Article - Knicks Just Missed Moving Up, But Shumpert Can Shoot

MDA's gonna suit up.
haha, imagine that.

seriously thou. I think Iman and Douglas will play well in the back court, possibly better if they played together. Rautins is still on my radar. I saw a few of his college games and he's a above average passer. But he might be trade bait. Carter is still here as well. Season is a long ways off, I'm sure changes will still be made.

Marek

Benchwarmer
seriously thou. I think Iman and Douglas will play well in the back court, possibly better if they played together.

At first I cringed, but then I thought about it...

Both TD and Iman are more than capable of bringing the ball up the court for halfcourt sets, and Iman looks a little better at running and finishing.

TD has trouble being a playmaker, but he's a very good outside shooter. And with his shoulder all fixed, he should be less streaky, too. So once the ball is in motion, plant him outside to stretch the floor.

Meanwhile, Shumpert can get the pick and roll started with Amare or Melo, and look for opportunities to slash to the basket because he's such an athletic finisher.

Of course, on the other end of the floor, they could potentially be one of the toughest defensive backcourts in the league.

mafra

Legend
This CBA nonsense and potential lockout really screwed the Knicks. Of course, right. Without this looming threat of a prolonged legal battle which puts next season in jeopardy.... A few more lottery picks enter the draft (Sullinger and Barnes). Just think, that's all NYK needed to get Leonard or that kid from USC. OF COURSE, the talent pool plummmeted after 16 and the Knicks were left without a chair when the music stopped.

Oh well.

KingofNy

Starter
What the Knicks front office fails to realize is that ANY shooter can be super hot or cold any given day. If all it takes is getting hot during one workout for one team to get drafted in the First Round I'm going back to college. Our picks we're the worst of the draft IMO. You guys will see. We basically got a younger, smaller Jared Jeffries. Well, at least Rautins will have a new buddy to talk to while they both ride the pine.

What the Knicks front office fails to realize is that ANY shooter can be super hot or cold any given day. If all it takes is getting hot during one workout for one team to get drafted in the First Round I'm going back to college. Our picks we're the worst of the draft IMO. You guys will see. We basically got a younger, smaller Jared Jeffries. Well, at least Rautins will have a new buddy to talk to while they both ride the pine.
..... I stop taking this post seriously when you compared him to Jeffries.

KingofNy

Starter
..... I stop taking this post seriously when you compared him to Jeffries.

That's cool...You'll see, the guy can't shoot. Did you watch him play at all in college? Chumpert couldn't hit the back-side of a barn. They're two peas in a pod. And when Mike D sees him throw up brick after brick the dude's not going to even get a whiff of game-time unless the crowd starts chanting his name in garbage time 50 games into the season. You can definitely tell it's the off-season... You guys seem to forget who's leading this team. 30 games into the season we can pull this thread back up and see who was delusional. I bet it's not gonna be me.

Last edited:
That's cool...You'll see, the guy can't shoot. Did you watch him play at all in college? Chumpert couldn't hit the back-side of a barn. They're two peas in a pod. And when Mike D sees him throw up brick after brick the dude's not going to even get a whiff of game-time unless the crowd starts chanting his name in garbage time 50 games into the season. You can definitely tell it's the off-season... You guys seem to forget who's leading this team. 30 games into the season we can pull this thread back up and see who was delusional. I bet it's not gonna be me.

bro first off jeffrey is the clumsiest mo fo i know, he trips over his own two feet, he can't dunk for his life unless its on a fisher price hoop. Iman can str8 throw it down, can actually make an open lay-up and as far as shooting goes this kid could shoot decently, he wont air ball a free throw like jeffries did.

so to compare him to a small jeffries u msut me on an acid trip big time X 3 :hippy::hippy::hippy:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Let's be honest this was a shit draft for bigs...

That being said comparing him to Jeffries is ridiculous. Then again, Jeffries WAS a good player in college...

Last edited:

KingofNy

Starter
Let's be honest this was a shit draft for bigs...

That being said comparing him to Jeffries is ridiculous. Then again, Jeffries WAS a good player in college...

