Knicks get rights to Josh Harrellson

Nice pickup! Solid banger from a good program! He'll provide the height and weight down low to take up space down in the paint! He's a hardworking blue-collar guys! I like the pickup!

la2ny

Starter
I actually saw a few UK games so i've seen him play, he isn't going to turn into a Tyson Chandler type C at max he'll be like the Hornets Aaron Grey

CoolClyde

Bud Harrelson's OK

I don't know how many of you saw mighty whitey in the NCAA tournament,
but he was one of the main reasons Kentucky made it to the Final Four.
He came out of nowhere to average something like 17 points, 8.8 bounds
a game, and was the difference maker. Seems to be another Moscow in
the making, if not better, if his improvement at end of season is any indication
of things to come.

Bud Harrelson is a good pickup by the Knicks, at least they made
an attempt at a big man.

Pricey

Rotation player
Josh Harrellson
PF 6-10 275 Kentucky

(from PHI)
Prospect Rank: 79 Traded to Knicks. Josh Harrellson is not an NBA player. Congrats to him for getting drafted, but he?s got no business being taken. He?s tall and he works hard. That?s it.

hahahahaha. Oh man

Thugball

Benchwarmer
Jeremy Tyler a prospect with much more upside was also bought for cash considerations. I'm not even a Tyler fan but if we're buying a 2nd round big it should have been him. Also wish we would have bought a 2nd and drafted Darius Morris who slipped pretty far.

Marek

Benchwarmer
Jeremy Tyler a prospect with much more upside was also bought for cash considerations. I'm not even a Tyler fan but if we're buying a 2nd round big it should have been him. Also wish we would have bought a 2nd and drafted Darius Morris who slipped pretty far.

Tyler was gone before the Knicks could buy into the 2nd round.

Harellson is a decent big. He's a hard worker (isn't that why Faried was so popular?) and ran a very similar offense in Kentucky. If he can be consistent with a midrange jumper, he'll be useful in the pick-and-pop while clearing the lane fore Amare and Melo.

On defense, he likes to bang and be physical, which is what we want Amare to NOT do with other centers. Harellson can push other 5's around and mess with their positioning, and will have 6 fouls to use. He's smart enough to use them wisely, too.

Can't ask for much more from a #45 pick.

Wargames

Starter
Ok i have to change my opinion on this guy from Dubious to honestly intrigued based on this stuff I found on other boards.

He's spent the last year practicing against number 3 draft pick Enez Kanter which means he knows how to play against good/better competition.

He was willing to put in the work to get better and earn a playing spot

ESPN and Thad Matta think he was a underrated player

Then add that he was the highest rated Center according to Position Adjusted Win Score (this is based on draftee's who played for American college only). Link

well its something to think about. The Knicks may of got themselves a decent center. who even if he doesn't perform well enough to break the roster. he will definitely be an asset to that D league team.

skisloper

Starter
A great pick-up for what there was in the draft....we need muscle and thats what he brings.....he is 6-10 so if Dantonio does not blow it we have a back-up center....

Now the key is to Trade Turiaf for a solid SG and get us a starting center with the MLE.

mafra

Legend
If this guy is an NBA center than I'm an olympic sprinter. The dude is barely 6"9' without shoes. Banging around the paint in college is quite different than clogging the lanes in the NBA.

Last I checked, FLA didn't have a center like Dwight Howard.

This was pretty much a waste of Dolan's money.

HE IS NOT MOZGOV. The MOZ was a legit 7-foot. Heck, we should have just invited Brian Zoubek to camp. He's taller, did exactly what this guy did last year (getting hot his SR year and helping his team make a run) but he actually won a title.

NYK should have taken a chance on a potential guy like Shelby or Tyler.

IT WAS OBVIOUS we just selected 2 bodies we hope can make the team, crack the rotation and play a few minutes. Neither pick we made will be on this team in 2-3 years though.

THIS "big" wasn't getting drafted. Look at the 2nd round... TEAMS TAKE CHANCES, b/c... as it was said... this was a late pick. If you miss... who cares. Why bother taking a guy who wont even break camp with your team? Especially when you've tradd away your first rounder the next year?