Ok I think the knicks should seriously look into signing the following players

1. Nene: If for some reason he slides into free agency, the knicks number 1 priority should be signign this guy. This guy is a top 5 center imo, hes so efficient and with amare and nene we would have the leagues best front court.

2. Greg Oden: Why not take a chance on him, hes one of the best defensive big men when healthy and hes a freak athletically.

3. Tyson Chandler: hes prolly the best defensive center in the league why not make him an offer the Mavs cant match? even if they do match it it would be interesting to see how pissed off cuban gets :).

4. Take a chance on Yao ming, his foot is ****ed up so he would be limited to playing time.

out of the 4 I would take greg oden because he would be the cheapest, and he could be the best defensive center out of them all. Hope the celtics don't sign him.

I read the other day Oden won't even be ready to actaully play until January -_-.. but then again if this lockout last long enough it could be a non issue.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I'd take NeNe for the MLE.

Oden, has to be significantly lower than the MLE. I don't know if that'd happen though.

Chandler, just not happening.

Yao....let him finish his career in Houston lol. Can't imagine him anywhere else.

STAT1

Starter
We need someone who can make a real impact, not just fill a role. I think the following are options we should probably look at (Tayshaun Prince, Nene, Wilson Chandler & AK47 are all probably priced out of our range so I won't bother discussing them):

Grant Hill - I would welcome him with open arms too, the guy is a pro & definitely knows how to play on both ends of the floor

Josh Howard - interesting choice on a high upside flyer, I think he's still got plenty of game left in him & would welcome an opportunity to make a comeback on a contending team next season in hopes of landing a bigger payday later. We might be able to sign a guy like that on a 1 year deal.

Kenyon Martin - another intriguing option, I've always loved that guy's intensity. I think he would make a perfect Knick, bring back some of that toughness that the old school teams had.

Chuck Hayes - undersized but 1 of the best frontcourt defensive players in the NBA. He would add a lot to our defensive woes in the paint.

Other than these guys, I don't see any other names in the free agent pool that can realistically make any appreciable difference on this year's squad.

We need someone who can make a real impact, not just fill a role. I think the following are options we should probably look at (Tayshaun Prince, Nene, Wilson Chandler & AK47 are all probably priced out of our range so I won't bother discussing them):

Grant Hill - I would welcome him with open arms too, the guy is a pro & definitely knows how to play on both ends of the floor

Josh Howard - interesting choice on a high upside flyer, I think he's still got plenty of game left in him & would welcome an opportunity to make a comeback on a contending team next season in hopes of landing a bigger payday later. We might be able to sign a guy like that on a 1 year deal.

Kenyon Martin - another intriguing option, I've always loved that guy's intensity. I think he would make a perfect Knick, bring back some of that toughness that the old school teams had.

Chuck Hayes - undersized but 1 of the best frontcourt defensive players in the NBA. He would add a lot to our defensive woes in the paint.

Other than these guys, I don't see any other names in the free agent pool that can realistically make any appreciable difference on this year's squad.
idk how their out of our price range, cuz wat happens if cp3 doesnt sign with us? we waited 1 year for nothing and within that 1 year amare and melo got 1 year older and we waited for nothing.

STAT1

Starter
idk how their out of our price range, cuz wat happens if cp3 doesnt sign with us? we waited 1 year for nothing and within that 1 year amare and melo got 1 year older and we waited for nothing.

I'm talking about this summer. What money do we have to spend? The MLE at most? That won't be near enough to sign guys like Tayshaun Prince, AK47 or Nene. Wilson maybe depending on how much he wants to come back to play in NYC, but do you honestly think he's worth giving up any & all chance at signing a player like CP3, Deron Williams or (more unlikely) Dwight Howard in 2012? Let's get real.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I'm talking about this summer. What money do we have to spend? The MLE at most? That won't be near enough to sign guys like Tayshaun Prince, AK47 or Nene. Wilson maybe depending on how much he wants to come back to play in NYC, but do you honestly think he's worth giving up any & all chance at signing a player like CP3, Deron Williams or (more unlikely) Dwight Howard in 2012? Let's get real.
Chandler isn't worth spending much because of his position alone.

we have money to spend, as of right now we dont have a center and I dont feel comfortable facing the magic, or bulls with Ronny T playing center even tho he busts his ass every defensive possetion, hes not a center hes a hell of a good pf tho.

STAT1

Starter
we have money to spend, as of right now we dont have a center and I dont feel comfortable facing the magic, or bulls with Ronny T playing center even tho he busts his ass every defensive possetion, hes not a center hes a hell of a good pf tho.

We have the MLE to spend, that's it. Right now our payroll for 2011 stands at $65M for 9 players. That doesn't even include the guaranteed salary for our 1st rd draft pick Iman Shumpert, who will add about another $1.5M or so to that total, & another 2 mandatory roster spot capholds that would add another $900K or so to the final total also (who right now I'm guessing will be filled by Jerome Jordan & Josh Harrelson).

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I'm actually not worried about Howard. Overall good teams such as the Bulls is why we need another center. Could Turiaf get the job done if it wasn't for injuries? Maybe, but he got injured a lot so that's why getting a starting center is important. Plus we'd have two legit centers, and that would give Turiaf rest.

I'm actually not worried about Howard. Overall good teams such as the Bulls is why we need another center. Could Turiaf get the job done if it wasn't for injuries? Maybe, but he got injured a lot so that's why getting a starting center is important. Plus we'd have two legit centers, and that would give Turiaf rest.

yeh Idk do u think we could get dambert? I like him but will we have enough to pursue him?

mafra

Legend
Maybe we can trade for Dahante Jones from Indy, Sessions or Ridnour; Sign Marc Gasol, DeAndre Jordan or Samuel Dalembert. Jeff Foster for some muscle?

Maybe Crawford retruns on the cheap?

Lots of options... indeed.