Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: #17 Pick Nyk - Iman Shumpert

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    How the hell does this pick reek of D'Antoni? Do you think D'Antoni would EVER draft a shooting guard who can't hit a three pointer to save his life? Not a chance.

A D'Antoni pick would've been to use this on some Euro jumpshooter
    It reeks of D'Antoni because he likes to run a small lineup and with Iman he gets a guy who can score (he averaged 17+PPG) and a defender who he can have cover the 1-4, and maybe even 5 occasionally (In Antoni's mind). Don't you see this? When has Antoni ever coveted a big man? Don't say Shaq because they were like oil and water. There's no doubt about it, this was a terrible pick! We could of had him in the second round or even better we could of had the same player if we didn't give Corey Brewer to Dallas for a phone card.

Norris Cole > Iman

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    LOL Maybe.... Or maybe Ray Felton called Donny and told him Shumpert was the "REAL DEAL"... like he did with Derrick Brown... GIVE ME A F*CKING BREAK... This organization consistantly f*cks itself and we all have to sit here and act like we like it. ugh!
    be fair...

givem' a shot. See what he can do (or what MOA can do with him).

May lead to a Landry Trade?

May lead to a lock-down defender?

May be Jordan Hill...?

Veteran

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    It reeks of D'Antoni because he likes to run a small lineup and with Iman he gets a guy who can score (he averaged 17+PPG) and a defender who he can have cover the 1-4, and maybe even 5 occasionally (In Antoni's mind). Don't you see this? When has Antoni ever coveted a big man? Don't say Shaq because they were like oil and water. There's no doubt about it, this was a terrible pick! We could of had him in the second round or even better we could of had the same player if we didn't give Corey Brewer to Dallas for a phone card.
    I'm not saying this was a good pick but you're an idiot if you think D'Antoni would want a player like Shumpert whose only strong point is that he can play pretty solid defense. D'Antoni doesn't want defensive players. D'Antoni would've drafted Nikola Mirotic or somebody whose offensive game depends on shooting 3's like Shelvin Mack.

Originally Posted by Red
    be fair...

givem' a shot. See what he can do (or what MOA can do with him).

May lead to a Landry Trade?

May lead to a lock-down defender?

May be Jordan Hill...?
    We can only hope and dream.... Seriously though, this is the year we really shouldn't of had to reach to get a decent pick... and what do we do? The same thing we always do... Reach, Reach and reach some more.

There is about 20 players I would have been happier taking over Iman. This move hurts us more than you might think. Players around the league know when a team's management sucks and I think they wont want to come here if this team keeps making bad decisions like this. Heck I don't think our own players trust them to make good basketball/coaching decisions.

Hopefully you're right and he's trade bait. But after all the crap we're getting for drafting him so high, I doubt anyone's going to be kicking down the door to get him from us. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Man the Wizards are the biiiiggggg winners in this draft lol. they got the dunking ninja and chris singleton..... you dont know how happy they are right now to get a guy that was projected to be a top 12 pick.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    I'm not saying this was a good pick but you're an idiot if you think D'Antoni would want a player like Shumpert whose only strong point is that he can play pretty solid defense. D'Antoni doesn't want defensive players. D'Antoni would've drafted Nikola Mirotic or somebody whose offensive game depends on shooting 3's like Shelvin Mack.
    D'Antoni does want defensive players, that's why we picked up JJ at the end of the season. He just doesn't want defenders that can't run a 4.5 or that will slow his pace down at all. He know's we can't have a full team of Shelvin Mack's.

I'm not mad that they got Shumpert. But at 17?! Come on if they wanted him they could have got him in the second round. We had Singleton and Faried at our figuretips and basically let them fall. Nothing else is going to happen tonight with the Knicks like always. Shumpert is staying and we'll have to wait and see. Damn I wanted Singleton. The kid is going to destroy in the NBA. He is so going to prove the other teams that didn't pick him wrong.

Well.... I'd rather pick for best available than what we need honestly. I don't expect we will keep this guy.... but.. maybe it'll be like Fields, you never know. And with Billups here he has been famous for mentoring young PG

Originally Posted by TheChosen1
    I'm not mad that they got Shumpert. But at 17?! Come on if they wanted him they could have got him in the second round. We had Singleton and Faried at our figuretips and basically let them fall. Nothing else is going to happen tonight with the Knicks like always. Shumpert is staying and we'll have to wait and see. Damn I wanted Singleton. The kid is going to destroy in the NBA. He is so going to prove the other teams that didn't pick him wrong.
    yeh bro I know the knicks ****ed up big time lol, honeycutt fell all the way to 35th, iman could have fallen deep.

Originally Posted by Carmelo Iz Filthy
    yeh bro I know the knicks ****ed up big time lol, honeycutt fell all the way to 35th, iman could have fallen deep.
    My only knock is why did the Knicks draft a Tony D. 2.0? I understand they needed defense and rebounding more than anything. Singleton and Faried would have def been that. Supposedly on Alan Hahn's Twitter he posted that the Knicks are looking into to buy a second round pick. This was about 20 mins ago. I doubt it but who knows. If they do please draft Tyler. We need a C bad!

My only knock is why did the Knicks draft a Tony D. 2.0? I understand they needed defense and rebounding more than anything. Singleton and Faried would have def been that. Supposedly on Alan Hahn's Twitter he posted that the Knicks are looking into to buy a second round pick. This was about 20 mins ago. I doubt it but who knows. If they do please draft Tyler. We need a C bad!
    He's gone.

yeh well TD is going to be traded to clevland for sessions I can Gurantee that right now.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    He's gone.
    Just saw it. There goes that. Is this team ever going to get a C? Not as long as Dantoni is coach. This guy seriously has to go and go now. No way are we going to have a traditional starting five with this guy. Always have to cater to him. It's getting annoying and stupid.

Just saw it. There goes that. Is this team ever going to get a C? Not as long as Dantoni is coach. This guy seriously has to go and go now. No way are we going to have a traditional starting five with this guy. Always have to cater to him. It's getting annoying and stupid.
    lol we still need a back up PG lol wat happned to the knicks buying a 2nd round pick selby is still ****ing there.