If Josh Harrelson gets minutes?

Paul1355

All Star
Will he be a fan favorite? I see this guy being a better reggie evens type of bruiser we can use in the paint and Harrelson is known for his rebounding and hats off t everyone who wanted Kenneth Faried or Chris Singleton, at least we get a rebounder.

petescud

Starter
If he keeps his head and gets under players skin, I'll love the guy...Would like to see a Anthony Mason type player with this guy

tiger0330

Legend
Another reach by the Knicks, picking this kid at 45 when he wasn't even projected to be drafted. I see Matt Howard didn't get drafted and Harrelson shouldn't have been either, the Knicks could have saved a million dollars picking him up as a summer league or training camp invite.

Only thing I see him doing in the NBA is using him for 6 fouls and setting picks with that big body. I wish we still had the Gov who was more NBA ready. 7 ft and more athletic.

mafra

Legend
Another reach by the Knicks, picking this kid at 45 when he wasn't even projected to be drafted. I see Matt Howard didn't get drafted and Harrelson shouldn't have been either, the Knicks could have saved a million dollars picking him up as a summer league or training camp invite.

Only thing I see him doing in the NBA is using him for 6 fouls and setting picks with that big body. I wish we still had the Gov who was more NBA ready. 7 ft and more athletic.

A Bill Lambier type who should thrive on the pick-n-roll. We can only hope. I think Jerome Jordan has a better chance cracking the rotation though.

Marek

Benchwarmer

People said the EXACT same thing about Landry Fields. Now, imagine the Knicks passed on him and some other team took the chance to draft him at #59 or something. There goes the idea of signing him as an undrafted FA.

If you like a guy, you draft him. The Knicks liked him.

When you get deep into the 2nd round, you can pretty much throw the consensus "best available" stuff out the window and go with guys YOU believe to be the best available.

Wally Szcerbiak, on Boomer and Carton, basically said that Harrelson is a guy you put on the court to get under other big men's skin. That seems like a semi-useful skill, but I hope that the Knicks have more planned than just Turiaf, Jerome Jordan, and Harrelson in the middle this coming season.

skisloper

Starter

Knicks payed $750,000 for this pick. Let Dolan pay who cares.
We took a chance and no risk no reward.
If that guy gives us 10 minutes off the bench and commits a few hard fouls its worth it.......what else do we have

Thugball

Benchwarmer
Who cares if Dolan spends money on picks? I wish Dolan would buy so many picks that he can't afford the team anymore. If Harrelson is able to do hat Brian Cardinal did in the finals (Draw charges, Foul Hard, Hurt DWade, and be annoying) then I say it's a solid pick.

p0nder

Starter
He is going to be the "Garbage Man" and bang out a few solid minutes against opposing big men, get them wore down and upset and basically soften them up for STAT to smash on 'em at the other end.

It's essentially the role of "enforcer" that is being phased out in the NHL. You send in this guy when the other players have been naughty and put a hard foul on your star (Wayne Gretzky had Dave Semenko). This will help check the opponents aggressive play and cause disruption in their game. Think Sean Avery of the Rangers and what he brings to that team.

Regardless I think we'll see Jordan before we see "the garbage man."