Now is the time to talk about the CENTER !!!!!

NYKing

Rookie
Joel Przybilla - FA
Samuel Dalembert - FA
Jeff Foster - FA
Nazr Mohammed - FA
Kurt Thomas - FA
Kwame Brown - FA
Ben Wallace - Pistons sal.2M in 11/12 (via trade)
Robin Lopez - Suns sal.2,8M in 11/12 (via trade)
Nikola Pekovic - Wolves sal.4,3 in 11/12 (via trade)
Timofey Mozgov - Nuggets sal.2,5 in 11/12 (via trade)

OUT = Nen?(P.O), M.Gasol(Q.O), T.Chandler(re-sign Mavs), G.Oden (re-sign Blazers), D.Jordan(re-sign Clippers) and Yao Ming(re-sign Rockets)... that are unlikely.

What is the best and most likely option ?!?!?

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
If we're lucky, Dalembert and Pryzbilla would be the best for defense and rebounding.

A rotation consisting of Dalembert/ Pryzbilla/ Turiaf would be great. :)

If we had these guys we can go toe-to-toe with the teams like the Bulls, Lakers, and Mavs who have big frontcourts. Harrellson backing up STAT won't hurt either. :gony:

I think the sad fact for the Knicks (or possibly hopeful fact) is that if we can add any of those 6 centers listed as true free agents, then that will make us better next year. The issue then becomes who wants to come here and who will give us the biggest bargain. As previously said, the presence of 2 of those guys cheap may be far superior than one on the higher end because of the uptempo play style and MDA's bizarre expectations of centers.

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
We should be going HARD after Nene and Chandler but also don't forget, about Marcus Camby, we could get a trade for him possibly

petescud

Starter
I too think Nene would be awesome in our scheme...I don't see it possible though, as he makes big $$$...right

Paul1355

All Star
Joel Przybilla - FA
Samuel Dalembert - FA
Jeff Foster - FA
Nazr Mohammed - FA
Kurt Thomas - FA
Kwame Brown - FA
Ben Wallace - Pistons sal.2M in 11/12 (via trade)
Robin Lopez - Suns sal.2,8M in 11/12 (via trade)
Nikola Pekovic - Wolves sal.4,3 in 11/12 (via trade)
Timofey Mozgov - Nuggets sal.2,5 in 11/12 (via trade)

OUT = Nen?(P.O), M.Gasol(Q.O), T.Chandler(re-sign Mavs), G.Oden (re-sign Blazers), D.Jordan(re-sign Clippers) and Yao Ming(re-sign Rockets)... that are unlikely.

What is the best and most likely option ?!?!?

I herd rummors that the Knicks are looking to get Robin Lopez, they were a good combo in Phoenix in Amare;s last year.

NYKnicks15

Starter
The best center to go along Amare would be Tyson Chandler. Dont believe thats an option but just like in Chicago Tyson makes scoring PF/C's look incredible hence why Eddy Curry looked like a superstar. Not saying Amare isnt a superstar already just stating that the combo of the two would be virtually unstoppable.

It's hard to come by a good big these days.. so we really have two choices. Invest money in someone who we think will "save us" at that positions i.e Gasol, Nene, Chandler, Dalembert or go the Miami route or stock up on cheap options like Foster, Pryzbilla.. I prefer a healthy balance.. bring Jerome Jordan over here and see which FA is willing to take a little less to win. If its Nene (it would be nice to see him in a Knick uniform finally but for me doesnt put up enough blocks or defensive help ) or Dalembert so be it. DeAndre Jordan would be ideal

My dream scenario would be (this side of Chandler) would be getting Marcus Camby for one last stint. Contract wise itd be hard to do. but thats wishlist talk.