Ewing to interview for Piston's Coach

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
This might belong in the NBA forum but f*ck it... it's Pat.

The Detroit Pistons have expanded their head coaching search by interviewing Orlando Magic assistant coach Patrick Ewing, according to league sources.
Ewing, 49, has long desired to be a head coach, and has decried what he viewed as pigeonholing him as a ?big man? assistant, a role he has undertaken while an assistant coach in Houston with Yao Ming and in Orlando with Dwight Howard. Ewing has said that he does a lot more than just work with bigs and is ready to run a team. He badly wanted to get a shot with the Knicks, the team for whom he became a superstar after being taken first overall in the 1985 Draft.
?It?s disappointing that I haven?t moved to the next step to getting a head coaching job, but all I can do is keep working hard and keep on preparing myself for whenever that opportunity arises,? Ewing told the New York Daily News earlier this month. ?A lot of people try to pigeonhole me into just a big man?s coach and I?m just not a big man?s coach. I?m a coach.?
He is the fifth known candidate to replace John Kuester, joining former Hawks coach Mike Woodson, former Nets and current Celtics assistant Lawrence Frank, former WNBA coach and current Timberwolves assistant Bill Laimbeer and current Bucks assistant coach Kelvin Sampson, a former college coach at Indiana and Oklahoma. Each has interviewed once with team president Joe Dumars. It is not known if second interviews will be conducted with the Pistons? new majority owner, Tom Gores.

I very much would like to see Patrick on our bench someday soon and I would hate to see him continue to coach against us, but I like the guy too much to wish against his chances in landing a head coaching job with Detroit or anywhere else.

KBlack25

Starter
I wish him nothing but the best.

That Piston's gig is tough, they are a team in flux right now...they have 2 combo guards and Greg Monroe and then a bunch of vets who don't like it there...interesting to see what he could do with Monroe and a disgruntled roster should he get the job.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
wish he gets the chance as i think he deserves and and well be a good head coach. part of me just wishes he would get it with us though loll.

Sage

Rotation player
I remember hearing Isiah Thomas was being considered for this job. I kinda hope he gets it so that he can have nothing to do with the Knicks.