italy aregentina

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
gold medal game argentina v. italy on now...... i think aregentina wins by blowout any other predictions

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
i was suprised with the number of argentinians in the nba. their roster is full of nba players with a few getting new contracts this off season

btw sry for the incorrect spelling of argentina in the topic headline

newmove

Rotation player
Yeah, it surprised me too. I mean we all know who Manu Ginobili is but their roster impresses. I mean they've got NBA players, solid players from european best teams, and just tallented guys. Those guys really cared about whom to bring to Greecs... Unlike us...

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
well i dont think its so much we didnt care its just nba players are just punks that will only play if gettting paid. They dont have the national pride that these international players do, and thats just how america is. Everyone took for granted that we won gold so many times and just assumed it would happen again, so the players didnt realize what they were doing by not going to play in the olympics

yeaa but damn it was a nice game, but damn theise players deserve 2 be in the nba i dont no y they wont coem over Argentina ahs nice players that i would want like Scola, hes sick Isiah should give him a call sometime

newmove

Rotation player
pbjb14 said:
well i dont think its so much we didnt care its just nba players are just punks that will only play if gettting paid. They dont have the antional pride that these international players do, adn thats just how america is. Everyone took for granted that we won gold so many times and just assumed it would happen again, so the players didnt realize what they were doing by not going to play in the olympics
Yes! That's exactly what I was talking about! Our pros lost the pride and motivation cuz of the big money they earn in the NBA.
TmAc N Knicks4life said:
yeaa but damn it was a nice game, but damn theise players deserve 2 be in the nba
Not everyone but some of them are really impressive. I agree with you about Scola, he's pretty good.
pbjb14 said:
i actually recall hearing scola is to be signed by chicago
If it's so then good for him, good for Chicago. He's a nice shooter. And he's quick. Got some nice jumper.

newmove

Rotation player
We have no1 we could offer Chicago for Scola. And we've got a solid backcourt already. I think we should go for big men, cuz we're already packed with shooters. A guy Swift caliber would be great but he ain't center. The guy we really need is a center. And I can't see any of good big guys available as for now. Maybe Isiah has a better sight. Hopefully.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i saw the game but imo it wasn't so spectacular. anyway, in was rooting for argentina. ginobili, scola, herrman.. players who showed something during the whole tour. everybody agrees that argentina deserved the title?

newmove

Rotation player
Yup, they've gone all the way, they've did their best and they certainly do deserve for it. Scola surprised me though. I though it was going to be Ginobili's night and it turned out that Scola stepped up and put on of the best games in his lifetime.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
the thing that puts us in a bad position in accuring some of these international players is our money situations. The reason these international players are coming here isnt for the competition or anything, its becasue the nba is the highest paying league in the world. Since we have no money the only way we coul acquire any decent internaitonal player would be thrugh a sign and trade which complicates things a while lot more

JJtheKnick

Starter
that goes to show you they were the best team that played. they shoot the three soo good and worked very well with the pick.

yeaa the pick damn it was unstopable....... but ya nba playas do play 4 teh $$ idk y they need so mutch $$ avrage playa thise days gets liek 10 a year tahts hela alot!!

JJtheKnick

Starter
the nba playes did not play there hardest because they were not getting paid and they dident want to get hurt. but i say if you say you want to go then go and play your hardest not 80%

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
does that not make sense to anyone else, ....... the nba player did play hard becasue they werent getiing played and didnt want to get hurt????is it just me ;)

btw earlier in the forum when i said nba players only play if getting paid (and most ppl seemed to agree) i was referring to the players who stayed back home and didnt come. The only person i see with a legit excuse is kobe and jason kidd. I mean i gotta give it to ppl like boozer (who was going for his degree and put it on hold for the olympics) , iverson, and marbury who sacraficed a large portion of there summer to go to the olympics. I dont think the reason we lost was because of the 80% effort that jjtheknicks said, i think we gave 100% effort its just the team that was chosen was not a good perimiter defending team or a good perimiter shooting team, and thats what u need in international ball. I dont like to hear that they didnt play with all there effort, those guys every single one fo them odom marbury iverson jefferson boozer every single one of them left it all on the court and it go them a bronze medal.

JJtheKnick

Starter
i hope thats ture. i just hope the good players go to play USA basketball. this team was good but if all the great players went like shaq or KG that team would have been unstoppable

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
TmAc N Knicks4life said:
wel now that they lost and dint win gold ppl wil wan go and play in 4yrs and play 4 pride and not $$

man do i hope so. Ive got friends form around the world alot of which thought that america was the greatest world power and had the worlds best ballers and now beleive we dont ahve the worlds best players its a real shame that all our players couldnt come