Exactly my point!

The NBA is a whole different ballgame. Chump's not going to get all those same looks 8ft and in like he did in college and don't plan on him scoring from outside that range... And when he's not scoring, Mike's not gonna play his @ss especially when we have guards that can play D and score and a hybrid PF/C (Jeffries) that can't hit the backside of a barn.

Antoni's average rotation is 7 guys, sometimes 8. You guys really think Chump is going to make the rotation? Did anyone watch him play this year? He wasn't at all dominating in college so what makes people think he's going to do anything in the NBA? I don't get it.

Another one of our biggest problems last year was spacing on the floor. This kid is going to make our spacing even worse this year because now we're sometimes going to have 2 guys on the court at the same time who can't shoot.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but I don't have a good feeling about this pick considering the talent that was available and we don't need another combo guard.

Exactly my point!

The NBA is a whole different ballgame. Chump's not going to get all those same looks 8ft and in like he did in college and don't plan on him scoring from outside that range... And when he's not scoring, Mike's not gonna play his @ss especially when we have guards that can play D and score and a hybrid PF/C (Jeffries) that can't hit the backside of a barn.

Antoni's average rotation is 7 guys, sometimes 8. You guys really think Chump is going to make the rotation? Did anyone watch him play this year? He wasn't at all dominating in college so what makes people think he's going to do anything in the NBA? I don't get it.

Another one of our biggest problems last year was spacing on the floor. This kid is going to make our spacing even worse this year because now we're sometimes going to have 2 guys on the court at the same time who can't shoot.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but I don't have a good feeling about this pick considering the talent that was available and we don't need another combo guard.
well chris singleton was still there and I think he could of been our SG since he can guard the SG postion and has a nice 3 point shot and some decent offensive game. For all the guys that say sinlgeton can play SG ur on crack. but dont forget this was a walsh pick not a coach D pick so I believe he has some nice ceiling.

but bottom line is singleton can be a Sg and guard the SG postion easy let alone the point position.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
...Let alone the point position? Are you serious? The one thing that Singleton does not have and Shumpert does is QUICKNESS and INSANE athleticism. Singleton is a great athlete, don't get me wrong, but Shumpert is just absolutely ridiculous. Shumpert will be able to keep up with the likes of Rondo and Derrick Rose and Dwyane Wade. Singleton...maybe, maybe not.

And Singleton does NOT have decent offensive game. He has mediocre offensive game. As does Shumpert. But Shumpert can get to the basket better than Singleton can; Singleton is a better outside shooter, so take your pick, neither is known for offense.

...Let alone the point position? Are you serious? The one thing that Singleton does not have and Shumpert does is QUICKNESS and INSANE athleticism. Singleton is a great athlete, don't get me wrong, but Shumpert is just absolutely ridiculous. Shumpert will be able to keep up with the likes of Rondo and Derrick Rose and Dwyane Wade. Singleton...maybe, maybe not.

And Singleton does NOT have decent offensive game. He has mediocre offensive game. As does Shumpert. But Shumpert can get to the basket better than Singleton can; Singleton is a better outside shooter, so take your pick, neither is known for offense.

I said "he could guard a PG let alone a SG", I'm not hating on our pick at all I like Iman and think he will be a top notch defender. Singleton is gona be a top notch defender as well. and hes more of a pysical defender and shot blocker.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
This was a solid and much needed pick. A defensive guard that can play both ends of the court as well as the point and shooting. I would have liked a rebounding defensive big man ( like Byombo) but most of the good ones were picked early. Faried is overrated (imo). I'm just glad they didn't pick Nikola. I started sweating as he was still available a pick before the Knicks...knowing how D'Ant likes that Euro ball style of play. Thank the lawd he was pick before we were on the clock. We don't need anymore tall dudes hanging around the 3 point line.

This was a horrible decision.... Not to disparage the kid, but we need a back-up for Amar'e and Melo. This guy can play both positions. Excellent defender and actually has an offensive game.

The fact that we didn't choose him irritates and infurates me to no end.