolan Smith and go for the more natural point guard if you wanted to go that route, no? I don't get it..Hey they loved Shumpert and that's that I guess..

I really wanted Vucevic -- too bad the Sixers beat us on him by one pick..WTF happened to moving up in this draft??? Let's see what else happens...Hopefully we acquire an extra pick or two and add some more talent.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Like Spike Lee said I trust Donnie Walsh judgement.

I was also shocked with Faried, Hamilton and Singleton still on the board. I also felt if the Knicks were going to draft a sg it would be Marshon Brooks. Another person I was high on was Klay to bad he's just that good and got picked earlier.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Exactly. We could have signed Javaris Crittendon to a minimum-level contract. Then we could've picked up Chris Singleton or Marshon Brooks.

I know Shumpert is a good defender but Singleton was a good defender too and let's not forget Singleton actually had some offensive game. I know Shumpert is athletic and strong but other than that...

I dunno. At the end of the day if he ends up being the next Tony Allen I won't complain about it.

finestrg

Rotation player
Agree. I like Brooks a lot more than Shumpert..I'm surprised Brooks is still available..Continues to slip.

yeh but bro iman wasnt at the draft lol he knew he didnt htink he would go in the first round, maybe its payback for not listening to walsh idk maybe walsh ****ed us over , u never know

finestrg

Rotation player
Exactly. We could have signed Javaris Crittendon to a minimum-level contract. Then we could've picked up Chris Singleton or Marshon Brooks.

I know Shumpert is a good defender but Singleton was a good defender too and let's not forget Singleton actually had some offensive game. I know Shumpert is athletic and strong but other than that...

I dunno. At the end of the day if he ends up being the next Tony Allen I won't complain about it.

True..Wasn't a terrible pick..Good comparison to Tony Allen btw..That wouldn't be terrible at all.

mafra

Legend
If he turns out to be as good as Gerald Wilkens we'll be lucky. But defending college kids in the ACC doesn't mean you can defend Wade, Kobe, Rose and Allen. Nobody in the world can lock those guys down. I seriously doubt Chumpert will be effective. Another Fields, but this time we got that at 17 instead of the second round.

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
Il iek him but hes not worth the 17th pick at all, chris singleton could guard the 2,3,4 better than iman who can only guards the 1 and 2...... reallly bad pick.

Correction IMAN at 6-5" can cover 1s, 2s, and 3s

His lateral footwork is exceptional

have ever seen him play?

allow for practice to arrive

this kid worked out more than once and was

better than Singleton along with Jenkins

He will contribute

111296_NBA_Draft_Basketball.jpg

True..Wasn't a terrible pick..Good comparison to Tony Allen btw..That wouldn't be terrible at all.

yeh but Idk how u pass up chris singleton who plays better D and can guard the 2,3,4, and iman can only gaurd the 1 and 2...... the guy wasnt even at the draft, that should tell u enough. and iman played in a easier divsion that chris singleton and singleton still had better numbers offensively and defensivly.

KingofNy

Starter
we had that already and let em walk.

his name. Corey Brewer.

Yup this dude is gonna ride the bench like Brewer did and then we'll probably let him go for nothing. This pick reeked of Dumbtoni. Washington is counting their blessings the stupid Knicks we're in front of them... :boohoo:

finestrg

Rotation player
I can't see taking Shumpert over Marshon Brooks myself...Brooks is by far and away a much better talent offensively (not even close) and Brooks, with his athleticism and length, has a chance to be a good defender himself...In addition to his scoring, Brooks averaged 1.5 steals and 1.2 blocks and 7 rebs...People forget that..Plus Brooks is a very good ballhandler and capable passer..The potential's there for a much better 2-way player imo -- Brooks over Shumpert.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Like Spike Lee said I trust Donnie Walsh judgement.

I was also shocked with Faried, Hamilton and Singleton still on the board. I also felt if the Knicks were going to draft a sg it would be Marshon Brooks. Another person I was high on was Klay to bad he's just that good and got picked earlier.

After Jordan Hill... I wouldn't trust in Walsh too much. Look at his 26 years drafting... More bust than boom, for sure.

I understand not wanting a smaller front court, so he avoids a Faried & Singleton... BUt he couldn't trade back?

Of all the guards to draft he takes the one with the worst offense game? We basically took him b/c he has an nba body, comes from a good family, and works hard. His on court skills and game (talent) doesnt warrant the selection.

Then again, I just go by what I've seen of him in a few games every year (I watch mainly ACC ball). He was decent. I'm sure they saw something in the workouts they like.

But... he's not the facilitator to be a PG, he can't shoot from outside (so D'antoni wont like him) and he's really not that good on offense to be a starting SG. SO, we have another Landry Fields. How does this help?

AGAIN... I dont want to hear about his defense. When he holds Wade or Kobe to 21 points on 6-17 shooting... then I'll start buying into him.

finestrg

Rotation player
Brooks just went to Boston..Arrrrrr! What's that say about Avery Bradley???

Excellent pickup for Boston with Allen and Pierce getting older..

KingofNy

Starter

have ever seen him play?

He will contribute

I'm sure Antoni will have him guarding our opponents 4 and 5... without a doubt. :kinky:I feel like the blue guy right now... This organization is going to suck until Antoni is gone.

mafra

Legend

have ever seen him play?

He will contribute

PRACTICE? LOL. Sure, he's Mr. Noon. Great at practice... but unfortunately games only count when the bright lights turn on.

I LOVE DUKE. WATCH EVERY GAME. Want to hear what Chumpert did against Duke? He was 4-16 (0-4 from 3) and Nolan Smith nearly scored 30, shooting 50%.

So, if Imam couldn't stop Nolan Smith, what do you think Wade will do to him?

I gotta give the kid a chance. His combine NBA measurables ranked 2nd in this years draft. You know he'll learn to shoot the ball better under MOA (Man I hate this coach) combine that with his athleticism and defense we may have a keeper.

la2ny

Starter
Well atleast we have Amar'e and Melo :( hopefully we can get Robin Lopez in a Nash deal or something :sigh: