Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Article - Knicks Just Missed Moving Up, But Shumpert Can Shoot

Originally Posted by Carmelo Iz Filthy
    still a little puzzled why we took him so early, maybe we we coudlent get a late 1st rounder to draft him so we had to reach a bit.
    That's exactly it. We all assumed the Knicks could just buy a pick for cash like they did so often with Nate or TD. But with the lockout threatening to freeze the league, everyone wanted to get their moves in last night. Teams didn't want NY's $3M because they were getting better use for those picks in trades.

Who knows...if NY was able to buy Chicago's #30 pick (as was rumored), then maybe they would have picked up a bigger name at #17 like Singleton, hope he shines in the few minutes he gets, use him as trade bait one day.

But I'm not even sure about that...Shumpert was projected in the 25-30 range by a lot of people. If NY liked him that much, maybe he was worth the #17 pick afterall.

Originally Posted by Carmelo Iz Filthy
    But we did buy a 2nd rounder should have drafted selby with that.
    No reason. Already have CB, TD, and Shumpert.
    Personally, I think Selby is overrated. And it seems that NBA front offices agreed with me 48 times last night

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    This was a solid and much needed pick. A defensive guard that can play both ends of the court as well as the point and shooting. I would have liked a rebounding defensive big man ( like Byombo) but most of the good ones were picked early. Faried is overrated (imo). I'm just glad they didn't pick Nikola. I started sweating as he was still available a pick before the Knicks...knowing how D'Ant likes that Euro ball style of play. Thank the lawd he was pick before we were on the clock. We don't need anymore tall dudes hanging around the 3 point line.
    Not gonna lie.. I was alittle relieved when I seen Vucevic picked by philly before it was our turn

Veteran

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Not gonna lie.. I was alittle relieved when I seen Vucevic picked by philly before it was our turn

yeah, I saw it coming. But when Philly made that pick I jumped for joy as if we just drafted the next Jordan. We dodge another D'Ant bullet. it was a good day. lol

When Billups inevitably gets injured next season, who on our roster will play PG?

Rautins???

Originally Posted by dassknick
    When Billups inevitably gets injured next season, who on our roster will play PG?

Rautins???
    MDA's gonna suit up.

Veteran

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    MDA's gonna suit up.
    haha, imagine that.

seriously thou. I think Iman and Douglas will play well in the back court, possibly better if they played together. Rautins is still on my radar. I saw a few of his college games and he's a above average passer. But he might be trade bait. Carter is still here as well. Season is a long ways off, I'm sure changes will still be made.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    seriously thou. I think Iman and Douglas will play well in the back court, possibly better if they played together.
    At first I cringed, but then I thought about it...

Both TD and Iman are more than capable of bringing the ball up the court for halfcourt sets, and Iman looks a little better at running and finishing.

TD has trouble being a playmaker, but he's a very good outside shooter. And with his shoulder all fixed, he should be less streaky, too. So once the ball is in motion, plant him outside to stretch the floor.

Meanwhile, Shumpert can get the pick and roll started with Amare or Melo, and look for opportunities to slash to the basket because he's such an athletic finisher.

Of course, on the other end of the floor, they could potentially be one of the toughest defensive backcourts in the league.

This CBA nonsense and potential lockout really screwed the Knicks. Of course, right. Without this looming threat of a prolonged legal battle which puts next season in jeopardy.... A few more lottery picks enter the draft (Sullinger and Barnes). Just think, that's all NYK needed to get Leonard or that kid from USC. OF COURSE, the talent pool plummmeted after 16 and the Knicks were left without a chair when the music stopped.

Oh well.

What the Knicks front office fails to realize is that ANY shooter can be super hot or cold any given day. If all it takes is getting hot during one workout for one team to get drafted in the First Round I'm going back to college. Our picks we're the worst of the draft IMO. You guys will see. We basically got a younger, smaller Jared Jeffries. Well, at least Rautins will have a new buddy to talk to while they both ride the pine.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    What the Knicks front office fails to realize is that ANY shooter can be super hot or cold any given day. If all it takes is getting hot during one workout for one team to get drafted in the First Round I'm going back to college. Our picks we're the worst of the draft IMO. You guys will see. We basically got a younger, smaller Jared Jeffries. Well, at least Rautins will have a new buddy to talk to while they both ride the pine.
    ..... I stop taking this post seriously when you compared him to Jeffries.

rofl rofl rofl, agreed

king of Ny stay of the acid brah

That's cool...You'll see, the guy can't shoot. Did you watch him play at all in college? Chumpert couldn't hit the back-side of a barn. They're two peas in a pod. And when Mike D sees him throw up brick after brick the dude's not going to even get a whiff of game-time unless the crowd starts chanting his name in garbage time 50 games into the season. You can definitely tell it's the off-season... You guys seem to forget who's leading this team. 30 games into the season we can pull this thread back up and see who was delusional. I bet it's not gonna be me.
    Last edited by KingofNy; Jun 25, 2011 at 00:45.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    That's cool...You'll see, the guy can't shoot. Did you watch him play at all in college? Chumpert couldn't hit the back-side of a barn. They're two peas in a pod. And when Mike D sees him throw up brick after brick the dude's not going to even get a whiff of game-time unless the crowd starts chanting his name in garbage time 50 games into the season. You can definitely tell it's the off-season... You guys seem to forget who's leading this team. 30 games into the season we can pull this thread back up and see who was delusional. I bet it's not gonna be me.
    bro first off jeffrey is the clumsiest mo fo i know, he trips over his own two feet, he can't dunk for his life unless its on a fisher price hoop. Iman can str8 throw it down, can actually make an open lay-up and as far as shooting goes this kid could shoot decently, he wont air ball a free throw like jeffries did.

so to compare him to a small jeffries u msut me on an acid trip big time X 3

Veteran

Let's be honest this was a **** draft for bigs...

That being said comparing him to Jeffries is ridiculous. Then again, Jeffries WAS a good player in college...
    Last edited by SSj4Wingzero; Jun 25, 2011 at 08:44.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Let's be honest this was a **** draft for bigs...

That being said comparing him to Jeffries is ridiculous. Then again, Jeffries WAS a good player in college...
    Exactly my point!

The NBA is a whole different ballgame. Chump's not going to get all those same looks 8ft and in like he did in college and don't plan on him scoring from outside that range... And when he's not scoring, Mike's not gonna play his @ss especially when we have guards that can play D and score and a hybrid PF/C (Jeffries) that can't hit the backside of a barn.

Antoni's average rotation is 7 guys, sometimes 8. You guys really think Chump is going to make the rotation? Did anyone watch him play this year? He wasn't at all dominating in college so what makes people think he's going to do anything in the NBA? I don't get it.

Another one of our biggest problems last year was spacing on the floor. This kid is going to make our spacing even worse this year because now we're sometimes going to have 2 guys on the court at the same time who can't shoot.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but I don't have a good feeling about this pick considering the talent that was available and we don't need another combo guard.