#17 Pick Nyk - Iman Shumpert

finestrg

Rotation player
Marshon Brooks on his way to the Jersey now in exchange for the Nets' 1st, Juan Johnson, and a future 2..Wonderful. For a team that needs everything behind Amar'e and Melo, I don't think we're being aggressive enough right now, to be perfectly honest.

If all we do tonight is come away with Iman Shumpert, I'm gonna be super pissed off, I can tell you that. We better grab a Keith Benson or a Rick Jackson in the 2nd round coming up..At least do something to address the rebounding problem in addition to this disappointing reach for Shumpert.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
I'm sure Antoni will have him guarding our opponents 4 and 5... without a doubt. :kinky:I feel like the blue guy right now... This organization is going to suck until Antoni is gone.
LMao..

Maybe it's the Walsh sabotage? :nana:

*que the Kiyaman

KingofNy

Starter
+1 un- ****ing- real

If Donny just had to have this moron we could of drafted him in the second round. With top 12 talent still available and our need for some size, rebounding and defense, we decide to go with this douche. Seriously?

It's no wonder we always trade away our picks, we can't draft players to save our lives. We could have the first pick and we would take a damn no-name PG from Russia. We need a management overhaul....BAD!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yup this dude is gonna ride the bench like Brewer did and then we'll probably let him go for nothing. This pick reeked of Dumbtoni. Washington is counting their blessings the stupid Knicks we're in front of them... :boohoo:

How the hell does this pick reek of D'Antoni? Do you think D'Antoni would EVER draft a shooting guard who can't hit a three pointer to save his life? Not a chance.

A D'Antoni pick would've been to use this on some Euro jumpshooter

KingofNy

Starter
LMao..

Maybe it's the Walsh sabotage? :nana:

*que the Kiyaman

LOL Maybe.... Or maybe Ray Felton called Donny and told him Shumpert was the "REAL DEAL"... like he did with Derrick Brown... GIVE ME A F*CKING BREAK... This organization consistantly f*cks itself and we all have to sit here and act like we like it. ugh!

KingofNy

Starter
How the hell does this pick reek of D'Antoni? Do you think D'Antoni would EVER draft a shooting guard who can't hit a three pointer to save his life? Not a chance.

A D'Antoni pick would've been to use this on some Euro jumpshooter

It reeks of D'Antoni because he likes to run a small lineup and with Iman he gets a guy who can score (he averaged 17+PPG) and a defender who he can have cover the 1-4, and maybe even 5 occasionally (In Antoni's mind). Don't you see this? When has Antoni ever coveted a big man? Don't say Shaq because they were like oil and water. There's no doubt about it, this was a terrible pick! We could of had him in the second round or even better we could of had the same player if we didn't give Corey Brewer to Dallas for a phone card.

Red

TYPE-A
LOL Maybe.... Or maybe Ray Felton called Donny and told him Shumpert was the "REAL DEAL"... like he did with Derrick Brown... GIVE ME A F*CKING BREAK... This organization consistantly f*cks itself and we all have to sit here and act like we like it. ugh!

be fair...

givem' a shot. See what he can do (or what MOA can do with him).

May lead to a Landry Trade?

May lead to a lock-down defender?

May be Jordan Hill...?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It reeks of D'Antoni because he likes to run a small lineup and with Iman he gets a guy who can score (he averaged 17+PPG) and a defender who he can have cover the 1-4, and maybe even 5 occasionally (In Antoni's mind). Don't you see this? When has Antoni ever coveted a big man? Don't say Shaq because they were like oil and water. There's no doubt about it, this was a terrible pick! We could of had him in the second round or even better we could of had the same player if we didn't give Corey Brewer to Dallas for a phone card.

I'm not saying this was a good pick but you're an idiot if you think D'Antoni would want a player like Shumpert whose only strong point is that he can play pretty solid defense. D'Antoni doesn't want defensive players. D'Antoni would've drafted Nikola Mirotic or somebody whose offensive game depends on shooting 3's like Shelvin Mack.

KingofNy

Starter
be fair...

givem' a shot. See what he can do (or what MOA can do with him).

