Knicks get rights to Josh Harrellson

mafra

Legend
Can you ever see the glass as half full....
He is a big dude who plays hard.
Look at Gray on Memphis

Dude, just b/c both are white doesn't mean they are the same player.

Gray played for PIT in the BIG EAST and played all 4 years. Gray is also a legit 7-feet, while Harresllson is only 6"10'. Grays scored around 1100 points in college compared to JH's 450.

The SEC was AWFUL in basketball this year. VERY BAD. So, let's not get crazy about the "good" year JH had. Gray's SR year was better, and that was in the much deeper/tougher/talented BIG EAST.

Gray averaged about 14 & 10 his JR and SR year. In JH's JR year he posted 1.3 & 1.2. In his SR campaign, he went off for 7.6 & 9.

Aside from that, sure... they both work hard.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Mafra you make some good points. Harrelson is not Gray, but let's see what he can do. Effort can get you pretty far in the NBA if you have the physical tools and this kid does. I remember being impressed w him while watching Kentucky in the tourney. Time will tell.

skisloper

Starter
I guess we differ....
I think the Knicks need a 6-10 guy who will play hard, hustle and do whatever he can to play in the NBA....

I am sick of watching guys like Wilson Chandler ( past I know ) play with half a heart sometimes...

Guys like Williams and Walker who have such potential but samething they play some games not giving a 100%.

We need a big and this is the best we can get....a guy that will give 100% a night and cherish his opportunity to play in the NBA....

How can U knock a guy like that......

mafra

Legend
I guess we differ....
I think the Knicks need a 6-10 guy who will play hard, hustle and do whatever he can to play in the NBA....

I am sick of watching guys like Wilson Chandler ( past I know ) play with half a heart sometimes...

Guys like Williams and Walker who have such potential but samething they play some games not giving a 100%.

We need a big and this is the best we can get....a guy that will give 100% a night and cherish his opportunity to play in the NBA....

How can U knock a guy like that......

He'll probably be a cross between Luke Walton and Jeff Foster. He will be good on the pick-&-roll, and he did battle against legit NBA prospects in college during his 4 years at KU (Cousins, Kanter and all).

I guess Calipari and work outs pushed this kid on to our radar. I also believe NYK will target Sessions, Telflair or Ridnour along with signing a starting C. So, Harrellson or Jordan will probably compete for 1 spot.

I'm not rooting against the kid... just felt like when you have a 2nd round pick... especially with no first round the next year... take a gamble... like SA... draft one of these young foreign players and stash them overseas. We could have easily taken Harrellson after the draft.

Red

TYPE-A
Mafra you make some good points. Harrelson is not Gray, but let's see what he can do. Effort can get you pretty far in the NBA if you have the physical tools and this kid does. I remember being impressed w him while watching Kentucky in the tourney. Time will tell.

I agree let's wait and see. Too bad there's no summer league and we may have to wait for the preseason

I'd be more worried about what Moa plans to do with the 17th pick.

On a side note...
Ron you got 1700posts under a year....wtf that's a record

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I agree let's wait and see. Too bad there's no summer league and we may have to wait for the preseason

I'd be more worried about what Moa plans to do with the 17th pick.

On a side note...
Ron you got 1700posts under a year....wtf that's a record

Lol.. My first 4 mo. I posted at a torrid pace, but not crap like you see w alot of new posters. I post quality.

And you called me casual fan.. My average is a little under 5 a day. Some days depending on what topics are cookin' I post alot.. Can't be helped I guess. :thumbsup:

I too liked it when Harrelson used the ball as a projectile :) Some good tactics there.. I like guys who won't back down.

Marek

Benchwarmer
I like how physical he is. If he can maintain a mean & ugly attitude at the NBA level and play the enforcer role (kinda like Oakley) then that's all we would need from him.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
He kinda has a lil Bill Lambaier demeanor to em.. Like he just doesn't give a f*ck about who gets in his way..

nyk_nyk

All Star
If this guy is an NBA center than I'm an olympic sprinter. The dude is barely 6"9' without shoes. Banging around the paint in college is quite different than clogging the lanes in the NBA.

Last I checked, FLA didn't have a center like Dwight Howard.

This was pretty much a waste of Dolan's money.

HE IS NOT MOZGOV. The MOZ was a legit 7-foot. Heck, we should have just invited Brian Zoubek to camp. He's taller, did exactly what this guy did last year (getting hot his SR year and helping his team make a run) but he actually won a title.

NYK should have taken a chance on a potential guy like Shelby or Tyler.

IT WAS OBVIOUS we just selected 2 bodies we hope can make the team, crack the rotation and play a few minutes. Neither pick we made will be on this team in 2-3 years though.

THIS "big" wasn't getting drafted. Look at the 2nd round... TEAMS TAKE CHANCES, b/c... as it was said... this was a late pick. If you miss... who cares. Why bother taking a guy who wont even break camp with your team? Especially when you've tradd away your first rounder the next year?

Your a funny guy! So by your logic then every PF/C taken in the first round is meaningless since what they did in the college level is different from the NBA. :teeth:

FYI - Every player is a little shorter without shoes. Kemba is about 5' 11", Brooks is about 6'3", Faried is about 6'6", Tyler is about 6'9"... see where i'm going?

Tyler wasn't even in the NCAAs and constantly played against C level players overseas. That's who you want for 2 more inches in height?

Some info from draft express:
Working extensively with former San Antonio Spurs head coach and notable big man developer, Bob Hill, Tyler's skill level has improved from his high school days, and his 52% shooting in Japan is far better than the 44% he mustered in Israel. Unfortunately, Tyler's feel for utilizing the skills he has developed remains limited. His recognition of where to go with the ball in one-on-one situations is questionable, and despite the size advantage he had in Japan, he did not make too many strong, decisive moves to the rim or elevate well to finish in a crowd. Only compounding the challenges he faced in his learning process this season, he turned the ball over at a frustratingly high rate with his back to the basket.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jeremy-Tyler-1327/#ixzz1QCwkCUMf
http://www.draftexpress.com

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
I don't like white centers at all.

Racism. You gots it.

Luc Longley wants to know how his ass taste, along with Bill Walton, Sabonis, Ilgauskas, Big Country Bryant Reeves, Pryzbilla, Kristic, Divac etc.

And dont say "Some of them are Europeans they dont count", well White is a Race, European is your citizenship, and Lithuanian for instance is an ethnicity. So you saying you dont like White Centers as all means you dont like all of the above, and you my friend are a racist.

What kinda coment is this??? You deserve a ban - 3 days minimum..

No racism intended.

Name one white center that's been athletic and flashy?

From Bill Walton to Shawn Bradley, they're just big bodies who can't get off the ground.

David Lee on the other hand or Jason Williams are blacker than most black guys :smokin:

I didn't say they're not good people or I don't like them cause they're white?!

All I said was white centers suck. That's my oppinion, can't see the racism there.

I don't like spanish soccer players, cause they're fogazzi. Also racist? Don't think so.