Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We didn't draft Faried, but...

Originally Posted by Wargames
    I feel the knicks are OD commited to get CP3 but I'll be honest I wish they went after a bunch of good players to round out the roster instead.
    nene isnt really a role player lol hes a top 5 center easy, and hes the most efficient one. I rather have nene over paul becuase of our major need of a true center. If you look at the last few championship teams they all had a great front court.

Lakers- Bynum, Gasol

Celtics- Kg, Big baby , and perkins

Mavs- Tyson chandler, cardinal, Brendan Haywood (I know he didnt play in the finals)

Heat- Shaq,Alonzo Mourning, haslem

Why do we have to make the same bad choice the heat did, the heat lost cuz they didnt have a good front court. We need a good center to compete for a chmpoionship simple as that. I'll take nene, or chandler over paul.

Originally Posted by Carmelo Iz Filthy
    nene isnt really a role player lol hes a top 5 center easy, and hes the most efficient one. I rather have nene over paul becuase of our major need of a true center. If you look at the last few championship teams they all had a great front court.

Lakers- Bynum, Gasol

Celtics- Kg, Big baby , and perkins

Mavs- Tyson chandler, cardinal, Brendan Haywood (I know he didnt play in the finals)

Heat- Shaq,Alonzo Mourning, haslem

Why do we have to make the same bad choice the heat did, the heat lost cuz they didnt have a good front court. We need a good center to compete for a chmpoionship simple as that. I'll take nene, or chandler over paul.
    Dude, are you not un-der-stand-ing-the-words-that-are-coming-out-of-my-mouth? Who said Nene was a role player? I said the Knicks don't have enough cap space this summer to afford the top free agents this summer like Nene.

Originally Posted by STAT1
    Dude, are you not un-der-stand-ing-the-words-that-are-coming-out-of-my-mouth? Who said Nene was a role player? I said the Knicks don't have enough cap space this summer to afford the top free agents this summer like Nene.
    jsut making a point, a true center would help us out way more than CP3, history doesnt lie and it repeats itself, if ur gona win a ring a good front court helps.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    oh I agree man. I should of said in 2012 they can sign a couple of good players.
    It's definitely an interesting quandary dude. Do you spend the big bucks on the home run signing, or do you split up the cap money on 2 or 3 very good players that can fill more holes? I guess it would all depend on who's available, but in general I always believe you take the best player available period because those are the guys that form the foundation of your franchise. With STAT & Melo already here, adding a guy like CP3 or Deron Williams would make the Knicks a powerhouse team for several years, probably a top championship contender. But I guess so would adding Bynum & Steve Nash. Decisions, decisions. Good position to be in that's for sure.

It's definitely an interesting quandary dude. Do you spend the big bucks on the home run signing, or do you split up the cap money on 2 or 3 very good players that can fill more holes? I guess it would all depend on who's available, but in general I always believe you take the best player available period because those are the guys that form the foundation of your franchise. With STAT & Melo already here, adding a guy like CP3 or Deron Williams would make the Knicks a powerhouse team for several years, probably a top championship contender. But I guess so would adding Bynum & Steve Nash. Decisions, decisions. Good position to be in that's for sure.
    yeh were def. in a good postion either way its a win win.... I think amare, melo, CP3 put the heats big 3 to shame.

jsut making a point, a true center would help us out way more than CP3, history doesnt lie and it repeats itself, if ur gona win a ring a good front court helps.
    I don't think Nene helps the Knicks as much as CP3 does, not even close. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. You're right that great big men that have played in the NBA have been a part of many championship teams, but so have great PG's, & in my mind Nene Hilario is not a great big man, he's good but not great. CP3 in my view is an alltime level talent at the PG position.

yeh were def. in a good postion either way its a win win.... I think amare, melo, CP3 put the heats big 3 to shame.
    No doubt. Can't believe that signing Bynum & Nash could be a "plan B" in any type of scenario but we actually have the cap space to make that a reality in 2012 if we play our cards right this summer. We'll either have our own "BIG 3" or the first "BIG 4" to match up with the Heat.

No doubt. Can't believe that signing Bynum & Nash could be a "plan B" in any type of scenario but we actually have the cap space to make that a reality in 2012 if we play our cards right this summer. We'll either have our own "BIG 3" or the first "BIG 4" to match up with the Heat.
    haha yeh I think bosh was overated, did the heat perfer bosh over amare?

haha yeh I think bosh was overated, did the heat perfer bosh over amare?
    Amare wanted his money that's why the Knicks got him. Otherwise he would have stayed in Phoenix. I don't think the Heat could have gotten him & Lebron both & still kept D Wade.

Bynum's a free agent next summer?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I wish we kept Anthony Randolph. I really did. ****. Could of been our Marcus Camby and is the perfect player next to Amare.

If Reggie Evans wants to come cheap then I wouldn't mind signing him at all.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I wish we kept Anthony Randolph. I really did. ****. Could of been our Marcus Camby and is the perfect player next to Amare.
    I hate that we traded him for basically nothing

That Minny trade was so pointless SMH.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Bynum's a free agent next summer?
    He'll be a Restricted FA, the Lakers own a team option on him for the '12-'13 season.

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    I hate that we traded him for basically nothing

That Minny trade was so pointless SMH.
    I'm pretty sure we had to make the Minny trade to unload Curry's contract without taking back any salary. But I agree it's a shame we gave him up for pennies on the dollar after getting him here in return for an Allstar calibre PF in David Lee.