Thread: Marcus Camby

Default Marcus Camby

What would Portland want for him? Hopefully nothing much, he'd be perfect for STAT

Originally Posted by Deathstroke
    What would Portland want for him? Hopefully nothing much, he'd be perfect for STAT
    Concerns about Camby: Age and durability.

Although with his length, he is still one of the best defensive bigs in the league. This guy was the defensive player of the year when he was rollin with the nuggets.
    Not to mention, He was a former knick.

Get that man back to the knicks and watch him improve our D ala Tyson Chandler for the Mavs

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Concerns about Camby: Age and durability.

Although with his length, he is still one of the best defensive bigs in the league. This guy was the defensive player of the year when he was rollin with the nuggets.
    Not to mention, He was a former knick.

Get that man back to the knicks and watch him improve our D ala Tyson Chandler for the Mavs
    +1

Would love to see him back for another stint with the Knicks. Just not sure if it's possible.

Originally Posted by KnickfanaticinGA
    Would love to see him back for another stint with the Knicks. Just not sure if it's possible.
    hahaha I'm a big giants, mets and knicks fan too ,

He would put us into contention. His age isn't a factor. I don't think he's gotten injured that much recently. Did he sit out much during his career even?

Would he better for us than Dalembert, at least as a player?

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    He would put us into contention. His age isn't a factor. I don't think he's gotten injured that much recently. Did he sit out much during his career even?

Would he better for us than Dalembert, at least as a player?
    I can't tell if you're joking or not. Camby missed chunks of last season with injuries. He also threatened to retire last year if traded at the deadline because he was tired of moving his family around.

I think it's 50/50 if he'd be open to getting traded at this point, and even if he does...we'd have to convince the Blazers to give him up for pretty much nothing.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I can't tell if you're joking or not. Camby missed chunks of last season with injuries. He also threatened to retire last year if traded at the deadline because he was tired of moving his family around.

I think it's 50/50 if he'd be open to getting traded at this point, and even if he does...we'd have to convince the Blazers to give him up for pretty much nothing.
    I thought he was injured, but I don't recall him being injured that much over the course of his career.

Anyway, I agree with "pretty much nothing". It's not like Oden is expected to be back soon.

Every year we bring him up, every year we can't afford him due to long term plans VS salary cap.

They'd be idiots to trade him. He's in his last year and they need as many centers as they can with Oden always getting hurt. Damn.... Imagine if Roy and Oden weren't injury prone, they'd be the team to beat.

Camby lives in Ct, so he'd welcome back a NY trade with open arms...I always liked the guy...especially when we were in the playoffs when he was with us

4 months ago...

There’s been some trade buzz around Marcus Camby, but the Portland Trail Blazers center has told people close to him that he may retire if he’s moved before the Feb. 24 deadline, The Oregonian reports.

“Marcus has made plenty of money in his career, and at this stage would not be keen to move to a rebuilding situation,’’ a source told the newspaper. “If he is traded, he would likely contemplate retirement.’’

“He really wants to stay in Portland, it’s his No. 1 choice,” Camby’s agent, Rick Kaplan, added. “It was incredibly important to him when he signed his extension and moved his family that he stay in Portland. I think by now he understands it’s a business, but that’s where he wants to be.”

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Although it says rebuilding situation i still believe he stands by portland or retirement. Family comes before rings.

Not that i think it will happen for several reason, most of the already covered, i'd still love to have camby back. Hes still a very good defensive player and rebounder, amazing how even with all the injuries hes always made an impact on the court

I heard the Spurs were shopping Antonio McDyess.

Here is my proposed trade:The Knicks send Turiaf to the Blazers, the Blazers send Marcus Camby to the Spurs and the Spurs send McDyess to the Knicks.

Originally Posted by Deathstroke
    Camby said last year that if he is ever traded that he is retiring.....with this new team he might reconsider but if he loves Portland that much I dont see him going through another change in his career.

Plus he is too old