Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Plausible is acquiring Monta Ellis?

Default How Plausible is acquiring Monta Ellis?

Because it looks like he could be on his way out, if GSW finally makes up their mind about him. We've heard this song and dance about him before...they're fielding offers...they back out...they're gonna trade him...he's staying put.

But after last night's draft...it looks like life without "The real life Michael Scofield" (look up the character if you don't get the reference) could be coming soon to the bay area.

The T'wolves did not offer Kevin Love for Pau Gasol, as reported; it was Michael Beasley & a No. 2. Lakers asked for Love and proposed Lamar Odom. Despite denials from GM Mitch Kupchak, L.A. presented several teams about Odom, including the Warriors (Shannon Brown was a throw-in) for Monta Ellis.
    A few days ago, it appeared as if the Warriors had decided to keep Ellis despite some very attractive propositions. However, late yesterday, they were back to giving serious thought to moving him if the pitch blew them away.
    Word has it Ellis' agent, Jeff Fried, who did not return my call, informed management his client wants to be dealt.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The only thing is, based on that offer alone, we'd need to elicit a third team.

But we have to try....don't we? This dude is. a. BEAST. And he can play the point at a high level (put on full display when Curry was out of the lineup last season and Reggie played the 2 position.)

Donnie...Glen....James....Jesus...anyone? Please, get this man.

GSW can really use a vet, lol maybe they want billups?

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    GSW can really use a vet, lol maybe they want billups?
    Monta for Billups straight up!

Originally Posted by kylepicklehead
    lol, good one

Originally Posted by kylepicklehead
    YES, We get a guard who would flourish in our system and Mark Jackson gets a veteran point guard to lead them to the playoffs. Though our team will have terrible leadership though....Still.....

DO IT MITCH

The numbers would be similar, they'd need a throw in or two to balance it out...but it seems like they're looking for front court depth.

I say get a third team involved that either stocked up on young bigs in the draft or just has an extra one.... Paul Milsap anyone? The Jazz LOVE Favors, have Al, and drafted Kanter, I think a deal can be done.

Also, GSW might be willing to do Monta a favor since it's likely that he would want to get traded to a contending team. It's gonna have to be a contending team in the Eastern Conference....no reason to willingly create a monster in your own conference that you're gonna have to compete with.

The Knicks brass really need to be on the phone right now with Ellis' agent Fried, and the Warrior's GM. If he can be had...go get him.

I like the way you're thinking. Maybe we could get the Hornets involved and they could have Ellis while shipping CP3 to the Knicks. Paul isnt going to sign with N O anyway, it would be a great way for them to get back an impact PG...

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    The numbers would be similar, they'd need a throw in or two to balance it out...but it seems like they're looking for front court depth.

I say get a third team involved that either stocked up on young bigs in the draft or just has an extra one.... Paul Milsap anyone? The Jazz LOVE Favors, have Al, and drafted Kanter, I think a deal can be done.

Also, GSW might be willing to do Monta a favor since it's likely that he would want to get traded to a contending team. It's gonna have to be a contending team in the Eastern Conference....no reason to willingly create a monster in your own conference that you're gonna have to compete with.

The Knicks brass really need to be on the phone right now with Ellis' agent Fried, and the Warrior's GM. If he can be had...go get him.
    I don't like Ellis for the knicks. We have enough firepower in STAT, Melo, and Billups.

Remember the Melo/ AI experiment?
    Two very explosive scorers in one team is enough IMO (STAT N' MELO). I'd rather keep Billups or look for a better deal.

Only upside is Monta is younger. Well, if it did happen, I guess we can use him as bait to get CP3

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    I don't like Ellis for the knicks. We have enough firepower in STAT, Melo, and Billups.

Remember the Melo/ AI experiment?
    Two very explosive scorers in one team is not gonna win us a chip. I'd rather keep Billups or look for a better deal.

Only upside is Monta is younger
    If two very explosive scorers isn't gonna win us a chip then we're already failing because STAT and Melo are about as explosive as explosive gets. And I guess the comparison to AI might be a fair one...but Monta has shown his ability to run an offense several times last year. When Curry was out, he slid over to PG, Reggie Williams started at the 2, and he put up Derrick Rose numbers...25 & 8. He averaged 5 assists as primarily the two guard, and he had multiple games of 11+ assists even with Curry in the starting lineup.

I think he'd be a steal for us.

Plus he shoots a high percentage and can get to the free throw line, he can come off of picks and fine someone or score the rock. He's athletic, he's durable...what's the downside other than "not being CP3?"

Edit: Dude was third in the league in assists among "non-point guards," behind LBJ and Iggy.....why is he being slept on?

If two very explosive scorers isn't gonna win us a chip then we're already failing because STAT and Melo are about as explosive as explosive gets. And I guess the comparison to AI might be a fair one...but Monta has shown his ability to run an offense several times last year. When Curry was out, he slid over to PG, Reggie Williams started at the 2, and he put up Derrick Rose numbers...25 & 8. He averaged 5 assists as primarily the two guard, and he had multiple games of 11+ assists even with Curry in the starting lineup.

I think he'd be a steal for us.
    Fair enough.

It's just that this reminds me of that Melo/A.I. combination. Remember that A.I. also tried to be a facilitator and actually got 7-9 assisits at one point.

But then again, Monta is a different player.

Plus he shoots a high percentage and can get to the free throw line, he can come off of picks and fine someone or score the rock. He's athletic, he's durable...what's the downside other than "not being CP3?"

Edit: Dude was third in the league in assists among "non-point guards," behind LBJ and Iggy.....why is he being slept on?
    Plus, how is his defense?
    I don't know much about him other than his great finishing abilities around the basket and decent shooting

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I hate to say such a common statement, but his stats are inflated. He's a 6"3 combo guard and its really not going to fit with a team that has Carmelo Anthony and Amare.

Monta is not used to being a 3rd option, ever in his career. Since he's been in the league he's been leading his team in FGA per 40 min, possessions etc. I may be wrong though.

We need someone who can play around our superstars, not created traffic. Ellis has limited range also, we need a guy who can stretch the floor, like OJ Mayo or Francisco Garcia.

Or how about a 3 team trade:

Oakland gets:
    Billups

Nawlins gets :
    Ellis

NY gets:
    Paul

Trade some more players and picks to make the money work and we got ourselves a trade

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by Deathstroke; Jun 25, 2011 at 12:05.

Originally Posted by Deathstroke
    Or how about a 3 team trade:

Oakland gets:
    Billups

Nawlins gets :
    Ellis

NY gets:
    Paul

Trade some more players to make the money work and we got ourselves a trade
    well were gona have to add future draft picks to GS, Iman to GSwith either fields or TD. and NO could jump on it.