May lead to a Landry Trade?

May lead to a lock-down defender?

May be Jordan Hill...?

We can only hope and dream.... Seriously though, this is the year we really shouldn't of had to reach to get a decent pick... and what do we do? The same thing we always do... Reach, Reach and reach some more.

There is about 20 players I would have been happier taking over Iman. This move hurts us more than you might think. Players around the league know when a team's management sucks and I think they wont want to come here if this team keeps making bad decisions like this. Heck I don't think our own players trust them to make good basketball/coaching decisions.

Hopefully you're right and he's trade bait. But after all the crap we're getting for drafting him so high, I doubt anyone's going to be kicking down the door to get him from us. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Man the Wizards are the biiiiggggg winners in this draft lol. they got the dunking ninja and chris singleton..... you dont know how happy they are right now to get a guy that was projected to be a top 12 pick.

KingofNy

Starter
I'm not saying this was a good pick but you're an idiot if you think D'Antoni would want a player like Shumpert whose only strong point is that he can play pretty solid defense. D'Antoni doesn't want defensive players. D'Antoni would've drafted Nikola Mirotic or somebody whose offensive game depends on shooting 3's like Shelvin Mack.

D'Antoni does want defensive players, that's why we picked up JJ at the end of the season. He just doesn't want defenders that can't run a 4.5 or that will slow his pace down at all. He know's we can't have a full team of Shelvin Mack's.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
I'm not mad that they got Shumpert. But at 17?! Come on if they wanted him they could have got him in the second round. We had Singleton and Faried at our figuretips and basically let them fall. Nothing else is going to happen tonight with the Knicks like always. Shumpert is staying and we'll have to wait and see. Damn I wanted Singleton. The kid is going to destroy in the NBA. He is so going to prove the other teams that didn't pick him wrong.

jpz17

Starter
Well.... I'd rather pick for best available than what we need honestly. I don't expect we will keep this guy.... but.. maybe it'll be like Fields, you never know. And with Billups here he has been famous for mentoring young PG

I'm not mad that they got Shumpert. But at 17?! Come on if they wanted him they could have got him in the second round. We had Singleton and Faried at our figuretips and basically let them fall. Nothing else is going to happen tonight with the Knicks like always. Shumpert is staying and we'll have to wait and see. Damn I wanted Singleton. The kid is going to destroy in the NBA. He is so going to prove the other teams that didn't pick him wrong.

yeh bro I know the knicks ****ed up big time lol, honeycutt fell all the way to 35th, iman could have fallen deep.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
yeh bro I know the knicks ****ed up big time lol, honeycutt fell all the way to 35th, iman could have fallen deep.

My only knock is why did the Knicks draft a Tony D. 2.0? I understand they needed defense and rebounding more than anything. Singleton and Faried would have def been that. Supposedly on Alan Hahn's Twitter he posted that the Knicks are looking into to buy a second round pick. This was about 20 mins ago. I doubt it but who knows. If they do please draft Tyler. We need a C bad!

nuckles2k2

Superstar
My only knock is why did the Knicks draft a Tony D. 2.0? I understand they needed defense and rebounding more than anything. Singleton and Faried would have def been that. Supposedly on Alan Hahn's Twitter he posted that the Knicks are looking into to buy a second round pick. This was about 20 mins ago. I doubt it but who knows. If they do please draft Tyler. We need a C bad!

He's gone.

yeh well TD is going to be traded to clevland for sessions I can Gurantee that right now.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
He's gone.

Just saw it. There goes that. Is this team ever going to get a C? Not as long as Dantoni is coach. This guy seriously has to go and go now. No way are we going to have a traditional starting five with this guy. Always have to cater to him. It's getting annoying and stupid.

Just saw it. There goes that. Is this team ever going to get a C? Not as long as Dantoni is coach. This guy seriously has to go and go now. No way are we going to have a traditional starting five with this guy. Always have to cater to him. It's getting annoying and stupid.

lol we still need a back up PG lol wat happned to the knicks buying a 2nd round pick selby is still ****ing there.