Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article - Knicks Just Missed Moving Up, But Shumpert Can Shoot

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Exactly my point!

The NBA is a whole different ballgame. Chump's not going to get all those same looks 8ft and in like he did in college and don't plan on him scoring from outside that range... And when he's not scoring, Mike's not gonna play his @ss especially when we have guards that can play D and score and a hybrid PF/C (Jeffries) that can't hit the backside of a barn.

Antoni's average rotation is 7 guys, sometimes 8. You guys really think Chump is going to make the rotation? Did anyone watch him play this year? He wasn't at all dominating in college so what makes people think he's going to do anything in the NBA? I don't get it.

Another one of our biggest problems last year was spacing on the floor. This kid is going to make our spacing even worse this year because now we're sometimes going to have 2 guys on the court at the same time who can't shoot.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but I don't have a good feeling about this pick considering the talent that was available and we don't need another combo guard.
    well chris singleton was still there and I think he could of been our SG since he can guard the SG postion and has a nice 3 point shot and some decent offensive game. For all the guys that say sinlgeton can play SG ur on crack. but dont forget this was a walsh pick not a coach D pick so I believe he has some nice ceiling.

but bottom line is singleton can be a Sg and guard the SG postion easy let alone the point position.

Veteran

...Let alone the point position? Are you serious? The one thing that Singleton does not have and Shumpert does is QUICKNESS and INSANE athleticism. Singleton is a great athlete, don't get me wrong, but Shumpert is just absolutely ridiculous. Shumpert will be able to keep up with the likes of Rondo and Derrick Rose and Dwyane Wade. Singleton...maybe, maybe not.

And Singleton does NOT have decent offensive game. He has mediocre offensive game. As does Shumpert. But Shumpert can get to the basket better than Singleton can; Singleton is a better outside shooter, so take your pick, neither is known for offense.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    ...Let alone the point position? Are you serious? The one thing that Singleton does not have and Shumpert does is QUICKNESS and INSANE athleticism. Singleton is a great athlete, don't get me wrong, but Shumpert is just absolutely ridiculous. Shumpert will be able to keep up with the likes of Rondo and Derrick Rose and Dwyane Wade. Singleton...maybe, maybe not.

And Singleton does NOT have decent offensive game. He has mediocre offensive game. As does Shumpert. But Shumpert can get to the basket better than Singleton can; Singleton is a better outside shooter, so take your pick, neither is known for offense.
    I said "he could guard a PG let alone a SG", I'm not hating on our pick at all I like Iman and think he will be a top notch defender. Singleton is gona be a top notch defender as well. and hes more of a pysical defender and shot blocker.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    This was a solid and much needed pick. A defensive guard that can play both ends of the court as well as the point and shooting. I would have liked a rebounding defensive big man ( like Byombo) but most of the good ones were picked early. Faried is overrated (imo). I'm just glad they didn't pick Nikola. I started sweating as he was still available a pick before the Knicks...knowing how D'Ant likes that Euro ball style of play. Thank the lawd he was pick before we were on the clock. We don't need anymore tall dudes hanging around the 3 point line.
    This was a horrible decision.... Not to disparage the kid, but we need a back-up for Amar'e and Melo. This guy can play both positions. Excellent defender and actually has an offensive game.

The fact that we didn't choose him irritates and infurates me to no end.