Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who do u think are Biggest winners and losers of the draft?

Veteran

I'm very impressed with the Bobcats and the Nets. The "Cats" are a young team with a ton of diverse talent. The main issue with them will be in the coaching department.

The Nets are really shaping up, they have a banger to help out lopez and a highly underrated SG in Brooks. If D-Will stays that front court is going to give teams some serious problems. They still have this season and next summers draft to aquire additional pieces that will prepare them to compete for the NY fan base. I like what the Nets are doing, Their coach (A.Johnson) along with the NY fan base will make a lot of noise in the not so distant future.

The Knicks had some solid opportunities to get a bigman but I'm happy that they went for a defensive combo guard in Iman. I'm sure he'll surprise alot of people when he gets here. They didn't need another scorer because they already have that. Faried could have been good but that would have been more of an luxury than a immediate impact contributor.

Boston may be the biggest loser...they traded Brooks for Johnson...thinking he will be the replacement for Perkins and the Ol' O'neils.

With that said...It's still too early to tell how any of these guys will pan out. All of their success will depend on the chemistry of the team and the ability of the coach to use them to their best abilities....something the knicks might still be suffering from.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

winners- wizards, bobcats( walkers gonna be a big time level in the nba, i really think so ), and GS ( that team is really coming together )

losers. raptors easily no question about it. they shouldve taken walker they gonna regret passing him for C they didnt need.

Warriors
    Klay Thompson and Charles Jenkins can contribute right away and Jeremy Tyler is a good project.

we got a D Grade from Foxsports.....does it get any better then this

jordon hill was D'antoni's pick, that's why he called him a bad rookie. this pick is Walsh's, i have confidence in him and am looking for a real good player. 2nd round, the guy sounds like a banger, we should have a much better front line and he may get a lot better than even his tournament numbers. go Knicks, can't wait for the season to start.

The Wizards and the Bobcats. Jan Vesley is going to be a beast and Kemba is a great leader for a team that is struggling right now like the Bobcats,did I forget to mention that they got Bismack Biyombo as well? Oh yeah and the Cavs made the right choice by selecting Irving and Thompson was a great choice as well.
    Last edited by AmareForPresident; Jun 25, 2011 at 15:54.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    If D-Will stays that front court is going to give teams some serious problems.
    What has he got to do with their front court?

Originally Posted by pat
    What has he got to do with their front court?
    lol he means backcourt

i'm not sure who the losers are, but I know that the Wizards have to be considered the winners. The got both talent and plugged up some needs. huge steals of the draft going to them.

the Craptors are probably the losers here. They did need a new center but honestly drafting for position and not drafting talet they screwed themselves. Oh well, there's always a lottery pick waiting for them next year...

Originally Posted by Toby Kimbal
    jordon hill was D'antoni's pick, that's why he called him a bad rookie. this pick is Walsh's, i have confidence in him and am looking for a real good player. 2nd round, the guy sounds like a banger, we should have a much better front line and he may get a lot better than even his tournament numbers. go Knicks, can't wait for the season to start.
    Jordan Hill was MIke D's pick?

Since when does Mike D WANT a big man to play defense when he is staisfied with Amare at the 5 (i know its retarded)

Mike D wants shooters and guards mainly. It was Donnie's pick but Mike D was too in love with other bums to play Hill. One of those bums is Jared Jeffries.