Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade for IGGY or Ellis Thread

Originally Posted by smokes
    Is it only me who is wondering who the hell we have on our roster other than Melo/Stat that could land us either of these guys in a trade??
    Nope. It's been that way since the trade.

Originally Posted by smokes
    Is it only me who is wondering who the hell we have on our roster other than Melo/Stat that could land us either of these guys in a trade??

We don't have anywhere near enough to get either of those guys.

There's gonna be a third team involved if we trade for anyone who has any kind of clout in the league. We don't have the pieces for a two team trade for a person of either guy's caliber.

It would probably involve Chauncey, Fields, Walker, draft picks, and maybe Derrick Brown type pieces thrown in (although I wanna keep that dude).

The things that we have in our favor would be the fact that NO would only be trading CP3 here if they were forced to by his refusal to sign any extensions, and GSW looks like they'd actually do Monta a favor since he expressed interest in going to a contending team if traded (allegedly, but totally believable.)

So there's that...but we still need a lot to happen, and scenarios to play out, for either situation to come to fruition...but you know what...I remember saying similar things last September and October about a dude named Carmelo Anthony...just saying.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    There's gonna be a third team involved if we trade for anyone who has any kind of clout in the league. We don't have the pieces for a two team trade for a person of either guy's caliber.

It would probably involve Chauncey, Fields, Walker, draft picks, and maybe Derrick Brown type pieces thrown in (although I wanna keep that dude).

The things that we have in our favor would be the fact that NO would only be trading CP3 here if they were forced to by his refusal to sign any extensions, and GSW looks like they'd actually do Monta a favor since he expressed interest in going to a contending team if traded (allegedly, but totally believable.)

So there's that...but we still need a lot to happen, and scenarios to play out, for either situation to come to fruition...but you know what...I remember saying similar things last September and October about a dude named Carmelo Anthony...just saying.
    agreed but we would have to throw in Iman