Shumpert on WFAN/YES with Francessa Right Now

+1 rep for you.. thx

No problem.

Not going to lie, I liked what I heard from him just now. He seems soft spoken and articulate, but still confident. When asked whether he prefers to play PG or SG, his answer was that he's open to anything and he said "I'm a basketball player, I just want to go out there and win." When asked what basketball player he idolized growing up, his answer was initially Jason Kidd, because he liked how he used to dominate a basketball game without being the one scoring the ball.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Guys check out this live chat with Shumpert

http://knicksnow.com/live

12:18

NYK: Iman Shumpert, your newest Knick, will be joining us to chat live immediately after he is introduced to the media. Submit your questions NOW!
12:19

NYK: Your questions will not be pushed through live until Iman shows up, but send them through to get your question answered by the 17th overall pick.
1:04

NYK: Iman is currently on ESPN Radio. Listen in to the conversation, and then check back where he will be fielding your questions. Next Up, Iman Shumpert!
1:10

NYK: Hey it's Iman. I appreciate all the welcomes to New York City. I'm going to do my best to work hard every day and bring a championship to New York.
1:11

Comment From ghaffar.mahmood
What can you bring to the table of an already talented knicks team?

NYK: A defensive mindset at the guard position. Also i think I bring a lot of athleticism.
Comment From bibbin.george1
What are your thoughts on playing in Mike D'antoni's system?
1:12

NYK: I love him as a coach! I've been watching him since I was in high school just watching and seeing that he's got that big basketball mind. He's someone I want to learn so much from. Every time I have a conversation with him I want to learn as much as I can. I'm just bring a sponge.
1:12
Comment From john.soohoo
how does it feel knowing that your going to pass the ball to the likes of Melo and STAT
1:13

NYK: Oh that's gonna make my decision making a lot easier! They take a lot of pressure off you offensively. I can play free knowing I can play off those guys. I will get a ton of open shots. Now I got to knock them down!

Comment From harlemdakid.daytwon.telfair
welcome to the new york knicks

NYK: Thanks! Can't wait for the season to start!
1:14

Comment From ghaffar.mahmood
The team needs help defensively. How are you as a defensive player and what can you do to become better defensively?
1:15

NYK: I think I am a good on the ball defender as well as playing passing lanes. What I have to get better at is not taking so many chances. It had a lot to do with us losing this year. I took a lot of gambling to take intiative to get a win. I have to tone down the gambling and continue playing solid defense.
1:15

Comment From daniel.rovin
What excites you the most about playing in NYC and with this Knicks team?
1:16

NYK: With this Knicks team what excites me the most is to play with Chauncey Billups, someone I have idolized for a long time. Most about the city is I know Knicks fans are die hard. I grew up a Bulls fan, and for the Knicks to now have me, everyone in my camp is a Knicks fan. I wore orange and blue in high school, so I have no problem wearing it now!

Comment From אלירן.אברמוב
are you ready to open up "Iman Island" !

NYK: I look forward to being a lockdown defender.

Comment From joe.calabrese
Welcome Iman! For those of us not too familiar with your game, is there an NBA player you could compare yourself to?
1:17

NYK: I don't like to compare myself. I just play the hardest I can and be the best I can be.
1:17
Comment From rhonda.dearborn
welcome! Can you run the P&R with Amar'e?
1:18

NYK: Oh yea! I feel like me and Amar'e playing the pick and roll will put a lot of pressure on whoever is trying to defend us.

Comment From javier.hernandez
What's your work ethic like?

NYK: I'm a gym rat. No days off.

Comment From elan.tanen
are you ready to guard players like kobe, d-wade, ray allen, or derrick rose?

NYK: I look forward to the challenge.
1:19

Comment From rahsaan.venable
What are your first impressions of New York City and playing in Madison Square Garden?
1:19

NYK: It's the biggest stage. The big stage brings the most out of big players so I am excited to see exactly what I can do. I know that being on a stage like this will bring the best out of me.
1:20

Comment From teardrop.jones
From your perspective, what do you think the Knicks need to win a championship at this point?
1:21

NYK: Now we just need a bigger defensive presence as a whole, and we need to make sure people don't get second chances. If we can make people get one shot every possession, I think we will be in a better position to win games.
1:22

NYK: Alright, thanks everyone for joining me. I look forward to playing my heart out each and every day. Can't wait to see you all at The Garden!
1:22

NYK: Thanks Iman for joining us, and for all the fans for submitting questions. Check out our Knicks facebook account for more from Iman throughout the day.

I like his attitude!

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I'm feeling the "Iman Island" question someone asked. I hope he strands dudes out there with no cell service and no hope in sight.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
He definitely has the tools to be lock-down defender. His movement is so fluid. He just looks like he could stay with anyone.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I'm feeling the "Iman Island" question someone asked. I hope he strands dudes out there with no cell service and no hope in sight.

well he did shut down Fredette in the one-on-one workout. so im hype about this dudes defense glad we grabbed em.